The Jets got owned by the rest of the AFC east

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

I grew up outside buffalo, most if my friends and extended family are bills fans. They are just as upset as everyone here.

They are upset the jets had a player like Adams fall into our lap.

they weren't whining that adams isn't preeemium enough?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

as far as positional value goes.

Buffalo picked 4 spots after us:

A prime #1 corner in the 1st round after trading down in Tredavious White

A good looking Wr prospect in the 2nd round in Zay Jones

A decent looking oline prospect in Dion Dawkins in the the 3rd

An extra  1st round pick in next years draft.

Miami picked at 22, 16 spots after us.

Round 1 A good looking pass rusher in Charles Harris

Round 2 a hybrid linebacker, in Raekwon Mcmillan their version of Darron Lee except we picked our guy one full round higher

Round 3 Cordrea Tankersly a decent CB prospect

Patriots: no picks until the 3rd round.

Brandon Cooks via their trade with New orleans

3rd round A good looking pass rusher prospect in Derek Rivers

3rd round Antiono Garcia an offensive tackle prospect

Our rivals are taking value pass rushers, olneman, corners and offensive weapons the jets take two safeties, yes one of them is a high end prospect and a WR who sounds like an Enunwa clone.

The Jets deserve every bit of blasting they are taking by some of us over this draft.  We are 'set' with two rookie safeties and have a hard working wr who is not game breaker and we have not even looked at the host of other important positions. 

We got owned, especially by the Bills.,  think of this Doug friggin Whalley made our gm look like an amateur.

All 3 of our players should be as good as any of these guys, with the exception of the Bill's 1st next year. 

No way you can say we were owned unless of course you are a glass half spilled on yourself kind of person. 

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

Dumbest thread I've ever read, your argument is to add "good looking prospect" before each of their picks?

jets:

- second best player in draft at 6, one of best safety prospects in last 10 years

- another talented safety from an sec school that flashed first round talent. It missed a few games with injury

- most underrated wr in draft, great burst, plays physical, best blocking wr, best YAC wr in draft and can still be a deep threat 

We smoked the AFC East. That was good.

1 hour ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I agree. while i thought we should have taken a CB instead of the safety, after doing a little research on the guy im happy with the pick... He brings leadership/good character.... is versatile - can play both SS & FS, very physical. Overall, from everything I've read, he's a very good player and was highly regarded by his teammates at Florida. The WR i was unfamiliar with and im kind of just hoping he pans out - looks like he's gunna be a slot guy/special teams guy for now. I would have rather seen them go TE - but whatever. 

Like you said, we aren't going to be competitive this year... at all imo... i say the wins over/under should be 4 - i dont see them winning more than 4 games unless one of our QBs is touched by the hand of God. 

As long as we grab a corner or two later we are much better off. The drop off at corner is far less steep than safety this year. 

1 hour ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I agree. while i thought we should have taken a CB instead of the safety, after doing a little research on the guy im happy with the pick... He brings leadership/good character.... is versatile - can play both SS & FS, very physical. Overall, from everything I've read, he's a very good player and was highly regarded by his teammates at Florida. The WR i was unfamiliar with and im kind of just hoping he pans out - looks like he's gunna be a slot guy/special teams guy for now. I would have rather seen them go TE - but whatever. 

Like you said, we aren't going to be competitive this year... at all imo... i say the wins over/under should be 4 - i dont see them winning more than 4 games unless one of our QBs is touched by the hand of God. 

You were unfamiliar with Our Darius Stewart because The Tide rolls, it doesn't fly. For him to put up the numbers that he did in that offense is outstanding. Look at what Howard did, or didn't do, and he gets the benefit of the doubt. 

The first two picks were solid picks.  2 new very good starters.  

We could have gotten 2 more starters from the third round.   We did not.  The jury is still out, but my gut and statistics tell me that the Jets outsmarted themselves in round 3 and should have taken the solid roster upgrade off the board.  Two of a center, rb, tight end or inside lb.

NFL games are not played in the Spring or Summer, they are played in the Fall.  We will see what this results in, but educated fans are usually pretty decent at judging the draft, particularly when you compare what the Jets to teams we know are smart.   We are still waiting for our guys to show us they are smart.  This is not looking good.  

4 minutes ago, goober36 said:

lol I love how people rave about other teams draft picks, but I bet if the Jets selected these guys people would criticize the picks. It's hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I guess if they all end up being stud players then that's awesome, but does Macc's drafting record assure this? The Jets spent the last 5 years drafting defensive players in the 1st round, we have two top 40 picks and go defense. McCown or Petty handing off to Forte/Powell with Decker and Enunwa as the premier outside threats with nobody above average on the offensive line. We may as well fast forward to next year.

I think a little hyperbole in those descriptions of White and McMillan. 

But I agree the other teams in the division did well. Particularly Buffalo pulling that 2018 #1 pick - don't expect it to be too high but it's obviously nice to have.

