• D
    • D-
    • F+
    • F
    • F-

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the criticism, but who else picked after him was the no brainer. Most of these QB prospect don't do much in NFL, so besides some Qb that you've chosen as the Next great one , what player did you see as a future HOF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pick makes me nervous. Just watched him against Alabama, Auburn, and Wisconsin. 

Positives; takes good angles, pretty sure tackler, aggressive at the LOS, will blow some running and screen plays up in the backfield.

Negatives: I don't see a ball hawk, not in the least.  The Ed Reed comparisons are ridiculous IMO.  Reed was so good, he could bait QBs into making throws.. then jump the route and take it to the house.  Adams appears average in coverage, at best.  I saw numerous plays where he played way off and either allows receptions underneath him, or doesn't close on the receiver fast enough.  He plays more like a security blanket, making sure a tackle is made.  I would expect the #6 overall pick to be on the spot knocking balls away more than what I saw. 

Bottom line: Hope I'm wrong... but I don't see a top 10 player.

Just now, RoadFan said:

This pick makes me nervous. Just watched him against Alabama, Auburn, and Wisconsin. 

Positives; takes good angles, pretty sure tackler, aggressive at the LOS, will blow some running and screen plays up in the backfield.

Negatives: I don't see a ball hawk, not in the least.  The Ed Reed comparisons are ridiculous IMO.  Reed was so good, he could bait QBs into making throws.. then jump the route and take it to the house.  Adams appears average in coverage, at best.  I saw numerous plays where he played way off and allows receptions underneath him.  I would expect the #6 overall pick to be on the spot more than what I saw.

Adams is not very good in coverage at all.  He's succeptible to post double fakes and other deep routes.  Hits hard and plays the run well. He's not that fast.  Basically a better version of Eric Smith or Calvin Pryor

Top 6 pick wasted on that

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A little thought experiment for you morons giving this pick an "A."

Pick the guy that you think is the best strong safety in the league. Any one. Kam Chancellor, perhaps. Now ask yourself what pick you'd trade for, say, Kam Chancellor. Would it be a second rounder? Maybe. A first? Oh, hell no. Maybe a third or a fourth, sure. Would you trade a top ten pick for Kam Chancellor? OMG that'd be nuts. So, basically, Jamal Adams has to become the best strong safety in the league and he'd still not be worth the pick. You idiots.

Your a fkg moron you don't even know the value of safety nor how they are used.

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Why is everyone compared to Kam Chancellor

Because he looks cool playing on a loaded defense where he's like the 6th most important player. 

He also couldn't cover Gronk when it mattered and got the worst end of Edelman 

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pick the guy that you think is the best strong safety in the league. Any one. Kam Chancellor, perhaps. Now ask yourself what pick you'd trade for, say, Kam Chancellor. Would it be a second rounder? Maybe. A first? Oh, hell no. Maybe a third or a fourth, sure. Would you trade a top ten pick for Kam Chancellor? OMG that'd be nuts. So, basically, Jamal Adams has to become the best strong safety in the league and he'd still not be worth the pick. You idiots.

It's a little disingenuous.  Bowles doesn't play SS or FS that strictly so, if he's Eric Berry or Earl Thomas or a Brian Dawkins type, is that worthy of a top 10 pick?  I don't see the Chiefs regretting it.

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

seriously get over yourself with this hysterical bullsh*t- adams was the safest and superior talent available. you don't gamble with risky WRs at #6 overall when you're a team as devoid of talent as the jets

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because he looks cool playing on a loaded defense where he's like the 6th most important player. 

He also couldn't cover Gronk when it mattered and got the worst end of Edelman 

Any safety who hits hard?

I'd give it an A.  And an F.

The A is for getting a really good football player who will start on day 1, make a lot of good plays, and help change the toxic culture of the Jets locker room.

The F is to satisfy Jets fans who insist on having something to whine about, no matter how good the pick is.

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

seriously get over yourself with this hysterical bullsh*t- adams was the safest and superior talent available. you don't gamble with risky WRs at #6 overall when you're a team as devoid of talent as the jets

We're devoid of talent because we keep picking safeties in the first round. 

I don't get the pick.

As has been said a bunch of times, he looks great when he is by the line of scrimmage. Aggressive. Sure tackler. Wraps up. "Leader." I believe he will be a good player for us and maybe a fan favorite.

So what though. At best we get someone who is a little better at doing stuff than someone that we could generally take in the late 3rd or 4rounds. Woohoo.

