Marcus Maye

thadude

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

another one who will have to eat crow in a year, or 3.

You start off comparing a over drafted reach to a HOF QB and bring up eating crow?  You can't even begin to be more wrong comparing Favre to this guy.  

Or McNabb.  Lol, the number two pick in the draft to a guy who was projected what 2nd or 3rd round?  

You fell in love with an athletic QB, congrats, that makes you GM of the year. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1. McNabb will likely get in the hall at some point.  It may take a while but he'll get in.  You lose all credibility for thinking that he won't.

2. - Mahomes brain isn't special.

- He never saw a damn thing resembling a professional defense, like, ever.

- Tebow had more heart than just about any QB I've ever seen and he's playing baseball now.

- All Air Raid QBs have failed miserably in the NFL.  Excuse me for not "overlooking" that pretty vital f*cking point.

- All the arm talent in the world won't compensate for being unable to read an NFL defense or take a snap comfortably under center.  You'd think that after the first hundred guys fitting the same description bombed, everyone would realize this but I guess there are some who don't realize chucking a football 65 mph is not impressive if it's flying to the arms of a linebacker/DB sitting underneath a complex blitz/cover scheme.

3.  If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow.  I don't care.  Said it a hundred times about him already.  Still don't think he's one I'll be eating crow over.  

See 2015 season bowl game vs 9 future NFL players on the same defense, and a top rated D in the nation year in year out vs LSU, yes they got there balls beat in because Techs D is terrible, but Mahomes did a lot of great things VS that pro style D with again 9 future NFL players already.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You start off comparing a over drafted reach to a HOF QB and bring up eating crow?  You can't even begin to be more wrong comparing Favre to this guy.  

Or McNabb.  Lol, the number two pick in the draft to a guy who was projected what 2nd or 3rd round?  

You fell in love with an athletic QB, congrats, that makes you GM of the year. 

How is the 10th overall pick a projected 2nd, or 3rd rounder?  Fake news.  And yes MANY football experts including some of you guys beloved Gruden compare him to Favre I did not pull that out of thin air, or wrong for that matter.

11 hours ago, Harlemnite1 said:

That's more on Bowles cause he sucks. He coaches scared and his very next defensive adjustment will be his first.  

Bowles is a terrible defensive playcaller.  Arizona's defense hasn't missed him at all.  He can't make adjustments 

10 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Not one QB named in this post has the talent of Pat Mahomes, and that includes McNabb, Mahomes will be the next QB to win a Super Bowl from the AFC once Brady finally calls it quits, unlike the Colts with Luck the Chiefs have a solid foundation built around Mahomes to succeed next season, or IMO this season as I believe for a 2nd time Alex Smith will lose his job mid season either due to injury, or the thought Mahomes gives a playoff bound team a better chance to win games VS the higher scoring big boys of the AFC.  Your blind hate for Mahomes is laughable, Brett Favre when he started his first year did not even know what Nickel defense ment, had zero clue reading defenses, but his arm talent, and knack for the big play that made your jaw dropped was plenty to still succeed until he learned how to read a defense as he got more experience, and Mahomes brings the same type of once every 25 year combination of arm strength, and knack to extend plays to make game changing throws that will make people's jaws drop.  It was a very difficult decision to pass on a can't miss top 5 prospect in the draft for Mahomes, but if your right you will have a GM job until you decide you don't want to be a GM for the rest of your life, while if your right on Adams it's well any guy with eyes could have made that pick.  I'd prefer Mahomes, but I get the Adams pick, and we can argue till we are both blue in the face neither of us will concede our stance right now, but time will settle this disagreement of opinion on Mahomes soon enough one way, or the other.

Mahomes' Texas Tech teams went a combined 9-18 over his three years there and never finished higher than 5th in the Big 12. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mahomes' Texas Tech teams went a combined 9-18 over his three years there and never finished higher than 5th in the Big 12. 

How dare you let facts get in the way of an extremley exaggerated claim?  This is JN, dammit! Follow the protocol!