I guess if they all end up being stud players then that's awesome, but does Macc's drafting record assure this? The Jets spent the last 5 years drafting defensive players in the 1st round, we have two top 40 picks and go defense. McCown or Petty handing off to Forte/Powell with Decker and Enunwa as the premier outside threats with nobody above average on the offensive line. We may as well fast forward to next year.

I agree with you. From the way his draft records looks you make a valid point. But at the same time you can't really judge a draft pick in the 1st year.

Hey you never know, Lee can turn out to be an animal this year after being in a off-season program!

I would easily take Bufflaos draft over ours. Very good corner a wr better than the guy we drafted and an olineman, plus a 1st round pick next year.
We have no pass rushers
we have no te
our rbs are okay but older
our oline has been ignored
we are hoping with our corners
we have no extra draft capital for next year.

We took a TE and a running backl

6 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

We took a TE and a running backl

We also got an extra 5 from Dallas , took a pass rusher and 2 corners lol. The people who are expecting an overnight fix need a reality check. We had a good draft IMO. Got great players where we picked at positions of need. We will need a few more good drafts / do well in free agency to be competitive again, but hopefully this was the start!

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You win in  this league by getting after the QB, having players make big plays, protecting the QB and by defending the pass.

We have used 2 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder in the past two drafts to defend TE, rb and slot WRs.

We have zero pass rush, our CB's are a huge ? we have no plan for oline youth, we have no threat on offense other than anderson and his 9 route.

We have not obtained any extra draft capital to get a QB.

Who said anything about winning? We are just trying to survive and MAYBE groom a QB.

14 hours ago, Savage69 said:

That's because all fans think they are the only smart make believe GM's on the planet.. I remember in 1965 some fans were pissed at taking Namath with the 1st pick because his knee's were shot and he wouldn't last 3 years not being able to run like he did in college.. Four of our 1st 7 picks that year were QB's  including the Heisman winner John Huarte with the 2nd rd pick..

Cuts both ways.  You can't bash the anti-Namaths without giving credit to the fans that wanted; Marino, Sapp, etc.

I saw the video highlights of our draft choices on youtube, and they all look very good. I intentionally will not view the highlights of the Bills and Dolphins draft choices, since it may damper my enthusiasm, because they probably look pretty good too.

21 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Charles Harris is terrible, but otherwise this is tough to argue with. Because this website functions as a support group for people who think of Rex as a surrogate father, we're not supposed to say that Doug Whaley is a decent GM, but he actually is.

Same Doug Whaley that may be unemployed by Tuesday?

I would easily take Bufflaos draft over ours. Very good corner a wr better than the guy we drafted and an olineman, plus a 1st round pick next year.
We have no pass rushers
we have no te
our rbs are okay but older
our oline has been ignored
we are hoping with our corners
we have no extra draft capital for next year.

Whaley got fired lol. So he gets fired after a "better" draft than Jets.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Can we finish the draft first?  We have 6 picks and still a very deep draft.  Lets have them finish painting the picture before complaining about the colors that weren't used.

The draft was finished before it started when our FO sat down in the "war"room aka open bar employee break room.

Exactly no ownership would allow a GM on his way out to run a draft at the same time what ownership in its right mind would even have him in house. Bills fans must be confused as am I. Entertaining a season with management in such disarray has to be confusing for the players also.

8 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Cuts both ways.  You can't bash the anti-Namaths without giving credit to the fans that wanted; Marino, Sapp, etc.

I wanted Marino and Sapp as well..However I will wait till the player busts on the field before I say he's worthless a minute after he's picked..;)

You win in  this league by getting after the QB, having players make big plays, protecting the QB and by defending the pass.
We have used 2 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder in the past two drafts to defend TE, rb and slot WRs.
We have zero pass rush, our CB's are a huge ? we have no plan for oline youth, we have no threat on offense other than anderson and his 9 route.
We have not obtained any extra draft capital to get a QB.

Amazing, since Abraham this team hasn't had one. So tired of all the 3-4 BS.

No pass rusher, no cbs, no oline, no offensive weapons.
It will be fun to watch our great young safeties look bad because we can't rush the passer and the other team is torching our Cbs
Not only that expect our high end safeties to be just as confused as the guys we are dumpling due to the awful D coaching scheme.

See I've mentioned since Kacy's first season something wasn't right.

20 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Amazing, since Abraham this team hasn't had one. So tired of all the 3-4 BS.

To be fair, Wilkerson had 10+ sacks twice.  When everything works, you can rush from the 3-4.  But when your secondary sucks, the DL is impotent.

To be fair, Wilkerson had 10+ sacks twice.  When everything works, you can rush from the 3-4.  But when your secondary sucks, the DL is impotent.

True, just not that dynamic DE. What's worse is the Run defense was bad so you could forget about sacks

Just now, Jetmech said:

True, just not that dynamic DE. What's worse is the Run defense was bad so you could forget about sacks

The sucky run defense was the biggest head-scratcher for me.  I don't know if you could chalk it all up to Snacks going but maybe.  Or maybe it was sucky Safety play ;)

Archived