• CB Teez Tabor Florida
    • CB Cordrea Tankersley Clemson
    • CB Fabien Moreau UCLA
    • S Budda Baker Washington
    • S Marcus Williams Utah
    • S Josh Jones NC St
    • S Obi Melifonwu UCONN

7 hours ago, Powpow said:

6 players before we pick. Packers, Hawks, Jags, Bears, Rams, Chargers, and then Jets. Available players:

Cook, Robinson, Willis, Cunningham, King, Lamp, Melifonwu, Wilson, Awuzie, Williams, Rivers, Kizer, Baker, Schuster, Zay Jones, Dawkins, Bowser, Samuel. 

Who are the teams before us taking and what's our pick?????

Packers Mixon, Seahawks Obi Melifonu, Jaguars Lamp, or Robinson, Bears King, or Awuzie, Rams Jones, or Samuel, Chargers either Lamp, Robinson, Baker, King, or Awuzie whoever is available, or someone similar.

So without someone trading up in front of the Jets Dalvin Cook will be sitting there for them, and if he is, and they don't pick him then all you guys can get the pitch forks ready justifiably this time.

Hell I'd even call the Packers and offer our 3rd comp to swap picks just to make sure we get him.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, j4jets said:

How about an effing trade down? ****, just trade down 3 spots and pick up a day 3 pick. Mac does not know what trade down mean. 

you realize to trade down you need takers you don't just say oh well Ill just trade down and it miraculously happens

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Packers Mixon, Seahawks Obi Melifonu, Jaguars Lamp, or Robinson, Bears King, or Awuzie, Rams Jones, or Samuel, Chargers either Lamp, Robinson, Baker, King, or Awuzie whoever is available, or someone similar.

So without someone trading up in front of the Jets Dalvin Cook will be sitting there for them, and if he is, and they don't pick him then all you guys can get the pitch forks ready justifiably this time.

Hell I'd even call the Packers and offer our 3rd comp to swap picks just to make sure we get him.

You do know he's had 3 shoulder surgeries correct? NFL RBs take a beating, I get it that the guy is special but RBs barely get 4 years coming in healthy?

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

You do know he's had 3 shoulder surgeries correct? NFL RBs take a beating, I get it that the guy is special but RBs barely get 4 years coming in healthy?

All the kid has ever done is suit up, and put up 200 yards against everyone he plays, he is a football player period.

As much as the talent of  Cook is incredibly attractive I would be shocked to see Mac do a 180 and take a low character player with multiple shoulder injuries. 

I would also be surprised to see us take an OL as Mac seems to prefer to draft them in the later rounds. I wouldn't be shocked to see us grab Wilson or King and fix the secondary for the time being.

Tim Williams is a possibility as a pure pass rushing presence. We don't have anyone who brings speed around the edge. Whoever it is the Jets have a lot of quality options to choose from, lets hope they pick another solid football player that fits into the type of culture they are trying to build here.

I like Willis from KSU. (thinking GB takes him unfortunately). If he's not there either Trey Hendrickson or Derek Rivers. Just want a pass rusher. I dont think this Jets regime looks at the small school guys this early though unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

As much as the talent of  Cook is incredibly attractive I would be shocked to see Mac do a 180 and take a low character player with multiple shoulder injuries. 

I would also be surprised to see us take an OL as Mac seems to prefer to draft them in the later rounds. I wouldn't be shocked to see us grab Wilson or King and fix the secondary for the time being.

Tim Williams is a possibility as a pure pass rushing presence. We don't have anyone who brings speed around the edge. Whoever it is the Jets have a lot of quality options to choose from, lets hope they pick another solid football player that fits into the type of culture they are trying to build here.

Lol so he won't take a low character guy in cook but he will take one in Tim Williams ?

3 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

Cook has done a hack of a job playing injured. So much you would never known he was banged up.

Tim Williams is turning 25. Would have no problem taking him in the 3rd but how much upside does he have at that age along with the character concerns to take in the high 2nd rounds?

Both he and Robinson have prominent character concerns. We're just finding out about Cook's just recently.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Honestly would rather wait for someone like Marlon Mack than taking Cook. Both have fumbling issues...think there's more value with the pass rusher in the 2nd.

If the Jets could land Willis in the 2nd, and get a Kamara or Foreman in the 3rd, that would be a nice haul. 

Everyone is acting like we're going to draft someone who's actually projected to go in the high second... Lolz.

My guess is we end up with someone who at least half the fanbase (myself certainly included) will have to google.

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

It's gonna' be defense.

..if tim williams is still on the board,... yes. if he's not there..it'll be  adam shaheen, cam robinson or dalvin cook     :wub:

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

9 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

trade out. 

This is option A, imo.

At some point you have to say, "all these guys are ranked similarly, we should get extra picks and add more of them" and make the move down. I understand snapping up Adams at #6, when most folks thought he'd be gone. But now, we're into that territory where teams are going to want to fill specific holes and the Jets should be sellers of that early R2 pick.

Ideally, we move back in R2 - still end up with one of the better CBs or TEs, then with maybe an extra 3rd rounder we can get back to BPA and really milk this drafts depth for all it's worth.

So, let's say we trade back in R2 - and pick up an extra 3rd.

R2 Sidney Jones CB (or a similarly ranked CB)

R3 Nathan Peterman QB

R3 Jordan Leggett TE

R3 Pat Elflein C

R5 the best RB available

Nah... probably makes too much sense to improve this much in one draft.

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

I think Dalvin Cook needs to be the pick. Gotta start building that offense.

No thanks...

NFL teams will be interested in his medical checks, though, because of the hamstring issues he had throughout the 2015 season and the three shoulder surgeries he's had since high school. Cook tore his rotator cuff in high school, then tore the front part of his labrum in 2014, and the back part of the labrum in 2016. He's also had run-ins with the law, starting in high school (robbery in 2009, charges dropped; firing and possessing a weapon on school property in 2010, charges drooped) and then again in 2015, where he was charged with misdemeanor battery outside a bar (found not guilty).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/dalvin-cook?id=2557991

One area that's quite different: Fumbles. 

An average NFL running back fumbles once every 100 carries. Rich Tandler researched an incredible stat about the two players:

Cook averages one fumble every 63 carries. 

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/one-significant-stat-separates-christian-mccaffrey-dalvin-cook

I wouldnt mind Kevin King at all. I know people dont want us going secondary/defense again but the fact is that the secondary needs to be rebuilt. It's a problem. King is one of the best CB's still on the board in a deep CB draft class. 

Other guys I like are  OL Forrest Lamp, and OL Cam Robinson.

EDIT- I forgot Tre'Davius White was off the board. He was the guy I really was hoping would be there for the Jets in round 2.

3 minutes ago, jbt said:

might be hard to trade down with the 7th pick.  any team that wants to trade up will probably go up higher in the round.  think we are in a bad spot.  but if he can please do it

Maybe somebody will want Webb or Kizer

56 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes but would it be bad JuJu if the Jets drafted Juju

Yeah, but the fear is that some other team goes HaHa if we pass on him.

The Beauty Of Knowing Nothing About College Football:

1.  One less aggravating Jets experience each Spring.
2.  You can concentrate on the important things like mannerisms and names.

SAR I

Archived