This Site...

DMan77

13 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Fans on this site are not Johnny Come Lately's. We've literally seen it all. We know a fraud when we see one (Rex), we know dumb when we see it (Bowles) and we know incompetence when we see it (Maccagnan). 

In other words, we are reality. 

delete

13 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Fans on this site are not Johnny Come Lately's. We've literally seen it all. We know a fraud when we see one (Rex), we know dumb when we see it (Bowles) and we know incompetence when we see it (Maccagnan). 

In other words, we are reality. 

multi post

12 minutes ago, Edgy said:

Because

1) NFL teams that constantly thrash coaching and management stink more than ones that don't.

2) Owners of teams are in the business of making money - and so when your fan base is whining and birching, you're more likely to thrash your coaching and management.

Ergo, birching makes the Jets suck more.

I. What.

Not sure why folks are surprised to see very divergent and passionate opinions (many of them negative)  about their favorite team here,  especially since the team has a long history of mediocrity and questionable management and coaching decisions.The organization over a long period of time has jaded the fan base, and the result is a perpetual lack of confidence in the shiny new GM and coach, no matter who they are. It's up to the organization to change that by creating and sustaining a winning culture in the front office and on the field and change the perception of a bumbling and stumbling franchise that cant get out of its own way more times than not. 

And by the way, passionate fans bitch and moan.  They talk about their team a lot.  They do these things because they love their team.  I'll take that any day over an apathetic fan base that doesn't give a crap. 

The biggest issue your noting is this site is based more on agenda than anything. Many of the most negative Mac posters happened to be big Idzik supporters at some point, and while many of them begrudgingly realized Idzik failed, they were very high on him and extremely complimentary. When their guy got fired, they were going to hate the next GM no matter what he did. I'm not high on Mac at all, but I still say this idiotic power structure our idiot owner put in place makes it impossible to know who is calling what shots, and what the idiot owners instructions were from day 1 and beyond.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

The biggest issue your noting is this site is based more on agenda than anything. Many of the most negative Mac posters happened to be big Idzik supporters at some point, and while many of them begrudgingly realized Idzik failed, they were very high on him and extremely complimentary. When their guy got fired, they were going to hate the next GM no matter what he did. I'm not high on Mac at all, but I still say this idiotic power structure our idiot owner put in place makes it impossible to know who is calling what shots, and what the idiot owners instructions were from day 1 and beyond.

huh

26 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Did you watch any games last season? 

Quite a few.  Yes the secondary sucked, but I don't recall any of those games ending with the feeling, if only we got better safety play, we'd be a contender.

Trust in a team and in the organization, coaches gms etc is like having a bank account,  Good will, proven good moves and results are like depositing funds in the account.  Poor performance, proven poor results and bad moves are like taking money out of the account.  A team like the pats have built up so much capital that no matter what they due they are trusted and cheered on by their fans.

The Jets over time have had some good years and added money to the bank, the early rex years, Tanny and rex got a few years of trust and good will capital after they had started to perform poorly.  This regime built up some good will their 1st year but the gm made some bad moves the 1st year and some bad ones the 3nd year. 

On the whole the Jets organization has been in big overdraft of this trust capital for years.  For that reason they are going to be critiqued and taken to task for each and every move.  The past experience has shown us that the jets front offices make bad moves far more often than good ones.  It's only reasonable not to have blind trust.

As for the whole positive or negative fans bit?  The negative fans that stick around year after year are as good if not better than the blanket, lets all assume they are doing great things.  Some of these fans clap like trained seals.

Once the Jets prove over a two or three year period that they can make consistent good moves the fans will look show some trust.  Its up to them to prove it.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Trust in a team and in the organization, coaches gms etc is like having a bank account,  Good will, proven good moves and results are like depositing funds in the account.  Poor performance, proven poor results and bad moves are like taking money out of the account.  A team like the pats have built up so much capital that no matter what they due they are trusted and cheered on by their fans.

The Jets over time have had some good years and added money to the bank, the early rex years, Tanny and rex got a few years of trust and good will capital after they had started to perform poorly.  This regime built up some good will their 1st year but the gm made some bad moves the 1st year and some bad ones the 3nd year. 

On the whole the Jets organization has been in big overdraft of this trust capital for years.  For that reason they are going to be critiqued and taken to task for each and every move.  The past experience has shown us that the jets front offices make bad moves far more often than good ones.  It's only reasonable not to have blind trust.

As for the whole positive or negative fans bit?  The negative fans that stick around year after year are as good if not better than the blanket, lets all assume they are doing great things.  Some of these fans clap like trained seals.

Once the Jets prove over a two or three year period that they can make consistent good moves the fans will look show some trust.  Its up to them to prove it.

Like many, I was always taught trust is something earned not simply given.

What we see is an NFL    that features winning teams  exploding offense. The  rules  by the book and how they get enforced beg you to pass. And a franchise year after overvalues defense and undervalue offense in the draft. The jets are beeper salesmen in an iphone world. Adams may be a very good safety, but really that is not  a position that matters much. You can get something close or at least satisfactory and sufficient and spend those picks  on key offense skill slots or the OL. He is not a shut down cover, nor a beast LB nor an edge pass rusher; personally would have preferred offense but you could see picking one of those defense slots.. If he was any of those things, different story. Simply  to keep picking defense in these circumstances under this NFL is idiocy. 

