TE Jordan Leggett

Lupz27

Leggett is NOT a terrible blocker. He has the size and strength to be a very good blocker. He is not always a willing blocker, and I'm sure NFL coaches will make it very clear that if you want to stick around in this league, you have to be willing to make an effort in the blocking game. 

When you read draft evaluations of TE the following is almost always included "he needs to improve his blocking for the NFL" its a given. Some guys are too skinny/don't have the size to be good blocking TEs in the NFL. For Leggett this is not an issue. If he is willing to make an effort, he can be a 3 down TE in the NFL. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SR24 said:

2 TE formations with Leggett and ASJ is gonna be fun to watch. 2 6'5 250+ TEs with Robbie and Q stretching the field. Sounds pretty good to me!

ASJ might not make this team ..  The Jets appear  to be fond of Brian Parker

22 minutes ago, SR24 said:

2 TE formations with Leggett and ASJ is gonna be fun to watch. 2 6'5 250+ TEs with Robbie and Q stretching the field. Sounds pretty good to me!

Leggett actually reminds me a lot of ASJ.  Big, athletic, ex-basketball player types that are known more for their catching ability than their blocking.  For both of them, they have effort issues which leads to being seen as inadequate blockers.  Leggett had 9 drops in his last 3 years (109 passes).  Another positive for Leggett: "Third-most total snaps played (2,263) over the last three years in the tight end draft class and fifth-most college playoff snaps played (327) in college football history." - PFF

52 minutes ago, CTM said:

^ wicked smaht

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

Maybe he thought he was drafted by the Cheaters?  Tannehill didnt know what teams were in his division.  So it's possible. 

I'm glad you two ankle-grabbing heathens thinks it's funny that we drafted a Jet-hater.

How does an completely revamped scouting department whiff on something like this? Seriously? Was BIG MACCC too busying asking for his zit-faced barista to spell his name in all-caps on his venti latte? **** this guy. **** this franchise.

This is worse than going to a Jets home game, and having them play 'Shipping up to Boston' to get the crowd pumped up. Has this franchise become some envious that they cannot even see that they've crossed the threshold from 'influenced by' to 'stalker that wants to wear their skin'?

There is no way Leggett succeeds here. None. The difference between making and not for late round picks is commitment. How committed do you think he's going to be to a team he clearly hates? MACCC wasting picks like Idzik.

Happy ******* Spring. More of the same old Jets.

Wait a second that tweet is a real thing?

F**k that guy..  

If my 12 year old asked for a Pats jersey I'd consider kicking his ass.  Why is our supposed TE of the future blowing the Pats on the twatter?

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Wait a second that tweet is a real thing?

F**k that guy..  

If my 12 year old asked for a Pats jersey I'd consider kicking his ass.  Why is our supposed TE of the future blowing the Pats on the twatter?

This.

Just more egg in the face of this God forsaken franchise. Woody is cupping the balls of Kraft, while he and Trump eat poor people and laugh at Woody's desperate groveling for acceptance into the "rich cheaters who win" club... and now we're drafting players that disrespect the Jets so much, they would publicly talk sh*t like this.

Un-rucking-feal.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This.

Just more egg in the face of this God forsaken franchise. Woody is cupping the balls of Kraft, while he and Trump eat poor people and laugh at Woody's desperate groveling for acceptance into the "rich cheaters who win" club... and now we're drafting players that disrespect the Jets so much, they would publicly talk sh*t like this.

Un-rucking-feal.

the funny thing is if he was on the pats he wouldn't play and may not even make the team. here the sky's the limit.  he's easily the best TE on this roster.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

the funny thing is if he was on the pats he wouldn't play and may not even make the team. here the sky's the limit.  he's easily the best TE on this roster.

Not if his heart's not in it.

He's already got the rep for being lazy, now he plays for a team he hates.

Of all the griping about trading back and "losing value" in the trades, the biggest waste of trade capital was this pick. A guy that hates us. He'll work to get cut, and then sign with the Pats next year. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:
it was a  mistake you overreacting knuckleheads. 

Jordan Leggett 

@JordanLeggett16 I need a JETS edit please and thank you!!

