If they are both avail- Kizer or Cook?

Dcronin

The last several years, the Jets have drafted players that have come in for official visits, at least in the first two rounds.  In addition to that, we have gone defense, offense, defense in every draft since 2011 with Winters being the only exception.

If these trends continue today, it will be Godwin.  If they feel they need to go corner because of value, it will be King.

That said, if somehow both GB and Seattle both pass on Cam Robinson, how do we pass on him?

2 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

How do you know that, or why do you think that?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They have talked about high character players.  mixon was totally off their board, Cook has enough run ins and a few injuries that I think he is not even being considered.  Hey, I want cook, he is one of my fav players in the draft, if the jets have the balls to pick him I'd be super happy.  This team has had to deal with a guy like shel rich and I think they are not going to draft anyone they deem a risk, no matter what the talent level.

We shall see maybe they ill surprise me.

I hope they stay away from Kizer/Webb, our roster is already has it's quota of mediocre qb talent.  

I doubt Cook lasts until 7 in the second round...the Jets are squeaky clean, I expect them to pass on Cook if he falls to 7.

I don't see either.

Mac took a chance on Hack last year because he thought, wrongly, that the Jets would be competitive in 2016. 

I don't see them drafting another developmental QB in the second round.  I don't see them drafting a injured RB with bad choice of friends in the second round.   Maybe later rounds.

In the second round, there are high character high value players available that fill needs.   I can see them looking at Jordan Willis or Godwin in the second-those are high value positions.  Third round take a corner (those are really second round picks in another draft) or TE.

RB and C could potentially wait this year since we do have functional players at those positions.

2 minutes ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

so do we go Mixon " major character issue guy -  but has a running style like Mashawn and a field vision like Emmit"

I'd take Mixon, the Jets won't, but also believe the Packers are willing to pick Mixon from what I've read, again just speculation rumors, but sometimes smoke fire.

Cook would be great, but I agree with Beer that he doesnt seem like he has the character that Mac wants.

It wont be sexy, and he might not even have a spot as a starter in 2017, but Forest Lamp would be the type of pick that eventually makes your O line into a true force.  If he can play center, guard or tackle, draft him and figure out the details later.

10 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Cook would be great, but I agree with Beer that he doesnt seem like he has the character that Mac wants.

It wont be sexy, and he might not even have a spot as a starter in 2017, but Forest Lamp would be the type of pick that eventually makes your O line into a true force.  If he can play center, guard or tackle, draft him and figure out the details later.

While Mac may not like the character issues we know that he's all about the Best Player Available strategy and if Cook is there in the 2nd when we pick he will most likely be BPA for a side of the ball that can desperately use his speed, vision, and overall talent.  Playmaker.  

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The jets will not draft cook under any circumstance he is probably not even on their draft board.  They will trade down imo.  If they take some one like Davis Webb I'll have a melt down.

If you guys wanna live look at an existential meltdown, peep me if we take Webb.

Forrest Lamp if he's on the board.

Jordan Willis, Ryan Anderson and Tyus Bowser if they go pass rush.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see another DB...Budda Baker, Marcus Williams, Kevin King, Quincy Wilson, Cordrea Tankersly.

Dalvin Cook is a home run at this spot.

Ethan Pocic is also in play.

Archived