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

How is the 10th overall pick a projected 2nd, or 3rd rounder?  Fake news.  And yes MANY football experts including some of you guys beloved Gruden compare him to Favre I did not pull that out of thin air, or wrong for that matter.

Because he was.  No one worth a damn compared him to Favre.  If Gruden said his personality, his gunslinger mentality was like Favre who cares?  Doesn't make him a comparable talent.   No one has ever said that.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They also had the 159th ranked defens last year, that's dead last in all of college football, Mahomes never had a chance, he consistently put up 50 points a game, but you know all this, and are just trolling me I get it.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because he was.  No one worth a damn compared him to Favre.  If Gruden said his personality, his gunslinger mentality was like Favre who cares?  Doesn't make him a comparable talent.   No one has ever said that.

Yes, Yes they have, go back, and read NFL draft evaluations on him, and when NFL comparison came up it was Favre, and Derek Carr by most.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes, Yes they have, go back, and read NFL draft evaluations on him, and when NFL comparison came up it was Favre, and Derek Carr by most.

Ok, Favre or Carr. 

Yet somehow ranked behind Trubinski, Watson & Kizer.

Non of which should ever be confused with Favre, Carr or whoever else you list. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

They also had the 159th ranked defens last year, that's dead last in all of college football, Mahomes never had a chance, he consistently put up 50 points a game, but you know all this, and are just trolling me I get it.

Trolling?  You're comparing a mid level QB with mechanical, system and maturity issues to a HOF QB, and knocking anyone who doesn't agree with this.  Guess who sounds like the troll?  Just because it's not as obvious as when all you did was trash Hack

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Imagine the Jets have a QB who does this in his very first 2 minute drill practice.

That does it, you're right.  One pass, practice.  Imagine the possibilities?

How old are you? 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Trolling?  You're comparing a mid level QB with mechanical, system and maturity issues to a HOF QB, and knocking anyone who doesn't agree with this.  Guess who sounds like the troll?  Just because it's not as obvious as when all you did was trash Hack

Show me where I trashed Hack?  I never once trashed him, I have been nothing, but positive about Hack so now just STFU because you have no facts just useless fake info to try, and further your agenda that Mahomes is trash when he is not, I'm done with this with you, can't wait for your first post in 2-3 years bitching about how could the Jets pass on Mahomes for a ******* Safety good day sir.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How old are you? 

When was the last time a Jet QB lead the team to a TD in the 2 minute drill in training camp?  2008?

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Show me where I trashed Hack?  I never once trashed him, I have been nothing, but positive about Hack so now just STFU because you have no facts just useless fake info to try, and further your agenda that Mahomes is trash when he is not, I'm done with this with you, can't wait for your first post in 2-3 years bitching about how could the Jets pass on Mahomes for a ******* Safety good day sir.

Now I should STFU?

Because I don't agree with you on Mahomes?  That means I'm trashing him?  Find a post where I trash him.  

Go back to posting videos of a single pass in shells as proof of a solid NFL career, on the level of a HOF QB like Favre.  How lame can it get.

Find a single media outlet that thought Mahomes was the pick over Adams at 6.  One.  

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

When was the last time a Jet QB lead the team to a TD in the 2 minute drill in training camp?  2008?

Never, doesn't happen, ever.  All the times Geno did it proves how much we should dump into this line of thinking.   Fitz, Petty, Hack, never did it, you're right.  Stardom proven by an Internet GM

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now I should STFU?

Because I don't agree with you on Mahomes?  That means I'm trashing him?  Find a post where I trash him.  

Go back to posting videos of a single pass in shells as proof of a solid NFL career, on the level of a HOF QB like Favre.  How lame can it get.

Find a single media outlet that thought Mahomes was the pick over Adams at 6.  One.  

No you should STFU because you are blindly throwing out trash that I bash Hack, when I am one of the few that have never uttered a negative thing about the guy yet you felt the need to throw it in your post because it would help with your agenda.

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How old are you? 

