Gilchrist Waived

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminder: to revamp a terrible secondary two seasons ago Macc handed out 4 huge deals north of 40 million total. The only guy left from that two seasons later is Buster Skrine, one of the worst players in the secondary both seasons as a Jet. 

And so it begins .

ASJ is next and then maybe Jalin Marshall . Jets are going to have to cut some players to get to the 90 player limit after this weekend  We're at 83 players I believe currently minus the UNFA and the tryout candidates .

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Reminder: to revamp a terrible secondary two seasons ago Macc handed out 4 huge deals north of 40 million total. The only guy left from that two seasons later is Buster Skrine, one of the worst players in the secondary both seasons as a Jet. 

He's not that bad when he's lined up against the slot receiver .

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

wait what? he was not the worst the last two season, what are you talking about? who were the other that got deals? just curious

Just now, Tinstar said:

He's not that bad when he's lined up against the slot receiver .

He was rated as one of the worst corners before coming to the Jets and he's been awful as a Jet, no matter the position. If you're going to give the guy 25 million dollars over 4 years, he needs to be more than just "not that bad" in the slot. 

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

wait what? he was not the worst the last two season, what are you talking about? who were the other that got deals? just curious

Macc signed Skrine, Revis, Cromartie and Gilchrist. No one in the last two seasons has been worse than Buster Skrine. He is awful. 

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

And so it begins .

ASJ is next and then maybe Jalin Marshall . Jets are going to have to cut some players to get to the 90 player limit after this weekend  We're at 83 players I believe currently minus the UNFA and the tryout candidates .

no way on ASJ - maybe Marshall

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Macc signed Skrine, Revis, Cromartie and Gilchrist. No one in the last two seasons has been worse than Buster Skrine. He is awful. 

The Jets had a decent defense in 2015.  Those guys basically kept the Jets competitive then.

But with Revis falling apart and Cromartie needing to be cut for cap reasons, that group completely collapsed.

But yes, the money spent on the secondary was not a good investment by the Jets.  At this point in time the Jets appear to have learned their lesson and are doing things differently.  Now.

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

And so it begins .

The only player decent to see the field is rookie Legget.. really doubt ASJ is cut this season. He will share starter reps or play #2

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Reminder: 2 years ago the Jets won 10 games. 

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Skrine got two holding penalties since you made this post.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Reminder: 2 years ago the Jets won 10 games. 

Oh good. Let me know when they raise that banner. I'll be sure to watch. 

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets had a decent defense in 2015.  Those guys basically kept the Jets competitive then.

But with Revis falling apart and Cromartie needing to be cut for cap reasons, that group completely collapsed.

But yes, the money spent on the secondary was not a good investment by the Jets.  At this point in time the Jets appear to have learned their lesson and are doing things differently.  Now.

Wasting two years of rebuilding time is inexcusable. And they really haven't learned their lesson. They still lack high end talent at important positions. This regime is not long for the Jets. Or at least shouldn't be. 

Just now, nycdan said:

Well we've cut Brandon and now Nick.  How could Jalin not be next?

well i would think having him on suspension has some roster flexibility in case of injury in 1st 4 games.  I fully expect him to be cut when suspension over.

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You wanna hear something really fun? Maccagnan has traded draft picks for four players. Guess how many are still on the roster today.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wasting two years of rebuilding time is inexcusable. And they really haven't learned their lesson. They still lack high end talent at important positions. This regime is not long for the Jets. Or at least shouldn't be. 

they didnt waste 2 years?  they can only draft so many players a year and they got their 1st and most important one if you ask me in year 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

You wanna hear something really fun? Maccagnan has traded draft picks for four players. Guess how many are still on the roster today.

and he was 1 game away from playoffs - every GM in league would make those kind of trades

IMG_7578.jpg

The Jets continued with the theme of purging the roster of veterans by releasing safety Marcus Gilchrist. He suffered a patellar tendon tear in his right knee last December which ended his season early. The move will save the Jets money against the salary cap.

When Gilchrist joined the Jets in 2015 he became part of a secondary that already had cornerbacks Antonio CromariteDarrelle Revis and Buster Skrine. Now Skrine is the only player left as the Jets continue their youth movement. The team added two new safeties during the recently completed NFL draft. Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye are both expected to be immediate contributors.

You can read more about this move in our NY Jets forum.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
kzCaQ9k1a6w

Click here to read the full story...

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

they didnt waste 2 years?  they can only draft so many players a year and they got their 1st and most important one if you ask me in year 1

Did they win the Super Bowl? Division? Make the playoffs? No? Seems like two years wasted. Besides Leo, what young talent have they acquired? Macc's big moves were overpaid aging veterans. Oh wait. James Carpenter. Solid. Anyone else? QB? Pass rusher? #1 corner? Cornerstone left tackle?

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Where's Darrin Walls when you need him?

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Did they win the Super Bowl? Division? Make the playoffs? No? Seems like two years wasted. Besides Leo, what young talent have they acquired? Macc's big moves were overpaid aging veterans. Oh wait. James Carpenter. Solid. Anyone else? QB? Pass rusher? #1 corner? Cornerstone left tackle?

It's like you don't even appreciate the fact that with the leagues easiest schedule, Big Macc's team was pretty damn close to being a playoff participant.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

so he doesnt win superbowl in year 1 he failure...gotcha

Just now, gEYno said:

It's like you don't even appreciate the fact that with the leagues easiest schedule, Big Macc's team was pretty damn close to being a playoff participant.

didnt they beat the pats ruin their homefield adv?  dallas? other winning teams....please

Archived