safety is not how u build a team

kmnj

we all know today is an offense dominated league but lets examine past three decades as well

in round one since since 1990 -only true impact players at the position

thomas for the hawks-he was their second pick round one-first was a tackle

reed for the ravens-towards end of round one

berry for the chiefs -fifth pick

pretty much on avg a player a decade is a hit at safety round one and only one was picked higher than Adams in berry

He will be a good player but three decades of history show safety is not where you go round one especially when you have one pick and your team has a dreadful offense

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we all know today is an offense dominated league but lets examine past three decades as well
pretty much on avg a player a decade is a hit at safety round one and only one was picked higher than Adams in berry
He will be a good player but three decades of history show safety is not where you go round one especially when you have one pick and your team has a dreadful offense

Guess what? There was no qb, edge rusher or tackle that had value at #6....BPA at a spot of need and that was Adam. This is the correct way to build

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

the experts who get paid for this sh*t disagree with you highly. 

It's almost like....

Screenshot_20170428-015725.png

The people b*tching...

Screenshot_20170428-020127.png

Are completely wrong...

Screenshot_20170428-020146.png

And have no business talking about this type of thing...

Screenshot_20170428-020159.png

Weird ????.

The hilarious part of tonight is there are some people here who sh*t on the Bears for doing something (really) stupid, yet were screaming for us to basically do the same f*cking thing all week.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

What offensive player did you want them to select there? Let's assume trading down wasn't an option.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What offensive player did you want them to select there? Let's assume trading down wasn't an option.

Mahomes. Draft a qb. Andy Reid is jizzing himself right now having Favre flashbacks now that he has Mahomes. We drafted a strong safety ending Pryor's career here at the Jets, while having massive holes at cb. If you draft a safety, you draft Hooker their to give much needed help to whatever crap we're playing at corner this year. It's a perfect tank pick though, cause right now he won't do much to improve the team. Our run defense got stronger but we'll be absolutely shredded in the pass.

Edit: Btw, Adams isn't the consensus best safety in the draft. Just going on NFL.com and checking their grades puts Hooker at a 6.7 above Adams 6.6. Hooker is the most talented safety in the draft. His speed is freakish. He's Ed Reed 2.0 assuming he doesn't hurt himself with that injury history. You have to coach up his tackling but considering he hasn't been playing football for that long, a good coaching staff should have no problems developing him.

Want to hear something funny? I'm using Tapatalk to read this thread, and the advert at the top of the page is for organic cotton tampons.

I think quite a few posters here could do with some ... "Be kinder to your vagina"

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Want to hear something funny? I'm using Tapatalk to read this thread, and the advert at the top of the page is for organic cotton tampons.

I think quite a few posters here could do with some ... "Be kinder to your vagina"

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

The ads are personalized based on search criteria. I agree with your overall thought. Just letting you know, lol.

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

U don't no futbawl!

The best part of all of this is that we will not get one of the QB's in next year's draft, book that. Book it.

AND

Those of us still here will get to hear the Gospel of No Weaponz from those adherents to the Cult of Hack, much akin to the walking nightmare that was the endless round rubber room stroll to which we agnostics were subjected to by those in the Cult of Sanchez of The White Jeans.

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

The Jets are not playing fantasy football!

Again, JA is a very exciting kid and has many of the attributes of a very good player.
Yet ,without a franchise QB you got a body without a head.
Three teams traded up to get a QB and we had the opportunity to get the best of them (imho) Watson. I see shades of passing on another QB many years ago, by the name of Marino,hope I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Again, JA is a very exciting kid and has many of the attributes of a very good player.
Yet ,without a franchise QB you got a body without a head.
Three teams traded up to get a QB and we had the opportunity to get the best of them (imho) Watson. I see shades of passing on another QB many years ago, by the name of Marino,hope I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kizer is the best Qb in this draft I hope he falls to us 

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

Kizer is the best Qb in this draft I hope he falls to us 

Kizer is terrible. At this point take Peterman in the third (assuming Mac decides to actually pay attention to the offense a little) or Chad Kelly tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Only guy I would have been ok with there besides Adams was Mahomes, maybe MacCaffery.  Super excited about adding Adams, not just for his play, but for everything else he brings to this team, leadership, and the way he will command the defense, he is being compared to Dawkins, and Ray Lewis for the type of Alpha Dog they were that just fired up every other player, and brought those guys play up to another level.  IF this is true, and I believe it is the Jets got a corner stone to anchor a defense for a long time.

Now since you went all safe with character in the 1st time to gamble on character in the 2nd for a BIG time talent on offense in Cook, get that done, and the Jets walk away with top 5 offensive player, and top 5 defensive player in this draft talent wise.

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Kizer is terrible. At this point take Peterman in the third (assuming Mac decides to actually pay attention to the offense a little) or Chad Kelly tomorrow.

Just punt at QB at this point, there will be 5 guys taken in the 1st next year, and about 5 decent FA QB's, see what Hack has go from there.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Just punt at QB at this point, there will be 5 guys taken in the 1st next year, and about 5 decent FA QB's, see what Hack has go from there.

Maybe they like Hack more than they're letting on. I don't know. 

A goddamned safety at #6.  Horrible.

Kizer is literally the last person I want in the entire draft.  He wasnt even good enough to lead his college team.

I would be happy with Cook or Lamp at this point, as both are likely BPA.  Peterman would be a dream in the 3rd.

36 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I would never take peterman over kizer .  Kizer has potenial franchise QB tools . Peterman is a game manager at best tools .  Chad Kelly will be lucky to be drafted in day 3. he def won't be going in the third .

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Ur insane .. I would never take peterman over kizer .  Kizer has potenial franchise QB tools . Peterman is a game manager at best tools .  Chad Kelly will be lucky to be drafted in day 3. he def won't be going in the third .

I wasn't saying to take Chad Kelly in the third round. I said tomorrow.  Day 3.

And Kizer has bust written all over him. 

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I wasn't saying to take Chad Kelly in the third round. I said tomorrow.  Day 3.

And Kizer has bust written all over him. 

That's your opinion and he could very well be.  He still  a way better prospect than petermen.. I would just pass on QB all together cause there's players I like ahead of Kizer and the rest of the crop outside Webb . Don't have starter potential .

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

That's your opinion and he could very well be.  He still  a way better prospect than petermen.. I would just pass on QB all together cause there's players I like ahead of Kizer and the rest of the crop outside Webb . Don't have starter potential .

I'd take a flyer on Kelly late tomorrow. Otherwise I agree. The only QB that truly excited me this year was Mahomes, and we sh!t the bed on that one yesterday.

Archived