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Imagine the Jets have a QB who does this in his very first 2 minute drill practice.

Exactly. Sanchez nailed a bomb down the sidelines for his first pre-season game pass. How'd that work out for us? 

We're using TC tapes to say Mahomes is the cat's pajamas now? This is like when a college hockey player makes one of those lacrosse looking goals and some smug sh*tbird reminds you #99 never pulled off that kind of goal. Derp.

On 4/29/2017 at 10:24 AM, Butterfield said:

I dont mind the pick one bit.

Nor do I, given that the Jets secondary was a sieve last year and Gilchrist's return is NOT a sure thing. I think before year two people will be saying that it was a move of sheer genius by Mac.

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Hey man we have the idiot Costello celebrating Wackenberg going 4-9 passing at TC like that's an accomplishment because none of the balls hit a reporter

23 minutes ago, thadude said:

Hey man we have the idiot Costello celebrating Wackenberg going 4-9 passing at TC like that's an accomplishment because none of the balls hit a reporter

You've passed JW12 as the worst poster on the board. Congrats. Too bad the mods are more interested in who makes an Obama crack rather than who brings this place down thread after thread after thread. Well Done. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

This is why I don't get why people are always repeating Josh McCown's win loss record. Maybe his teams were really bad? Even a baseball pitcher can be pretty good, and have a bad record if the team around him stinks. (Unless you're DeGrom)

7 hours ago, roscoeword said:

This is why I don't get why people are always repeating Josh McCown's win loss record. Maybe his teams were really bad? Even a baseball pitcher can be pretty good, and have a bad record if the team around him stinks. (Unless you're DeGrom)

McCown is a solid vet that has played on some bad teams.  I would rather have had him than Fitz the last 2 years.  w/ that said I want to see our young guys get a chance at some point this season.

On 7/30/2017 at 11:39 AM, Jet Nut said:

Ok, Favre or Carr. 

Yet somehow ranked behind Trubinski, Watson & Kizer.

Non of which should ever be confused with Favre, Carr or whoever else you list. 

By whom? He was the second QB off the board this year, just four spots after the Jets picked. Watson went two picks later, Kizer went 42 picks later. If the Browns ranked Kizer above Mahommes, they must've been pretty confident that no one else did, having taken other three players in the first round without looking his way. 

And it's not like comparing him to the prospect Favre or Carr is that outlandish, as both players were drafted in the second round. 

9 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Some validity to this, but he has seemed worse with teams than Glennon, Griffin and Johnny Football.  Not winning is one thing.  Winning less than those guys is quite another.  The last time he did better than another QB on the roster was 2013 in Chicago.  That is what made Lovie fall for him and since we seem intent on scrounging up all the aging bodies from that team, maybe it is a good fit.  All of the above is subject to circumstance/injuries/coaching, just like everything we say about Hackenberg.

This is great news.  I'd rather have our first two picks be Safeties and solid starters than some combination of Vernon Gholston and Devin Smith.  Nevertheless, this picture leaked out of the Jets' war room on draft day:

Hard-Hat-Labels-HD627-ba.jpg

On 4/29/2017 at 10:17 AM, dbatesman said:

He can't cover, he lost four games to an injury and one to a suspension, and he's already 23. This is a pick that looked horrific at the time and somehow gets worse the more you learn about it.

How do we pass up Dalvin Cook and Tim Williams in the second and third rounds?  Those were clear cut picks for us.  Whoever made those choices needs to be held accountable.  

19 minutes ago, James B said:

How do we pass up Dalvin Cook and Tim Williams in the second and third rounds?  Those were clear cut picks for us.  Whoever made those choices needs to be held accountable.  

“This one has become unanimous with NFL teams I’ve spoken to,” Zierlein wrote. “Williams has first-round talent, but won’t hear his name called in the first round and might not hear it called until Round Three. Williams has failed drug tests, was arrested for carrying a pistol without a permit last September and scouts say he has a difficult time adjusting to complicated defensive schemes. He has talent, but there are too many things working against him not to fall.”

Archived