Jets over under wins: 5.5

JoJoTownsell1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Jets always defy expectations 

expect them to be terrible, they will be better than you think 

expect them to contend? Vinny T's calf explodes

This is why I love Sports betting Vegas by the way. the game is more entertaining with action. And you can make sober decisions and still have action hours later that are unaffected by your current sobriety. 

If in Vegas, I'm taking the over 5.5 it's the emotional hedge play and not a hard decision at all. 

If they go over, I will have been happy more than 5 gamedays this year. and when they bottom out there's a little cash in it

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets always defy expectations 

expect them to be terrible, they will be better than you think 

expect them to contend? Vinny T's calf explodes

This is why I love Sports betting Vegas by the way. the game is more entertaining with action. And you can make sober decisions and still have action hours later that are unaffected by your current sobriety. 

If in Vegas, I'm taking the over 5.5 it's the emotional hedge play and not a hard decision at all. 

If they go over, I will have been happy more than 5 gamedays this year. and when they bottom out there's a little cash in it

Problem is we really dont have a Qb at all.  As bad as Geno and Fitz were they were much better than what we have now and could beat bad teams

2013 we defied expectations because Geno actually played very well in a couple of wins he even had a 144 QBR on the road facing the falcons

15 minutes ago, thadude said:

Problem is we really dont have a Qb at all.  As bad as Geno and Fitz were they were much better than what we have now and could beat bad teams

Geno is not better than anyone. He's just as sh*tty as any QB the Jets have ever employed.

they aren't going winless this year.  They play Cleveland who is their QB? At buffalo early is better than at buffalo late. There are some winnable games. 

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

AFC East 

Buffalo Bills 6 
Miami Dolphins 7.5 
New England Patriots 11 
New York Jets 5.5

AFC North 

Baltimore Ravens 9.5 
Cincinnati Bengals 8.5 
Cleveland Browns 4 
Pittsburgh Steelers 10.5

AFC South 

Houston Texans 8.5 
Indianapolis Colts 9 
Jacksonville Jaguars 5.5 
Tennessee Titans 9.5

AFC West 

Denver Broncos 8.5 
Kansas City Chiefs 9 
Los Angeles Chargers 7.5 
Oakland Raiders 9.5

NFC East 

Dallas Cowboys 9.5 
New York Giants 9 
Philadelphia Eagles 8.5 
Washington Redskins 7.5

NFC North 

Chicago Bears 5 
Detroit Lions 8 
Green Bay Packers 10 
Minnesota Vikings 8.5

NFC South 

Atlanta Falcons 10 
Carolina Panthers 9 
New Orleans Saints 8.5 
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8

NFC West 

Arizona Cardinals 7.5 
Los Angeles Rams 5.5 
San Francisco 49ers 4.5 
Seattle Seahawks 10.5

We really have to put our trust in Todd Blowes' coaching abilities if we are going to insure a Number One pick

As it stands on May 2nd, I think 5-11 sounds pretty reasonable. We'll see if anything changes over the next few months. 

I think they'll beat the Browns, Jags and split with the Bills and Dolphins... And then I think they'll steal a win against someone they should lose by a wide margin to. Maybe a sneak win against the Chargers when they fly all the way to NY, or maybe the Buccaneers who will play the Jets sandwiched between big games against the Saints than the Falcons... Something silly like that.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I will never root for the Jets to lose. I never want to lose even if I am playing someone in checkers.

When I am in the parking lot after the game and fighting the 8 lanes to 1 merge, I don't want to lose then as well.

I will never understand the let's "root for the Jets to lose mentality".

I agree, that's why I wanted Deshaun Watson.  We could have a chance to win.  Nope, we go 7-9 this year beating the odds and losing another shot at getting a real QB.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Done. What do you want to bet? If the Jets win 6 games I want money from you. If the Jets win 5 games you are going to want a massage from me. But for like the millionth time I don't like you like that. So let's find something else to bet, thanks.

Why would you be happy if the jets won 6 games? That's the worst case scenario for this franchise? 

I'm all for this team making the playoffs and hack emerging as a viable QB. But the reality is this team is not making the playoffs.

Would you rather go 6-10 and pick 6th or go 3-13 and get the first overall pick and a shot at a franchise QB for the first time in many of our lifetimes?

Seems about right.  As much as we may like to think the Jets are the worst, they still won 5 games last year despite lots of injuries and while there are plenty of improvements that still need to be made, there's nowhere on this team the Jets have gotten any worse.  A healthier season on its own can lead to an improved record.  The Jets are not particularly good, but neither is half the league.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I will never root for the Jets to lose. I never want to lose even if I am playing someone in checkers.

