Do you support Christian Hackenberg and think he's the answer to our franchise QB need?

joewilly12

Hack won't be in the NFL in 2018

How can anyone really make a judgement call on what Hackenberg will accomplish this year....I assume an educated guess?
He has alot going for him he never had before going on the field in preseason last year.
1. Full offseason working on mechanics.
2. Full offseason working with #1 offence
3. Working with an OC that does not have a mancrush for Fitzpatrick.
4. Only pressure is to gain chemistry with offense and show progress...wins are a bonus.

Once he wins the #1 which he will everything is different from last year.

I think he has a chance of failure but jets fans should try and be in this guys corner and not throw him in the garbage before he fails.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

How can anyone really make a judgement call on what Hackenberg will accomplish this year....I assume an educated guess?
He has alot going for him he never had before going on the field in preseason last year.
1. Full offseason working on mechanics.
2. Full offseason working with #1 offence
3. Working with an OC that does not have a mancrush for Fitzpatrick.
4. Only pressure is to gain chemistry with offense and show progress...wins are a bonus.

Once he wins the #1 which he will everything is different from last year.

I think he has a chance of failure but jets fans should try and be in this guys corner and not throw him in the garbage before he fails.

Hack f-cking sucks d-ck

Just now, thadude said:

Hack f-cking sucks d-ck

You're just an angry and bitter jets fan. That's fine, but you don't have any idea if Hack will be good or not. You're a pessimist. I'm a realist. I wouldn't bet on Hack emerging, but this is the year to give him a chance. 

It really depends on his mechanics.  

If he fixes his mechanics, then yes, he has a legitimate shot at being a franchise QB.   I like his arm, and I like his ability to scan the field, and he does well under center and in the pocket.   However, the task is easier said than done because he's had bad mechanics for awhile now.   

Right now Jets fans are down on the season, which is understandable going into a rebuilding year.  However, I love watching young players develop because there is just so much potential.  Yeah, we can win a couple of games with McCown or Cutler, but we already know what we get from them.  

The best thing that could happen to this team is Hackenberg being the quarterback we need. Getting a high pick in the draft in '18 and trading it for a kings ransom with the quality quarterbacks next year. Hoping for hack to kill it,. May be doubtful but being optimistic.

Definitely smarter than your homer bs

Yes....I am full of said "bullsh*t. If that's homer bs....it's not even worth going on about...your awesome end of story.

19 minutes ago, thadude said:

Definitely smarter than your homer bs

Giving a young QB a chance is not being a homer. Saying that he is a lock to be great, would make someone a homer. Conversely, giving Hack ZERO chance and saying  he "f-cking sucks d-ck" before he starts one NFL game makes you a whiny and bitter SOJF. I'd rather be a homer than whatever type of Jets fan you turned out to be. 

After passing on QBs, Jets' focus shifts to Christian Hackenberg

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19276941

The third draft of the Todd Bowles-Mike Maccagnan regime is in the books, and the New York Jets still have a question mark at the most important position -- quarterback.

Two questions, actually.

Short term: Who will be the opening-day starter?

Long term: Is the quarterback of the future on the roster?

The Jets could've tackled the second question by drafting Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes in the first round, but they wisely passed. This wasn't the right time -- or the right quarterback class -- to make such an important investment. The plan is to play out the 2017 season, determining if Christian Hackenberg is the right guy.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0119%2Fr172565_1

Jets QB Christian Hackenberg didn't see the field as a rookie, but that could change this fall. Brad Penner/USA TODAY Sports

It's an open competition, according to Bowles -- and it starts immediately.

Hackenberg versus Josh McCown versus Bryce Petty.

Their combined record as starters over the past two seasons: 2-13.

Bowles said all three will have the opportunity to work with the starting offense during off-season practices, which start May 23. By the start of training camp in late July, he'll have a pecking order.

"That will determine itself in OTAs and the spring, going forward, how we line up in the summer," Bowles said at the conclusion of he draft.

The well-traveled McCown, 37, is the favorite based on his experience. People around the organization say he already has made a positive impact in the building, impressing with his smarts and upbeat attitude. They believe he will be an asset in the quarterback room under new position coach Jeremy Bates.

Petty's status is up in the air because of surgery on his left (non-throwing) shoulder at the end of last season. Bowles said he's hopeful that Petty will be ready for OTAs, but he's not sure.

The big story, though, is Hackenberg -- the mystery man. He didn't take a single snap in 2016, becoming the first quarterback since Brian Brohm (Green Bay Packers, 2008) to be drafted in the first or second round and not play as a rookie.

It would be a stretch to say the Jets gave Hackenberg a vote of confidence by not drafting a quarterback, but it also shows they haven't abandoned hope that he can develop. If he doesn't ... well, they'll be in the quarterback market in the 2018 draft.

Archived