Who would you have taken at 6, if not Adams ?

DetroitRed

The only other option except Adams would be a block buster trade down.

There was NO player available at 6 that had anywhere near Adams value.

The O player that everyone was mocking to the Jets was Howard.  Where did he go?  19?  Didn't matter who the Jets selected, people were going to cry, just because

Nobody.  I never was happy with having the 6th pick as I felt we weren't going to be able to execute a trade down from there.  But I'm happy the draft fell the way it did for us.  I have a feeling its going to continue to fall in our favor and at the end of the weekend the Jets will be looked at as one of the best teams from this years draft.

Just now, JiF said:

Watson is the only player I would have taken there instead of Adams. 

I think you could make an argument for Howard.  Maybe Williams but ultimately I think Adams is 10x the prospect. 

I thought about Howard too but someone made a comment yesterday that totally sold me on not taking him.  Yes he will be good but great TEs are only great b/c of their QBs.  Without a really good/great QB someone like Howard could have been a wasted pick as far as impact goes.  Adams doesn't need to rely on another position for him to be dominant at his.

I would have traded down and please stop with the nobody wanted to trade up -there were trades made in the first round and the irony is if adams is such a stud there would have been plenty of suitors for him

I think he will be a good player for us but one player a year of substance is a lifetime of misery.

Now you could say more picks to a bad gm is not helpful and I would say hmmm u got a point lol

they were in a bad spot for trading down once Trubisky went 2.  Reports are that other teams in the top 10 were trying to trade down too but there were no takers. just bad luck as usual.  so it would of been nice to move down but if no one wants that pick you have no choice.

so i am happy with the pick there assuming they couldn't trade down

Archived