2017 RE-DRAFT

Powpow

IMO this was a horrendous draft. A fellow poster called it a train wreck. totally agree. Mac, again, displays he's over his head.

RE-DRAFT just because it will make me feel better.. And I'm looking at who was available where we picked and where other players were taken. 

1- Adams S   2- Cook RB   3- Pat Ellflein C   3- Traded 4 & 6    4- Carl Lawson OLB    5- Desmond King S      6- Adam Bistnowaty T    6-Bucky Hodges TE   7- Zane Gonzalez K

Without all the up and down trades that watered down the positional talent this is what I came up. Add yours Scrutinize, revitalize, just don't compromise.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did not like pick 2 (like the player, hate the pick) with Cook sitting there, the rest, who the heck knows, gotta see them play. It's just that whenever we pick DB's Calvin Pryor, Kyle WIlson, Dexter McDougle and Dee Milliner cause flashbacks in my head.

7 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I like your draft a lot better

Thanks. Key was Cook at 2. Cant see why he passed on him. At one point he was rated higher than Fournette. These so called character issues regarding him are over sensationalized. Who doesn't have issues? At 3 C Elfelin solves OL problem and we have Mangold's replacement for next 10 years. Lawson is a sick beast - would have really liked him going after Brady.  At 5 Desmond king is a dual S/CB. A true free safety. At 6 Bits is  a mountain of a man - great project and potential. At 6 the TE we needed and he's a good one to last that long, great value. At 7 a real NCAA champion kicker.

4 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Thanks. Key was Cook at 2. Cant see why he passed on him. At one point he was rated higher than Fournette. These so called character issues regarding him are over sensationalized. Who doesn't have issues? At 3 C Elfelin solves OL problem and we have Mangold's replacement for next 10 years. Lawson is a sick beast - would have really liked him going after Brady.  At 5 Desmond king is a dual S/CB. A true free safety. At 6 Bits is  a mountain of a man - great project and potential. At 6 the TE we needed and he's a good one to last that long, great value. At 7 a real NCAA champion kicker.

Honestly, we passed on Cook bc he has a list of red flags longer than the Nile. Seriously think of a category, there's a check next to him. 

Injury red flag, check

Potential chronic physical traits, check

Character red flag, check

Trouble with the law history, check

domestic abuse history, check

entourage, check

poor combine, check

...just saying.

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Honestly, we passed on Cook bc he has a list of red flags longer than the Nile. Seriously think of a category, there's a check next to him. 

Injury red flag, check

Potential chronic physical traits, check

Character red flag, check

Trouble with the law history, check

domestic abuse history, check

entourage, check

poor combine, check

...just saying.

so who would you have considered at round 2 and don't say Maye

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

I just did not like pick 2 (like the player, hate the pick) with Cook sitting there, the rest, who the heck knows, gotta see them play. It's just that whenever we pick DB's Calvin Pryor, Kyle WIlson, Dexter McDougle and Dee Milliner cause flashbacks in my head.

The 2nd pick reminded me of when they went Keyshawn round one and Alex Van Dyke (I think that was his name in round two). I don't like double dipping position wise (that sounds dirty). But if they get them both right all will be forgiven.

10 minutes ago, Powpow said:

so who would you have considered at round 2 and don't say Maye

We already went through this exercise, I said Cook but bc he's the shiny object and I'm a layman fan.  Dude should have RISKY tattoo'd across his forehead though. 

But since you asked, besides Cook, Jones, Bowser, Cunningham, Feeney, Kamara, Kupp, JuJu,  maybe.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

We already went through this exercise, I said Cook but bc he's the shiny object and I'm a layman fan.  Dude should have RISKY tattoo'd across his forehead though. 

But since you asked, besides Cook, Jones, Bowser, Cunningham, Feeney, Kamara, Kupp, JuJu,  maybe

Besides Cook, Sidney Jones would have been worth the risk

ok, jjjjjjust for fun, Mike Williams, Cook, Godwin and Butt would have made for an interesting first 4 picks lol.  It'd be fan bonerville but not sure this team would be better off long run. I really like the actual draft picks better I think.

I loved Butt. But why not take a sure handed tight end who balled in the big games vs a guy with an ACL who might be a better blocker.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Powpow said:

IMO this was a horrendous draft. A fellow poster called it a train wreck. totally agree. Mac, again, displays he's over his head.

RE-DRAFT just because it will make me feel better.. And I'm looking at who was available where we picked and where other players were taken. 

1- Adams S   2- Cook RB   3- Pat Ellflein C   3- Traded 4 & 6    4- Carl Lawson OLB    5- Desmond King S      6- Adam Bistnowaty T    6-Bucky Hodges TE   7- Zane Gonzalez K

Without all the up and down trades that watered down the positional talent this is what I came up. Add yours Scrutinize, revitalize, just don't compromise.

Terrible 

59 minutes ago, HessStation said:

ok, jjjjjjust for fun, Mike Williams, Cook, Godwin and Butt would have made for an interesting first 4 picks lol.  It'd be fan bonerville but not sure this team would be better off long run. I really like the actual draft picks better I think.

Nope. No. No.

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Just my opinion... cook is a disaster waiting to happen... i absolutely love the stewart pick... and knocked it out of the park with hanson and leggett

Vikes think otherwise. Cook was screwed by media. He was 2nd rb rated to go in mid round 1 and at one time top RB. Nothing special about Stewart. Many other players would have been better to fill all the damn holes we have. And Legget is fine but there were so many other TE's rated higher.

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Cook has talent but it looks like we are avoiding potential locker room headaches. I'm fine with Mac's draft. We selected many talented players with good upside. 

looks like we are avoiding the next best RB since Freeman McNeil.

7 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Vikes think otherwise. Cook was screwed by media. He was 2nd rb rated to go in mid round 1 and at one time top RB. Nothing special about Stewart. Many other players would have been better to fill all the damn holes we have. And Legget is fine but there were so many other TE's rated higher.

Big deal ... we didn't get an injury prone rb in the second round... to call it a disaster is just dumb...

Especially since we are so far away from a decent team

9 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Big deal ... we didn't get an injury prone rb in the second round... to call it a disaster is just dumb...

Especially since we are so far away from a decent team

kind of like you being far away from adolescence.

7 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Seriously? ?? What kind of response is that? 

nobody said not getting Cook was a disaster. Getting a S with the 2nd round pick was dumb. Especially with Rontez Miles on the roster and so many holes to fill. And Maye isn't even a true FS which is what you really need to compliment Adams.

Archived