• C-
    • D+
    • D
    • D-
    • F+
    • F
    • F-

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Over the last 2 years, these are the teams that have allowed the most TD's to TE's:

1) Browns:  23

2) Dolphins 20

3) Jets:  19

Panthers:  19

5) Lions:  17

6) Giants:  16

Back to back 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder spent to stop TE's, and we still can't do it. 

#JetUp

You can't use those numbers for at least 1 more year. How do you know we won't give up any TE TDs in 2018, while 15 other teams surrender at least 5 over the same span, making us one of the stronger TE defenders over the past 3 years? You don't. So you can't say we suck, ****face.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

You can't use those numbers for at least 1 more year. How do you know we won't give up any TE TDs in 2018, while 15 other teams surrender at least 5 over the same span, making us one of the stronger TE defenders over the past 3 years? You don't. So you can't say we suck, ****face.

^^^ Quoted from the "State of JN Address" by Phil, circa 2017. 

229 players had interceptions this year. Jamal Adams was not one of them. 28 rookies had interceptions this year. Jamal Adams was not one of them. 5 rookie linebackers had interceptions this year. Jamal Adams was not one of them. 1 rookie DT had an interception. Jamal Adams was not one of them.

Just because Jamal Adams didn't look terrible doesn't mean he was great. I'd give him a C+ or B-. Almost zero impact plays for a guy who was drafted in the top 6 is not what you expect picking him where he was picked.

6 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

229 players had interceptions this year. Jamal Adams was not one of them. 28 rookies had interceptions this year. Jamal Adams was not one of them. 5 rookie linebackers had interceptions this year. Jamal Adams was not one of them. 1 rookie DT had an interception. Jamal Adams was not one of them.

Just because Jamal Adams didn't look terrible doesn't mean he was great. I'd give him a C+ or B-. Almost zero impact plays for a guy who was drafted in the top 6 is not what you expect picking him where he was picked.

Less passes defended and interceptions than kony Ealy.

On more pass defended and one less interception than Mo wilk.

He's a strong safety, which if you're not aware, is used primarily for run support and coming after the QB on some blitz packages. If he were a free safety, would be different. Know your football. As far as stopping the run and providing leadership on and off the field - he succeeded.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He's a strong safety, which if you're not aware, is used primarily for run support and coming after the QB on some blitz packages. If he were a free safety, would be different. Know your football. As far as stopping the run and providing leadership on and off the field - he succeeded.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I read this post as “A quarterback’s job, if you’re not aware, is to hand the ball off to the running back the majority of the time. Know your football. As far as giving Matt Forte and Bilal Powell the opportunity to make plays, Bryce Petty succeeded.”

Also, be sure to let Eric Berry know how SS is played. He, apparently, has been doing it all wrong by intercepting passes.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, Beerfish said:

My comments from this thread have not changed.

Bills have what looks like a #1 CB in TreDavious White, an extra 1st rounder this year a 3rd they used to trade up last year to get a WR.

We got a in the box SS, one year after drafting a small fast LB to do the same thing.

Hey Adams will be a player for a number of years and has some good attrubutes but unless he starts creating a lot of turnovers taking a box SS at 6 is still stupid.

Well if he plays 12 years and creates 2 TO’s a season he’ll have 24 in his career. Of course they’ll be mostly fumbles since he can’t cover a boo boo with a bandaid. Deshaun Watson - Tredavious White- Malik Hooker - that is all. 

21 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well you could say we’re half way in the assessment to suck. **** it, I’ll say it, WE SUCK.

6 minutes ago, BigO said:

Well you could say we’re half way in the assessment to suck. **** it, I’ll say it, WE SUCK.

Pessimists like you make me sick. You need to be more optimistic (like I am).

Being in denial, and cheering on extensions for the 2 people most responsible for back-to-back 5-win seasons? That's what defines being a good fan. It's the bad fans that demand better and roll their eyes at insignificant and worthless moral victories, accepting the repetition of any past, fortunate luck as a sound plan of action.

So you're the one who sucks. ZING!

21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Pessimists like you make me sick. You need to be more optimistic (like I am).

Being in denial, and cheering on extensions for the 2 people most responsible for back-to-back 5-win seasons? That's what defines being a good fan. It's the bad fans that demand better and roll their eyes at insignificant and worthless moral victories.