C-wzv-2W0AAvPIH.jpg:small

Not a mistake.

It was just something his agent made him fix.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Not a mistake.

It was just something his agent made him fix.

Right, it makes more sense that a guy drafted by the Jets and will fight for a roster spot would ask the twitter-world to edit him into the jersey of the team hated by Jets fans and Jets management. Some of you guys are funny with your insta-jets hate. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm glad you two ankle-grabbing heathens thinks it's funny that we drafted a Jet-hater.

How does an completely revamped scouting department whiff on something like this? Seriously? Was BIG MACCC too busying asking for his zit-faced barista to spell his name in all-caps on his venti latte? **** this guy. **** this franchise.

This is worse than going to a Jets home game, and having them play 'Shipping up to Boston' to get the crowd pumped up. Has this franchise become some envious that they cannot even see that they've crossed the threshold from 'influenced by' to 'stalker that wants to wear their skin'?

There is no way Leggett succeeds here. None. The difference between making and not for late round picks is commitment. How committed do you think he's going to be to a team he clearly hates? MACCC wasting picks like Idzik.

See, it's knuckledragging fans like you that give Jets fans a bad name. And you wonder why this kid wishes he was a Pat, can you blame him?

a$$hole!! 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Overact much?!? good gawd what a drama queen

51 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

No reason for them to cut him before his suspension is over he doesn't take up roster space while suspended does he?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

ASJ counts 1.2 mil against the cap with zero dead money and is suspended for the 1st 2 games of the season . Parker counts 540K  and  Jets appear to like this player .  If these players are last cut to 53, ASJ might have a problem .  

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It's not silly to suggest that he might not be a hard worker.  It is EXTREMELY silly to suggest that he wouldn't play hard for the Jets because he's a Pats fan.  The guy has one chance to get rich.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This is the best thing I've ever read on this site.

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Right, it makes more sense that a guy drafted by the Jets and will fight for a roster spot would ask the twitter-world to edit him into the jersey of the team hated by Jets fans and Jets management. Some of you guys are funny with your insta-jets hate. 

3 hours ago, CTM said:

See, it's knuckledragging fans like you that give Jets fans a bad name. And you wonder why this kid wishes he was a Pat, can you blame him?

a$$hole!! 

You guys have to create a narrative to defend the guy, when the more likely truth is just looking at what took place. He got drafted by a team he hates, and emo tweeted.

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

It's not silly to suggest that he might not be a hard worker.  It is EXTREMELY silly to suggest that he wouldn't play hard for the Jets because he's a Pats fan.  The guy has one chance to get rich.

Solid logic, yet year after year guys in the NFL prove otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You guys have to create a narrative to defend the guy, when the more likely truth is just looking at what took place. He got drafted by a team he hates, and emo tweeted.

From my understanding, it's due to the Pats being his Grandma's team. $$$ soothes emotions and he'll get over it. 

Let's just hope he's motivated and CONVERTS her to now cheer the Jets' side. :)

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

From my understanding, it's due to the Pats being his Grandma's team. $$$ soothes emotions and he'll get over it. 

Let's just hope he's motivated and CONVERTS her to now cheer the Jets' side. :)

**** her, I hope she breaks a hip.

Oh gosh really...this is just insane....what if scouts discovered Sam Darnold was a big Pats fan....does that mean we pass on him...is he undraftable? Get real.

These are kids and they cheer for teams it happens but I'm sure when you become part of team that plays the Pats he will be on board.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

Oh gosh really...this is just insane....what if scouts discovered Sam Darnold was a big Pats fan....does that mean we pass on him...is he undraftable? Get real.

it's not insane, it's just the ape. He's primitive  and tribal by nature, ever watch those monkey documentaries where they attack invading tribes? that is what you are seeing play out in this thread, except with poop flinging 

57 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So? You are the one whose oversized bloomers are in a bunch. Switch to low octane banana 

it's not insane, it's just the ape. He's primitive  and tribal by nature, ever watch those monkey documentaries where they attack invading tribes? that is what you are seeing play out in this thread, except with poop flinging 

Well said.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived