• C
    • C-
    • D+
    • D
    • D-
    • F+
    • F
    • F-

Per ProFootballReference's approximate value stat, here's how he did compared to other 1st round picks

1. Ryan Ramczyk T NO 10

2. Christian McCaffrey RB CAR 9

3. Marshon Lattimore CB NO/Leonard Fournette RB JAX 8

4. Jamal Adams S NYJ/DeShaun Watson QB HOU/Jarrad Davis LB DET/Mitch Trubisky QB CHI 7

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Per ProFootballReference's approximate value stat, here's how he did compared to other 1st round picks

1. Ryan Ramczyk T NO 10

2. Christian McCaffrey RB CAR 9

3. Marshon Lattimore CB NO/Leonard Fournette RB JAX 8

4. Jamal Adams S NYJ/DeShaun Watson QB HOU/Jarrad Davis LB DET/Mitch Trubisky QB CHI 7

I'd rather have Watson or Trubisky.

We have been through this before.  Adams (and Williams in 2015) were decent draft picks.  They were the conservative "I don't want to have a bust in the First Round" Draft Picks.  

Lattimore was the better talent there, and at a more high-value position.  The Scouts could not get over the injuries and Milliner Syndrome.  

I think the perception was that Beasley was not a fit in the 3-4, but why hold on to the three DTs for 3 years, I don't know.

Neither pick was really used to transform the Jets and acquire the impact player that the Jets needed.

If Mahomes or Watson turn out to be real, durable FQBs, that is another issue.  Mahomes could, and we will soon find out.

Archived