Marcus Maye

thadude

14 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

“This one has become unanimous with NFL teams I’ve spoken to,” Zierlein wrote. “Williams has first-round talent, but won’t hear his name called in the first round and might not hear it called until Round Three. Williams has failed drug tests, was arrested for carrying a pistol without a permit last September and scouts say he has a difficult time adjusting to complicated defensive schemes. He has talent, but there are too many things working against him not to fall.”

that doesn't mention Dalvin Cook though...

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Jetsmanjb said:

that doesn't mention Dalvin Cook though...

Dalvin was passed up by 40 teams before he was picked, Jets just happened to be one of them.  He's another player with baggage and apparently RB wasn't a priority for the Jets this year due to so many other needs.  Don't get be wrong I think Cook is a first round talent and I would love for the Jets to have him, buy he was passed on by pretty much every team in the NFL and a few passed on him twice. 

On 7/30/2017 at 2:47 AM, Lupz27 said:

See 2015 season bowl game vs 9 future NFL players on the same defense, and a top rated D in the nation year in year out vs LSU, yes they got there balls beat in because Techs D is terrible, but Mahomes did a lot of great things VS that pro style D with again 9 future NFL players already.

Just finished looking up this assertion. First off, it was 5 NFL players, not 9.  Second, only 3 of them were drafted in the first 2 rounds.  Third, one of them was a sophomore in his first season as a starter.  So yeah, a little bit of an exaggeration there.  This wasn't the 2016 Bama defense. It was ok. And finally, Mahomes didn't really look that great.  He had a decent box score (4TDs/1 Pick/370 yards), but a lot of it came when the game was well out of reach and on busted plays.  He finished with 6.6 yards per completion, threw the ball 56 times and only completed 28 of them (50%).  Sounds like the same old story for every QB in the Air Raid system.  High volume, flashy numbers, nothing of substance.  LSU rocked him.

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Just finished looking up this assertion. First off, it was 5 NFL players, not 9.  Second, only 3 of them were drafted in the first 2 rounds.  Third, one of them was a sophomore in his first season as a starter.  So yeah, a little bit of an exaggeration there.  This wasn't the 2016 Bama defense. It was ok. And finally, Mahomes didn't really look that great.  He had a decent box score (4TDs/1 Pick/370 yards), but a lot of it came when the game was well out of reach and on busted plays.  He finished with 6.6 yards per completion, threw the ball 56 times and only completed 28 of them (50%).  Sounds like the same old story for every QB in the Air Raid system.  High volume, flashy numbers, nothing of substance.  LSU rocked him.

runawaysuperkick.gif

Funny how I read so often about Safety not being a premium position that you use top picks on, then hear we should have drafted a RB ... 

It used to be and OG's but many trends have changed the last 10-15 years. I mean Ed Reed was picked in the 20's which I believe was a rarity in early 2000's.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

But there was that pass the other day in shells

On 7/31/2017 at 3:35 AM, Jet9 said:

You've passed JW12 as the worst poster on the board. Congrats. Too bad the mods are more interested in who makes an Obama crack rather than who brings this place down thread after thread after thread. Well Done. 

tantrum.jpg

Archived