Meanwhile you have potential td machines in Williams and Howard just sitting there.

Not to mention Christian mccaffrey who is a lock to get 1500+ all purpose yards every season.

not to mention actual cornerbacks who might stop the passes down the field.

not to mention a potential trade down opportunity to secure picks for a qb next year.

But the experts say... ?

1 minute ago, BrickTamland said:

I don't get the pick.

As has been said a bunch of times, he looks great when he is by the line of scrimmage. Aggressive. Sure tackler. Wraps up. "Leader." I believe he will be a good player for us and maybe a fan favorite.

So what though. At best we get someone who is a little better at doing stuff than someone that we could generally take in the late 3rd or 4rounds. Woohoo.

Meanwhile you have potential td machines in Williams and Howard just sitting there.

Not to mention Christian mccaffrey who is a lock to get 1500+ all purpose yards every season.

not to mention actual cornerbacks who might stop the passes down the field.

not to mention a potential trade down opportunity to secure picks for a qb next year.

But the experts say... ?

Glorified Eric Smith

34 minutes ago, Jetlag said:

It's a little disingenuous.  Bowles doesn't play SS or FS that strictly so, if he's Eric Berry or Earl Thomas or a Brian Dawkins type, is that worthy of a top 10 pick?  I don't see the Chiefs regretting it.

I don't think Adams is as good as Landon Collins

Let alone those guys

26 minutes ago, rbstern said:

I'd give it an A.  And an F.

The A is for getting a really good football player who will start on day 1, make a lot of good plays, and help change the toxic culture of the Jets locker room.

The F is to satisfy Jets fans who insist on having something to whine about, no matter how good the pick is.

I just don't see the morale outrage over this pick. The way the board fell was good for the Jets. They got a player with a much higher ranking in a huge position of need.

John Idzik and Rex Ryan loved Calvin Pryor. We can't let that impact what Macc does. Idzik can't hurt us anymore. Unless we let him.

Good player, makes a good case as BPA at the time. I think he will be a great asset on the defense. After having allocated so much young talent to that side of the ball and the deficiencies in the secondary right now it is not unreasonable to improve the impact of the past two years' early picks by rounding out the defense with strong young players.

That said, I hate that BPA at the time happened to be defense. It would have been nice to pick an offensive playmaker but picking offense early just to pick offense early would have been a terrible move. Who would have been a better player available at the time? Mahomes or Ross? It's not unreasonable to have considered them lower down the rank than Adams.

I think a lot of the outrage about the pick is just that we went defense again. Well, okay if you think taking BPA is not an appropriate draft paradigm for the first round.

Adams is not very good in coverage at all.  He's succeptible to post double fakes and other deep routes.  Hits hard and plays the run well. He's not that fast.  Basically a better version of Eric Smith or Calvin Pryor

What? He's pretty good in coverage, particularly around the los. He doesn't have the range of Hooker, so yes, he can get beat deep, but to say he's not good in coverage is simply untrue. I think he had 5 int and 9 pass breakups as a strong side safety and he played something like a third of his snaps over the slot. His read and reaction is top notch. His main issues have been with his tackling (which he improved his last year in college), and his speed in coverage.

Hate the pick all you want, but you obviously know very little about the player.

I give the pick a B.  He's a safe pick, and will be a good player I think.  Hes not Ed Reed but he will be a productive player with good leadership qualities and will make some big plays for us.

The B part comes from the fact that the value was in trading down (which we likely didn't get the opportunity to do).  This draft is super deep in safeties and we could have gotten great safeties later in the day and in round 2-3.  With a 6th pick you normally want to get that premium position, like a blue chip pass rusher, an LT or a QB but alas that was no longer available.

Given how many bad players we've drafted, this will buck that trend, but still I would have preferred pulling a Browns with our spot and shooting for value.

for our team a F

3 stud players taken round one in three decades

Berry- at 5 only pick higher than adams that hit in 30 years

Thomas-he was mid round and second pick for hawks

E Reed-late first rounder by a team that already had lots of talent and had recently won as well

Safety is not the way to go round one for a losing franchise

7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

for our team a F

E Reed-late first rounder by a team that already had lots of talent and had recently won as well

For a rebuilding team that has zero chance of winning now and knowing there's going to be a strong QB class next year... I'd say it's perfect. We're building for the future... he's a puzzle piece - our secondary was terrible last season. We need to rebuild that secondary and this guy has the complete package, can tackle, can play both SS AND FS, can cover big tight ends, great character/great leadership, no injuries, very consistent in college.... I don't wanna hear it from all you armchair QBs... they still need to draft a corner and an edge linebacker would be nice too. The QB class this year is trash, no sure things - not even 1 at QB... this guy Adams is a sure starter day 1. 

1 hour ago, Jetlag said:

You beat me to it. Eric Berry is another guy listed as a SS, but he's a special talent who can play all over and do just about anything. Dawkins was another one. 

So asking that same question woth those players?  Yes, I would give up a 1st rounder for a young Eric Berry or Brian Dawkins.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Glorified Eric Smith

I don't think Adams is as good as Landon Collins

Let alone those guys

You have no idea what you're talking about.  

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

We're devoid of talent because we keep picking safeties in the first round. 

taking busts 

20 minutes ago, kmnj said:

for our team a F

earl thomas > michael crabtree 

47 minutes ago, Hael said:

I give the pick a B.  He's a safe pick, and will be a good player I think.  Hes not Ed Reed but he will be a productive player with good leadership qualities and will make some big plays for us.

The B part comes from the fact that the value was in trading down (which we likely didn't get the opportunity to do).  This draft is super deep in safeties and we could have gotten great safeties later in the day and in round 2-3.  With a 6th pick you normally want to get that premium position, like a blue chip pass rusher, an LT or a QB but alas that was no longer available.

Given how many bad players we've drafted, this will buck that trend, but still I would have preferred pulling a Browns with our spot and shooting for value.

I can accept your contention that the team should have traded down as a reasonable argument why the pick was a B until you concede that the team may not have had the opportunity to trade down. If no team would bite on an offer to trade down (or the counteroffers would make it less valuable to trade down) then I don't find it fair to criticize the team for taking a solid player. In that position you either take BPA or take a pick that is further down your board in a position of need and hope the player plays up to a higher potential. IMO BPA is the better alternative.

Ok i get you want an offensive playmaker , but the bashing is too far! Every expert loves, loves loves the pick. But many here paint the picture of a calvin pryor 2.0. Am i missing something. He's better regarded than Landon Collins coming out of college and I would trade a top 10 pick for him.

They went BPA like 2 years ago.  I think he'll be a fine player.  At least he seems to be more of a sure thing than Pryor, who probably will not be resigned.

As for the Ed Reed or even Eric Weddle comparisons, let's chill a little.  I want to see this guy do it on the field in an NFL uniform first.

12 minutes ago, YouPlay2Win said:

Ok i get you want an offensive playmaker , but the bashing is too far! Every expert loves, loves loves the pick. But many here paint the picture of a calvin pryor 2.0. Am i missing something. He's better regarded than Landon Collins coming out of college and I would trade a top 10 pick for him.

This is the kind of pick teams with a strong nucleus make to give them an extra edge. In other words: a luxury pick. 

We have no QB, a mediocre O-Line, and skill position players that don't scare anyone. We can't afford to take SAFETIES WITH THE 6TH PICK IN THE FIRST F*CKING ROUND!!!!

This is one of the dumbest moves this team has ever made, and that's REALLY saying something. Those f*cktards in Florham Park screwed up. Badly. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A better thought experiment: He just needs to be better than 26 of the other first-rounders that we passed on to make this worth the pick. 

You silly f*cktard.  

You just called 72 % of the people who participated in this poll a moron/idiot.  I can't speak for the other 93 people who gave this an "A" grade.  But I think it was a great pick despite your dumb little experiment involving a game-changing pro-bowl SS.  

Can't you just be glad that our "greatly overpriced"  safety can play football and doesn't beat up hookers/do drugs? Can't you just be glad that we didn't trade UP in a sh*tty QB-draft to give away multiple picks (including a 2018 first rounder) to get a poorly graded QB? or one-year wonder? or an injury prone CB?  

8 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

A better thought experiment: He just needs to be better than 26 of the other first-rounders that we passed on to make this worth the pick. 

You silly f*cktard.  

You just called 72 % of the people who participated in this poll a moron/idiot.  I can't speak for the other 93 people who gave this an "A" grade.  But I think it was a great pick despite your dumb little experiment involving a game-changing pro-bowl SS.  

Can't you just be glad that our "greatly overpriced"  safety can play football and doesn't beat up hookers/do drugs? Can't you just be glad that we didn't trade UP in a sh*tty QB-draft to give away multiple picks (including a 2018 first rounder) to get a poorly graded QB? or one-year wonder? or an injury prone CB?  

Someone who doesn't have his head up his ass - THANK YOU!

Archived