We have sucked for 50 years.

You really can't take one more? 

Do you understand what rebuilds are? You won't fix a team in one draft. The plan is simple...

Throw the young qbs out there, play all the young talent, see what floats and what sinks. Realize what you have in your qbs, if one pans out, great! If not, there are 3 studs in next year's draft and chances are one of them will be good. I think Darnold is different and won't suffer the usual fate of quarterbacks. Last year Watson was considered a surefire number 1, at times so were Geno, Locker, Barkley, Hackenberg, Boyd, I could go on and on. 

I think it's win win, with a lot of actual losses. I'm curious what we have in petty and hackenberg, and I think it will be fun and obviously painful. But we're Jets fans. Let's act like we've been there before. 

• Upvote 3

Many of us wanted to suck this year but also hoped to add at least one high end piece to the offense. 

Maybe Hanson, Stewart or McGuire evolve into that but cook was already that and should have been taken.

I get wanting to take high quality players but sometimes you need to make an exception.

I am a fine with a rebuild if I have faith in those running the re build-I dont in this team. Woody needs to over pay bigly and get some legit people here

I have spent several hundred thousand dollars on jets tickets and psls . This is the first year in 40 years I have zero faith in the team and management. I knew Fitz would be awful last year and once they brought him back at a raise, I knew where we were headed.

Have you ever heard of the planet theory. Well it states that you build a team starting at the strong safety then you move to the free safety and then to the fourth receiving option from an sec school. Planet theory. It's called that because Venus is Latin for strong safety 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, SwanseaJack said:

Totally agree with the sentiments but can anyone see us winning even one game next season?

maybe two games- a broken clock is right twice a day

the sad thing is I think the giants can contend for a superbowl this year-we might as well send them s rich as well

I don't think YOU understand what rebuilds are.

Hint: it's not spending your first two picks on safeties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are trying to lose out of a season to draft a good qb then early offensive picks who have stud potential and could end up scoring points don't help. Drafting defensive players who will slow down and stop inevitable losses and get a valuable year of development while you lose for your franchise qb isn't a bad idea especially when one of them was the second or third most talented player in the draft and you got him with the 6th pick

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, jett said:

You really can't take one more? 

Do you understand what rebuilds are? You won't fix a team in one draft. The plan is simple...

Throw the young qbs out there, play all the young talent, see what floats and what sinks. Realize what you have in your qbs, if one pans out, great! If not, there are 3 studs in next year's draft and chances are one of them will be good. I think Darnold is different and won't suffer the usual fate of quarterbacks. Last year Watson was considered a surefire number 1, at times so were Geno, Locker, Barkley, Hackenberg, Boyd, I could go on and on. 

I think it's win win, with a lot of actual losses. I'm curious what we have in petty and hackenberg, and I think it will be fun and obviously painful. But we're Jets fans. Let's act like we've been there before. 

Heres the problem jett, you cant continue to kick #1 draft picks to the curb year after year and replace them with other #1 draft picks this team has sh*t the bed more often than not in the draft. 

We have a team of #1 draft picks no longer playing in the NFL. 

We draft poorly and we get involved in some crazy contracts with players hindering us from signing decent free agents. 

Our roster is filled with players who wouldnt be in the NFL if not for the NY Jets. 

Until we find a decent QB to build around all GM and a head coach who have a clue nothing changes here.