Is 2017 going to be a classic year?

EM31

I mean, I know we are going to be bad and everything but what exactly would need to fall just right in order for us to get into 1-15 or 2-14 land?  Is it even possible given our schedule? 

It would just kill me to reach 7-9 as a result of superhuman effort.

Can we get to 15 losses next year and does drafting safeties in rounds 1 and 2 help us out with that?  What do people think?

The Jets could go 0-16 and still somehow manage to c*ck it up. I truly think that the only way they land a franchise QB is by sheer dumbass luck in the middle rounds. Not because they're lucky mind you, oh no, lucky they are not. But simply because they'r e more likely to luck their way into a QB, compared to them managing to select one based on football acumen.  

By relative odds:

Mire in mediocrity for decades longer: a strong favorite going off at 1:5

Fall ass-backwards into a franchise QB: 100:1

Scout and select a franchise QB: :1

26 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I mean, I know we are going to be bad and everything but what exactly would need to fall just right in order for us to get into 1-15 or 2-14 land?  Is it even possible given our schedule? 

It would just kill me to reach 7-9 as a result of superhuman effort.

Can we get to 15 losses next year and does drafting safeties in rounds 1 and 2 help us out with that?  What do people think?

Jamal Adam's leadership alone is worth six wins...

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Schedule is too easy to be as bad as we need to be

Our schedule is easy but we're going up against teams (chargers, saints) that have high powered passing offenses. And we have sh*t at corners. They'll destroy us. To beat them we'd have to take advantage of their crappy defense, but considering we have Josh McCown leading us with a patchwork offensive line, I have no faith in us even putting up a decent offense against sh*t tier defenses. The Jags have Marrone, who seems to have our number. Bills will be interesting to see how they do, we probably split with them at worst. Browns are making improvements, and more importantly, they actually try to win unlike our sh*t team. So we'll see, we could be going 0-4 into that Browns game and have morale completely destroyed.

42 minutes ago, The Troll said:

If we go 7-9, that means there were 7 plane crashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming one of them wasn't ours? Or do you think the replacements would fare better?

Can Gene Hackman coach us? 

I agree wel find some way to win enough games to knock us out of darnold sweepstakes. Esp when bills and browns both have 2 first round picks for trade up ammo. But i also say to myself, how could we possibly win a single game with mccown, petty, or hakenberg behind center

7 minutes ago, jetsfan719 said:

I agree wel find some way to win enough games to knock us out of darnold sweepstakes. Esp when bills and browns both have 2 first round picks for trade up ammo. But i also say to myself, how could we possibly win a single game with mccown, petty, or hakenberg behind center

If we win a single quarter of football with McCown, we should buy a billboard and hit Bowles over the head with it. Few wins from one of the young guns I could at least delude myself enough to survive after Darnold goes to the Browns wins 3 championships in eleven seasons never missing the playoffs a single year. 

We may win one game in our division.  2 would be a surprise, and 0 wouldn't.

Outside the division, we're going 0-4 against the AFC west and 0-4 against the NFC South.  Which leaves games against Jacksonville and Cleveland to decide if we finally have a shot at a QB.

0-16 is a real possibility.  7 wins means we beat CLE and Jax, won at least 3 from MIA & Buff, and stole 2 more from non-divisional opponents who are better than us in every facet of the game.

Which, of course means that's exactly what will happen. **** me.

1 hour ago, jetsfan719 said:

It won't matter how many picks Cleveland or Buffalo have.  No team is dumb enough to trade a franchise QB.  How many draft picks would it take to get Andrew Luck?  For Roethlisberger?  Aaron Rodgers?  That's how many it's gonna take for who ever has the #1 pick to give it up.  

Some scouts think Farnold has the potential to be only the third prospect ever to receive a perfect grade.  

I think there's a real chance of that unless Hackenberg is a franchise QB (not expecting him to be) in which case we don't need the team to be awful.

Lots of new faces, especially in areas that need to gel a bit (secondary, passing game, OL) could lead to a slow start during the weaker part of the schedule.

And I'm honestly not sure how this team is scoring points. The loss of Marshall is going to have a huge ripple effect.

Lots of youth and low expectations can make for a fun year though. Until meaningless games are won I guess.

We go 2-14 and will have the lowest win total tied with the Browns who will get the #1 pick again because they the Browns. They will take Darnold and we will have our choice of Allen or Rosen.  Or browns will fleece Mac and he will panic and trade 2018 1st,  2019 1st, 2018 2nd and 2019 2nd to move up one spot.

We're in a win/win position now. If Hackenberg turns out to be pretty good well that's a huge win. If not we get either Darnold, Rosen or Allen in a draft in which we're not reaching at all for a QB. Which will be a blessing not having to trade any picks to move up, we'll have a huge amount of money for free agency, we'll probably end up with a couple of comp picks, so we'll probably have 9 picks, 2 thirds, 2 fifths. 2nd half of 2018 will be move, 2019 our coming out party.

With the way we draft, the suck for Sam crowd are going to be greatly disappointed.   We will draft LBs next year in Rds 1 and 2 and TE's in 3 and 5 as we trade our 4th for 6th and 7th rounders.   This is not a rebuild it is a runaway train heading for disaster.

tumblr_na953aVVuX1te08jzo1_500.gif

Anybody impressed with this draft has the greenest of glasses on or you need professional help.

Archived