Devin Smith Out

KRL

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Darkheart said:

Remember Sperm also said Macc could never trade down. And then he did. Five times

Those trade downs were a joke not in like ha ha more like in waaa waaa. Way to water down your talent by adding superfluous 3rd tier talent.

11 minutes ago, derp said:

I have no idea how much the Jets went for need over BPA. That said - where doesn't this team have needs? Unless they passed on some elite DL...I think they just identified scheme fits at positions that were strong in this draft.

The first two picks were outrageous but after that it's whatever. I wish they went pass rusher early but they never do anyways. 

Well, I guess it's better to happen before the draft than 1st day of training camp. Love that Stewart led nation in YAC yardage & Hanson was on a couple of guys top 35 list (dude is only 22 and really developed last year), accending player.

devin-smith-c70a3dd1f97aa713.jpg

The New York Jets drafted multiple wide receivers in the recently completed NFL Draft. They selected ArDarius Stewart from Alabama in the 3rd round and Chad Hansen from Cal in the 4th round. With a roster consisting of Eric Decker, Quincy Enunwa, Robby Anderson, Devin Smith, Charone Peake and Kalin Marshall it seemed strange to add two more players in the mix.

The strategy made more sense after Mike Maccagnan told the media that Devin Smith recently tore his ACL.

Devin Smith has battled injuries through his career so far. Tearing the same ACL is a rough break for the speedy wide receiver. In two seasons he has 10 catches for 135 yards, but only one of those receptions was from last season.

Visit our forums to read more about Devin Smith’s torn ACL.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
Zsi-TGrkgC8

Click here to read the full story...

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So in the end, this was yet another 100% need-based draft for the current season, and not BAP after all, despite all the repeated bull***t that BAP is Maccagnan's drafting religion. 

Other than that, have to feel bad for this kid. That really sucks.

could have been worse...at least he didn't trade Hackenberg + a 1st to the Browns for a sock with a hole in it.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Maye and Adams are going to be this team's starting Safeties for the next 8 years. It's gonna be great. 

I agree.  if both play to form, they have a long term fix for the back end of the defense, and Adams has the potential to be very, very special. I believe both players have high ceilings and high floors -- solid, low risk, moves.

Devin Smith was getting home from the NYC clubs at 7am this off-season.  I know this for a fact and it definitely happened several times.  I have no idea if that contributed at all to his body not being able to handle a lateral force to spring his ACL.  But his career is nearing oblivion.

he was a bad choice when drafted-a one trick pony that never had a shot with our offense. I feel bad for him as one works so hard to get to the big show.

I am sure most college guys dont want to be drafted by the jets in round two as they seem destined to fail

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Devin Smith was getting home from the NYC clubs at 7am this off-season.  I know this for a fact and it definitely happened several times.  I have no idea if that contributed at all to his body not being able to handle a lateral force to spring his ACL.  But his career is nearing oblivion.

How do you know that?

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So in the end, this was yet another 100% need-based draft for the current season, and not BAP after all, despite all the repeated bull***t that BAP is Maccagnan's drafting religion. 

it certainly looks that way.

it was funny watching the colon, westie and Lucas agree with the picks and how the D picks and 2 safeties would finally allow Bowles to call the D he did in AZ. 

14 minutes ago, Marco said:

it certainly looks that way.

it was funny watching the colon, westie and Lucas agree with the picks and how the D picks and 2 safeties would finally allow Bowles to call the D he did in AZ. 

Colon is on SNY now?  Did he replace Cascadan?

45 minutes ago, David Harris said:

He didn't want to play football if that's the case.  Once maybe but it seems like this was more than that. 

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

WHAT?  Not at all.....How can you even think that? We went BAP in almost every round. 

Bad luck for the guy but he was utterly awful from day one.  He looked lost and lousy when he was playing and he was doomed this year anyway imo.  Awful pick partly due to the injuries and because he was never any good in the pros.  He looked like he had some promise coming into the league.

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

If this is true, and I am inclined to believe you... it absolutely affected his body.  It means he felt partying was more important than rehabbing and strengthening properly. 

I didn't like the one-trick pony when they drafted him.  I liked him even less when I saw him not fight for a few 50/50 balls in the air, when he was actually on the field.  And now this little nugget? 

All this "I feel bad for him crap" doesn't fly with me.  Feel bad for a guy like Marcus Lattimore.  Not this punk.

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

It's his offseason and he is like 24 who cares.  You think he is only player that parties? His body has failed him since the day he entered the league . He probably won't see another down with the jets . This group is way to big now .. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

If this is true, and I am inclined to believe you... it absolutely affected his body.  It means he felt partying was more important than rehabbing and strengthening properly. 

I didn't like the one-trick pony when they drafted him.  I liked him even less when I saw him not fight for a few 50/50 balls in the air, when he was actually on the field.  And now this little nugget? 

All this "I feel bad for him crap" doesn't fly with me.  Feel bad for a guy like Marcus Lattimore.  Not this punk.

Under thrown balls are not 50/50 balls.

Feel badly for Smith, though.  I don't think he had injury problems in college, whereas Milliner was a disaster waiting to happen.

A few weeks ago I called this site curmudgeonnation.com. Turns out it's actually "C%^T Nation. You're a bunch of whiney C^&%S. Macc isn't on Garth Snow's level so stop repeating sh*t like that, pushing that agenda, it makes you look uninformed, unintelligent, and well....like a whiney bitch. 

Thread crappers extraordinaire around here, hurt the conversation and do it to every god damn thread. I'm not all unicorns and rainbows, but at some point gimme a ******* break. 

Jets had 2 sh*t safeties. Jets draft 2 new safeties. Bitching fountain has off knob removed. 

Archived