• D-
    • F+
    • F
    • F-

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Well he's a great pick, I gave it's a B+. I'd sooner gone OJ Howard, but hell we are Tanking any way.

(Bad Mexican accsent).

"We don't need no stinking Touch Downs!"

Like i said in a previous post before the draft... i feel like taking a TE in top 10 is a curse.... I never felt right about it. 

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

A better thought experiment: He just needs to be better than 26 of the other first-rounders that we passed on to make this worth the pick. 

You silly f*cktard.  

You just called 72 % of the people who participated in this poll a moron/idiot.  I can't speak for the other 93 people who gave this an "A" grade.  But I think it was a great pick despite your dumb little experiment involving a game-changing pro-bowl SS.  

Can't you just be glad that our "greatly overpriced"  safety can play football and doesn't beat up hookers/do drugs? Can't you just be glad that we didn't trade UP in a sh*tty QB-draft to give away multiple picks (including a 2018 first rounder) to get a poorly graded QB? or one-year wonder? or an injury prone CB?  

Give me fifty words on how the New York Jets football team got better yesterday.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Give me fifty words on how the New York Jets football team got better yesterday.

He don't need to - go look at every sports site across the board declaring us winners of the draft for getting a huge steal at 6, but hey what do they ******* know right? Only every major sports/football site.... they get paid the big bucks to be average 

3 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Can't you just be glad that our "greatly overpriced"  safety can play football and doesn't beat up hookers/do drugs? Can't you just be glad that we didn't trade UP in a sh*tty QB-draft to give away multiple picks (including a 2018 first rounder) to get a poorly graded QB? or one-year wonder? or an injury prone CB?  

I can't tell you how happy I am that we didn't draft a tight end that murders people and commits suicide in his cell.

My name is Fanbase. And I'm energized.

This is the kind of pick teams with a strong nucleus make to give them an extra edge. In other words: a luxury pick. 
We have no QB, a mediocre O-Line, and skill position players that don't scare anyone. We can't afford to take SAFETIES WITH THE 6TH PICK IN THE FIRST F*CKING ROUND!!!!
This is one of the dumbest moves this team has ever made, and that's REALLY saying something. Those f*cktards in Florham Park screwed up. Badly. 

Who would you have taken there?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

He don't need to - go look at every sports site across the board declaring us winners of the draft for getting a huge steal at 6, but hey what do they ******* know right? Only every major sports/football site.... they get paid the big bucks to be average 

Are you aware of how easy it is to get a "job" writing for a football website? Consider the type of people that write for this site. Same thing. 

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

"Adams will come in and immediately offer leadership to a unit that desperately needs direction. He's an aggressive player who will improve people around him. I don't tend to buy into a pure SS or FS, as the modern game requires your safeties to do both, and that's the thing with Adams...he is capable of doing both. He's better up at the line, but he's capable in coverage too. 

Let me make one thing clear. Jamal Adams and Calvin Pryor are not the same player, not even close. Jamal Adams is 10x as talented as Calvin was coming out of college. So comparing them doesn't hold up at all."

Here, saw this. Sounds like improvement and getting better to me. 

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

I get the whole BPA philosophy... who doesnt right?

Having said that, is it even  possible to flesh out a winning NFL roster taking that approach EVERY single year?

And who's to say this regime can even accurately guage the BPA?

It was a no brainer pick like Leonard Williams .. he should not have been there. So there really was nothing to gauge..  if he doesn't pan out then everybody is wrong ..  

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

LMFAO if you are actually serious with that you need to take a break from this...those combine comparisons relate to his combine statistics and measurable and nothing else. please note how there are 10+ names on that list and also that all 10 of those players are actually 10 individuals with different types of nfl careers Jamal Adams is a better prospect than all of them he has the skills to play at either safety position...a position that is very valuable (often referred to as the quarterback of the defense) I am sorry that you did not like the pick but that doesn't mean the player is not a good pick and unless you are still a child or a pats fan I would suggest you man up accept that you didn't get your way and get over it. :)

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Are you aware of how easy it is to get a "job" writing for a football website? Consider the type of people that write for this site. Same thing. 

was talking more along the lines of Nfl.com and ESPN - but f*ck me right... you know everything because only your opinion matters - most jet fans are happy. It seems like we have a good amount of vocal miserable ones on this forum 

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Mike Williams

Deshaun Watson

You know....guys that produce points.  