When I am in the parking lot after the game and fighting the 8 lanes to 1 merge, I don't want to lose then as well.

lose the battle win the war

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Seems about right.  As much as we may like to think the Jets are the worst, they still won 5 games last year despite lots of injuries and while there are plenty of improvements that still need to be made, there's nowhere on this team the Jets have gotten any worse.  A healthier season on its own can lead to an improved record.  The Jets are not particularly good, but neither is half the league.

has this total moved up?  i thought last i checked it was 4.5.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

If the Jets are 2-13 heading into the last game of the season knowing that a loss would guarantee them the #1 overall pick and by then it's clear that Darnold (or Allen or Rosen)  is the next Luck/Elway, you would root for the Jets to win?  

Edit to add: I hope the Jets win the Super Bowl this year and hack emerges as a franchise QB. But for now, I am going to deal with reality. And the reality is that we are just not that good. 

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If the Jets are 2-13 heading into the last game of the season knowing that a loss would guarantee them the #1 overall pick and by then it's clear that Darnold (or Allen or Rosen)  is the next Luck/Elway, you would root for the Jets to win?  

Edit to add: I hope the Jets win the Super Bowl this year and hack emerges as a franchise QB. But for now, I am going to deal with reality. And the reality is that we are just not that good. 

That is a totally different scenario than rooting for the Jets to lose every game when it is only May.

That said, if the Jets were home I would be there the last week rooting for them to win.

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not confident in Jets.

My confidence in the Jets speaks for itself. I am here every day talking about what I feel about this team.

That said I would never make a bet that would personally impact my game day experience. I never miss a game and I would never make a laughingstock out of myself.

If Tom wanted to bet money, I would. But I am not going to ever take a chance of ruining a Jets game by having to do something stupid. There is just no fun in that for me.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

My confidence in the Jets speaks for itself. I am here every day talking about what I feel about this team.

That said I would never make a bet that would personally impact my game day experience. I never miss a game and I would never make a laughingstock out of myself.

If Tom wanted to bet money, I would. But I am not going to ever take a chance of ruining a Jets game by having to do something stupid. There is just no fun in that for me.

So, 4 wins? 

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What about a bet between you and Tom where the loser hires a plane to fly a banner with the loser's face and the word, "Idiot".

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Looks like we'll be rooting for the Rams, niners, browns, bears and bills to win games so we get to finish with the worst record.

Almost no way the Bears can take a QB next year so at least a trade-up is possible.  Goff would have to suck horribly for the Rams to take a QB but it's possible.  Not sure if Kizer would be an obstacle assuming he probably won't play much, if at all, this year.  Niners and Bills would gobble any QB up so those are the ones we need to suck worse than for sure.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

What about a bet between you and Tom where the loser hires a plane to fly a banner with the loser's face and the word, "Idiot".

Or just fly one of them behind the plane...

Just now, nycdan said:

Almost no way the Bears can take a QB next year so at least a trade-up is possible.  Goff would have to suck horribly for the Rams to take a QB but it's possible.  Not sure if Kizer would be an obstacle assuming he probably won't play much, if at all, this year.  Niners and Bills would gobble any QB up so those are the ones we need to suck worse than for sure.

If Darnold is as good as many think (including myself) any team that finishes with the worst record will take him, including the Bears.Even if a team chooses to trade out of 1, the cost to move for a guy like Darnold will cost us the rest of our 2018 draft class and possibly the following years #1. 

The only teams that would pass on him are teams like the Packers if Rodgers tears an ACL and misses the year. But with 4 or 5 or 10 teams wanting him the bidding war would be ten times more than what the Bears gave up to get the underwhelming Trubisky

If he's all that, I'd do a Ricky Williams deal to get him.  But if we're at #3 or #4, we have a better shot than anyone further down.  Also, there are going to be as many as 3 or even 4 guys in the top of the round so missing Darnold isn't necessarily the end.

I think the defense will be very good and keep us in games.  If the QB's do ANYTHING that remotely looks like NFL caliber play, I can't see how we won't win at least as many games as we did last year. I'm gonna say 6 wins, which with the Jets luck, will mean that they just miss out on the top 3 QB's in next years draft! :rolleyes:

Over - I think they have good defense which will help keep them in Games maybe even generate some points.  I think special teams will be improved.  I think running game will be better as Forte came into last season injured and finally Petty will be better too.

I think Petty starts over Hack not because I think Hack is a bust but rather I don't think he will be ready.  The kid is 22? he should sit another year as long as Petty plays well and he will get his chance to unseat Petty next year which he probably will.  Petty can keep it though if he keeps improving.

Hack may surprise this year and come out guns blazing which would be awesome but odds against it to say least.

I say 8 wins.

56 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I think the defense will be very good and keep us in games.  If the QB's do ANYTHING that remotely looks like NFL caliber play, I can't see how we won't win at least as many games as we did last year. I'm gonna say 6 wins, which with the Jets luck, will mean that they just miss out on the top 3 QB's in next years draft! :rolleyes:

If we don't get the 1 pick it will probably go to San Francisco they aren't trading Darnold

57 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

No pass rush and the half dozen Strong Safeties we drafted specialize against the run

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I think Tom and I have proven that we are at out best when the outcome involves us punching each other in the face. lol...

Archived