39 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Agenda, rofl.

Says the guy who created 10+ different accounts here just to fulfill his own agenda of bashing specific players/coaches he didn't like. Nothing wrong with any fan liking or finding fault with anyone associated with the team, but get yourself a mirror.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Agenda, rofl.

Says the guy who created 10+ different accounts here just to fulfill his own agenda of bashing specific players/coaches he didn't like. Nothing wrong with any fan liking or finding fault with anyone associated with the team, but get yourself a mirror.

Huh

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Agenda, rofl.

You seem particularly angry lately, everything ok? Your fighting with a lot of posters. Hope all is well with you, your a good guy.

doesn't really matter what fans think- most other years the consensus draft grades have been positive and look what we have to show for it. there's definitely an inferiority complex with a lot of jets fans too but that's what years of consistent disappointment will do

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

doesn't really matter what fans think- most other years the consensus draft grades have been positive and look what we have to show for it. there's definitely an inferiority complex with a lot of jets fans too but that's what years of consistent disappointment will do

This is a great point, I remember when the majority of this site needed shoulder surgery from all the self reach around when we picked Geno in the second round, and look how that turned out.

On 4/28/2017 at 11:32 PM, DMan77 said:

"...But man, where is the hope? I know we've been through a lot. I know some of you have been fans for 40 years... But just try and hold on. Try and see the best sides of things. It's worth the effort...

Just hang on guys. "

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

This is a great point, I remember when the majority of this site needed shoulder surgery from all the self reach around when we picked Geno in the second round, and look how that turned out.

at least sheldon and winters came out of that draft- out of 8 picks in 2012 demario davis was the only player that played their whole rookie contract

20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not "fighting" with posters. I think Maccagnan is a bad GM; nothing new.

Ok, cool. Just wanted to make sure all was good with you, you just seem a lot more ornery than usual. I worry about you, glad all is good in spermland.

I don't believe this team has to go into a full rebuild. In some positions like Dbs there is a rebuild and it was needed. Coming into 2016 this was supposed to be a team strength but it's not. If the Jets only win 5 or 6 games there will be a lot of pressure for a regime change. I'm not sure if Mac or Bowles could survive it. So you have to aim higher and hopefully we'll be competitive. Of course some of our fan base don't want us to be. 

New York Jets: B+

Top needs: Quarterback, offensive tackle, tight end

New York didn't address its top two needs -- QB and OT -- with this class, but here's why I'm not faulting the strategy: The Jets clearly went best-player-available throughout the class, and they didn't reach. That's hugely important for a team with one of the worst all-around rosters in the league. So while I don't think their quarterback of the future is on their roster, I can't knock not seeing the value in taking a developmental signal-caller when Christian Hackenberg is already that guy. And in one of the worst offensive line classes in recent history, they didn't try to get a raw prospect in the middle rounds. They stuck to their board, and I can respect that.

Jamal Adams is simply a fantastic player and value at No. 6 overall, and Marcus Maye at the top of the second round is right where I thought he'd go. This puts the roster spots of Calvin Pryor and Marcus Gilchrist in tenuous positions, but New York is at least willing to see its flaws and try to correct them. Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen and Jordan Leggett all should help the passing game -- and whoever's throwing them the ball. Leggett, in particular, could be a starter when the season begins.

Credit general manager Mike Maccagnan, too, for trading down and acquiring extra picks four times, and picking up an extra fifth-round pick in 2018. He knows the roster's deficient, and this isn't a one-year fix.

Kiper is annoying but this is pretty spot on. We took the best players available and they were all at positions of need.

Solid draft, plain and simple.

this is an additonal 3 year rebuild, the mistake by the rookie gm and rookie coach was thnking they could rebuild and compete, they cannot.

they are both learning on the job, hoping for a challenge to the division in 2020

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Like many, I was always taught trust is something earned not simply given.

I was taught that respect is earned, not given.  I have trust issues since i was a child because oatmeal raisin cookies look so much like chocolate chip cookies...

21 hours ago, JiF said:

He's a good player.  I wouldnt have thought he was a high 2nd round pick.  Certainly wouldnt have thought he'd go before Quincy Wilson or Teez Tabor out of the Gators secondary.  He's seems very redundant to what the Jets currently have in Pryor and Miles, just probably a little faster.  Maybe he's a little more dynamic than those guys, more a playmaker but I dont know never would have expected that pick.  I could rationalize and say, ok, maybe he's the Deon Bucannon/Deion Jones but then why Darron Lee?  

I dont know man.  Let me put it this way, I think he breaks the streak of 2nd round busts but he's certainly not the pick I would have made.

Thanks man, 2nd round picks....  I am thinking they went costanza in the 2nd round this year. "we should draft Tabor, lets draft the guy that played next to him"

51 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I was taught that respect is earned, not given.  I have trust issues since i was a child because oatmeal raisin cookies look so much like chocolate chip cookies...

Not a week ago, Mrs. Sperm was just recalling a somewhat similar complaint from her own childhood that we've all had: eagerly biting into a slice of chocolate cake from time to time, only to taste pumpernickel. 

Archived