Could still end of with one of the best Weapons in the draft in Cook . Kizer who is physically more gifted that Watson .. Let just see how it plays out ., 

We got the second best graded player in this draft at #6 and people are complaining? This guy is not calvin pryor, hes the total package and will be the heart and soul of our defense for years to come. This is as good of a pick as you can get at #6. He can play the run and the pass and is not a liability physically or mentally. Physical and fast, high football IQ who plays whistle to whistle, yeah let's complain about that.

Who else were we supposed to take that was still on the board? I wanted to trade down, but that wasn't happening after Trubisky and Fournette were gone. I love this pick.

A great safety can anchor your entire defense. Dawkins, Earl Thomas, Chancellor, Reed, Atwater, Lott, Polumalu, list goes. Point is you this is a great pick who can be a leader for us. I would have been complaining if we took Lattimore.

6 hours ago, thadude said:

I don't think Adams is as good as Landon Collins

Let alone those guys

You might be right I don't know anything outside of some highlight tapes and scouting reports.  My point was that if he is a Troy Polamalu or Dawkins, I would have no problem giving up the 6th for him,

10 hours ago, Bugg said:

How does this team score points? Again, might be a very good safety, but so what. You can get a servicable one later, not so with key offense slots. This franchise continues to overvalue defense and against all the evidence pretend they can get offensive talent alter in the draft or off the street. 

The winner is decided by comparing 2 scores

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

"Adams will come in and immediately offer leadership to a unit that desperately needs direction. He's an aggressive player who will improve people around him. I don't tend to buy into a pure SS or FS, as the modern game requires your safeties to do both, and that's the thing with Adams...he is capable of doing both. He's better up at the line, but he's capable in coverage too. 

Let me make one thing clear. Jamal Adams and Calvin Pryor are not the same player, not even close. Jamal Adams is 10x as talented as Calvin was coming out of college. So comparing them doesn't hold up at all."

Here, saw this. Sounds like improvement and getting better to me. 

4.56 speed covering NFL receivers-OK. Fits right in with last years's great cover OLB 1st rounder. Leadership? Right. 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A little thought experiment for you morons giving this pick an "A."

Pick the guy that you think is the best strong safety in the league. Any one. Kam Chancellor, perhaps. Now ask yourself what pick you'd trade for, say, Kam Chancellor. Would it be a second rounder? Maybe. A first? Oh, hell no. Maybe a third or a fourth, sure. Would you trade a top ten pick for Kam Chancellor? OMG that'd be nuts. So, basically, Jamal Adams has to become the best strong safety in the league and he'd still not be worth the pick. You idiots.

Does the trade include the Superbowl title that he won?

I'd certainly trade ALL our 2010 picks to take Chancellor ... as I'm sure any sane poster here would. Benefit of hindsight.

For the record - I was hoping we'd take OJ Howard, Adams a second best option (because offense). So although I love the Adams pick, I'll always be keeping a "what if ..." view. Just glad Howard went to an NFC team - will be interesting when he and Adams square off during the season.

53 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

We got the second best graded player in this draft at #6 and people are complaining? This guy is not calvin pryor, hes the total package and will be the heart and soul of our defense for years to come. This is as good of a pick as you can get at #6. He can play the run and the pass and is not a liability physically or mentally. Physical and fast, high football IQ who plays whistle to whistle, yeah let's complain about that.

Who else were we supposed to take that was still on the board? I wanted to trade down, but that wasn't happening after Trubisky and Fournette were gone. I love this pick.

A great safety can anchor your entire defense. Dawkins, Earl Thomas, Chancellor, Reed, Atwater, Lott, Polumalu, list goes. Point is you this is a great pick who can be a leader for us. I would have been complaining if we took Lattimore.

It isn't about whether he's a good player or not. He can be Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, and Sean Taylor rolled into one. It's still a terrible pick considering the current state of this roster. The defense is littered with first round picks. The offense has none, and as a result, isn't a threat to anyone. We can't afford to take safeties with a top 10 pick.

Yesterday was as disastrous as it could possibly get.

2 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

rotflmao

Archived