So you're the one who sucks. ZING!

Oh yea take this and that and this

What I’d do if I ever saw Mac and Cheese walking down the street. ZAP KAPOW

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Over the last 2 years, these are the teams that have allowed the most TD's to TE's:

1) Browns:  23

2) Dolphins 20

3) Jets:  19

Panthers:  19

5) Lions:  17

6) Giants:  16

Back to back 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder spent to stop TE's, and we still can't do it. 

#JetUp

Yeah but how many were only 1 yard?  Those don’t count,I’ve heard. 

On 1/10/2018 at 3:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Last season, we were # 21 in the league in pass defense by yardage, # 22 in pass defense by DVOA, and allowed 30 pass TD's, with only the Giants (32) allowing more. 

Oh, and we also allowed the t-4th most TD's to Tight Ends (9), which is what safeties are supposed to help stop. 

What are you talking about?

Yeah but the effort, bro.  The effort.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:51 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Ah that's right.  The old "You can't judge a draft class for 3 years" tripe.  

It’s weird, the 2015 draft is just as sh*tty today as it was the day after the draft was over.  It’s Leo and nothing else and even he’s not what we thought he was. 

12 hours ago, JiF said:

It’s weird, the 2015 draft is just as sh*tty today as it was the day after the draft was over.  It’s Leo and nothing else and even he’s not what we thought he was. 

And Vic Beasley would have been the wayyyyy better pick.  Granted, I was happy with Williams at the time, but I'm not supposed to be a former scout, highly regarded personnel guy, or have one of the 32 most important positions in the world in my sport. 

Some foresight and balls out of our GM would be nice, one of these days.  For once, maybe we'll have a GM that makes picks that are pleasant surprises rather than ones we know will fail as soon as they're made.  Or even picks we think are good at the time but also fail. 

The BEST picks Macc have made in his tenure have been a few "safe picks".  The rest have either been "meh" picks, or ones that makes you want to blow up whatever TV you're watching.  

On 1/12/2018 at 9:23 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

The BEST picks Macc have made in his tenure have been a few "safe picks".  The rest have either been "meh" picks, or ones that makes you want to blow up whatever TV you're watching.  

To be fair after the way Rex left this team we kind of needed safe picks. How many top draft picks were complete duds under Rex? The only WTF pick Macc has really had so far is Hack but generally speaking you are going to sacrifice drafting a starter by selecting a QB, usually it costs you more than 1 starter.

If we’re redrafting, White, Watson, Lattimore, Kamara, and Hunt are all superior picks. Hooker was looking ed reed esque before his injury, Adams was solid but needs to step his game up

You have to throw the rbs out of the equation because clearly you can find them later rounds . Hooker was on play but he’s a pure centerfielder with injuries concerns. Jamal Adams is versatile , natural leader and had no red flags . Obviously his play could have been better this past season. So basically it comes down to not drafting Watson. Watson had a great game tape and experience , not sure what they didn’t like about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Sully80 said:

If we’re redrafting, White, Watson, Lattimore, Kamara, and Hunt are all superior picks. Hooker was looking ed reed esque before his injury, Adams was solid but needs to step his game up

Problem is that is Adams’ game he was never a great cover guy at LSU.  His strength  is in run support

9 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

To be fair after the way Rex left this team we kind of needed safe picks. How many top draft picks were complete duds under Rex? The only WTF pick Macc has really had so far is Hack but generally speaking you are going to sacrifice drafting a starter by selecting a QB, usually it costs you more than 1 starter.

And the top draft picks since Rex have been mostly duds.  

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

And the top draft picks since Rex have been mostly duds.  

I'm not sure I'd call Leo a dud, Smith was the right type of player we needed (big arm to take advantage of Geno's arm) but injuries hit. I wouldn't compare Smith to Milliner because Milliner was injury prone when we drafted him, Smith wasn't. Lee has certainly been a dud but at 2 years in the league I don't expect him to be a finished product. He was also the right type of player (fastest LB in the draft) our LBs had been notoriously slow. Hack like I said is the one wtf pick but again you expect to miss on a starting caliber player when taking a swing at QB so I can sort of live with that miss. That leaves Adams and Maye who were rookies.

Archived