Ticket Brokers ARE THE PROBLEM

NFL tickets are so frustrating for fans today. I don't believe for a minute that all teams are selling out their games; at least not to fans. The dam brokers are creating a false "sell out" and ruining it for the fans. They dump tickets cheap when the team is bad....now if they were losing money doing it I wouldn't mind but let's get real...THE BROKERS HAVE TO BE GETTING TICKETS AT A REDUCED PRICE FROM THE NFL....ITS A BUSINESS FOR THEM, AN INVESTMENT, something we're told not to even dream of! Then when the team gets good the brokers still have their damn seats that they can make a fortune on. The teams do not need to sell out the stadium to make money, they need to fill seats to save face. Unfortunately the Jets are the poster child for a system gone wrong for the fans. Granted PSLs complicate things but if ever their was a time for a team to lower ticket prices this is it! PSL owners are struggling to dump their licenses for .10 on the dollar not because people (fans) don't want to get tickets.....they do...and not because the sellers don't want to keep their seat.....they do. Sellers and buyers both have the same issue.....TICKET PRICES ARE TOO HIGH. The NFL system of providing tickets to brokers at a reduced price to create a "sell out" needs to be changed. We need to create laws that will not allow brokers to sell tickets for any less than 90% of face. Then when the team sucks they'll get out and the American system of supply and demand will make sure that changes are made; even if that means lowering prices.

11 hours ago, Jiminy Cricket said:

NFL tickets are so frustrating for fans today. I don't believe for a minute that all teams are selling out their games; at least not to fans. The dam brokers are creating a false "sell out" and ruining it for the fans. They dump tickets cheap when the team is bad....now if they were losing money doing it I wouldn't mind but let's get real...THE BROKERS HAVE TO BE GETTING TICKETS AT A REDUCED PRICE FROM THE NFL....ITS A BUSINESS FOR THEM, AN INVESTMENT, something we're told not to even dream of! Then when the team gets good the brokers still have their damn seats that they can make a fortune on. The teams do not need to sell out the stadium to make money, they need to fill seats to save face. Unfortunately the Jets are the poster child for a system gone wrong for the fans. Granted PSLs complicate things but if ever their was a time for a team to lower ticket prices this is it! PSL owners are struggling to dump their licenses for .10 on the dollar not because people (fans) don't want to get tickets.....they do...and not because the sellers don't want to keep their seat.....they do. Sellers and buyers both have the same issue.....TICKET PRICES ARE TOO HIGH. The NFL system of providing tickets to brokers at a reduced price to create a "sell out" needs to be changed. We need to create laws that will not allow brokers to sell tickets for any less than 90% of face. Then when the team sucks they'll get out and the American system of supply and demand will make sure that changes are made; even if that means lowering prices.

I don't think that is the case. I think the NFL teams have agreements with Stubhub and other secondary market sites that are readily used by fans. I think the Jets are putting up thousands of seats on Stubhub and dropping the market when they need to, and raising when it deems necessary as well. I think the days of the ticket brokers themselves are fading in regards to the Jets, and other mediocre teams. 

Archived