Report: Jets Receiver Robby Anderson Arrested in Florida

JetNation

21 minutes ago, flgreen said:

According to the police report (via TMZ.com), Anderson is accused of fighting with security at the Rolling Loud music festival and was asked to leave. When he refused, a Miami police lieutenant got involved and when he instructed Anderson to sit down on the ground, "he tensed his body and pushed [the lieutenant]. [Anderson] was redirected to the ground and continued to fight with police and security."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/robby-anderson-arrest-florida-jets-wr-fighting-cop-rolling-loud/po3b0erlusjh1wotnyce5mu8c

Not sounding good if it's true. Dumb move.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get why people are so freaked out by this, after what happened to Sheldumb.  That was in a whole other category.  Here, he was drunk / stoned, got into a fight, and then pushed a cop.  He's not doing 10-20 for that...

54 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He didn't credit the source because he didn't know the source. A source cannot be another reporter unless you have the same source and were told the same thing. This is journalism 101. This isn't really going to go anywhere because we're not talking about the same thing. I am not saying this wasn't news. It was and still is. The way you went about reporting it was flawed. Show me another accredited reporter that ran with just a tweet from a guy in Miami without getting a statement either from police report or statement from the team. I doubt you'll be able to. Anyway, onward and upward. 

Carl you can keep saying the same thing over and over again. And you can be wrong over and over again. Both at the same time.

Just want to say @AFJF thanks for posting this blog post. We have criteria here for what we post and what we don't. You did an excellent job.

This is news. You reported news. You got it right. 

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Actually it's better then I thought it was going to be.  He's not accused of throwing a punch.  Sounds like the cop tried to force him to the ground, he pushed the cop away, then got taken down.

More then likely he wouldn't have been charged with a felony if it was a beat cop, but it was a Lt.

Suspect felony will be dropped and he'll plea to disorderly person.  Community service, fine, 1 game suspension.  Just my guess 

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Actually it's better then I thought it was going to be.  He's not accused of throwing a punch.  Sounds like the cop tried to force him to the ground, he pushed the cop away, then got taken down.

More then likely he wouldn't have been charged with a felony if it was a beat cop, but it was a Lt.

Suspect felony will be dropped and he'll plea to disorderly person.  Community service, fine, 1 game suspension.  Just my guess 

Agree but I wouldn't count on just a 1-game suspension.  Goodell is all over the map right now with this stuff.  it will probably start higher, maybe 2, maybe 4 and then possibly get appealed down.  In any case, this just goes to how much trouble this team is in based on character alone.  Even the young guys who have every reason in the world to stay out of trouble (so they can actually get to that first big contract) can't seem to.  I know nobody wins with boy scouts but can we at least sort out a core of players who aren't going to turn up in police blotters, miss meetings, fail drug tests or act like idiots on social media on a regular basis? 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Again, I'm moving on. You're out of your depth here, obviously. Let's move on. 

Yes. I am out of my depth here. I run JetNation and we have been commended by the top level (executive management) of media organizations for how we handle situations like this.

You can move on by not responding. Because I am out of "my depth" so obviously I will keep responding since I am so clueless.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

these morons keep testing the cops until one day they get a psycho cop who blows their brains out. Why people keep pushing the cops patience is beyond stupid and they deserve everything they get 

I had a couple cops pull me over, point 2 guns at my head, frisk me, throw me onto my trunk because my car fit the description of someone who had just robbed someone's house.

I literally didn't say a word unless a question was asked, or made a move unless told to.

Some other cops finally found the right guy shortly after and they apologized and let me go. It is what it is. I didn't go on tv and bitch, or think of running or fighting them at any point. If you're innocent just shut up and it'll work out. If you're guilty, well make life easier and don't fight the arrest.

26 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I had a couple cops pull me over, point 2 guns at my head, frisk me, throw me onto my trunk because my car fit the description of someone who had just robbed someone's house.

I literally didn't say a word unless a question was asked, or made a move unless told to.

Some other cops finally found the right guy shortly after and they apologized and let me go. It is what it is. I didn't go on tv and bitch, or think of running or fighting them at any point. If you're innocent just shut up and it'll work out. If you're guilty, well make life easier and don't fight the arrest.

What would they do if you didn't fit in the trunk? Asking for a friend. 

24 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

That is pretty scary.

When I was a kid in Inwood we were served by the 34th precinct but it was pretty far away. I remember being with my dad when he caught a teenager in the building, I think breaking into an apartment. He ended up holding the kid, my Mom called the police. I sat in the hallway with my Dad as he held this kid. The cops never showed up. So after like 20 minutes my Dad let the kid go and said if you set foot near this building again it is pretty much over for you.

Totally unrelated to this thread and Robby Anderson but it made me think of what a different world it was without video cameras. That said, the kid never came back.

32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He'll either learn from it and we won't hear a peep again or it will be chronic..we will see.

Hopefully he learns from it. Kid has talent. Really wanted him getting stronger this offseason and think he can be a 1,000 yard a year receiver.

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Here's to hoping the details of the report are wrong.  Surprised that this came out hours ago and not a peep from any other NFL source.

If he was out of line and did hit a cop, he can take a hike IMO.

Yea cops are ALWAYS right. ?

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/05/jets_robby_anderson_pushed_officer_fought_back_whe.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

Jets' Robby Anderson 'pushed' officer, fought back when asked to leave concert | See police report

By Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on May 08, 2017 at 10:50 AM, updated May 08, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Jets receiver Robby Anderson was involved in a fight and argument with police Sunday evening when asked to leave a concert in Miami. 

Here's more from the police report, which was obtained by NJ Advance Media: 

[Robby Anderson] was fighting with security after being told to leave. [Robby Anderson]  refused to leave and was told by (officer) to sit on the ground. [Robby Anderson]  tensed his body and pushed (officer). [Robby Anderson]  was redirected to the ground and continued to fight with police and security. DEF arrested. 

Anderson has been charged with one felony count of resisting arrest with violence, and also obstruction of justice. 

ADVERTISING

"We are aware of the situation," a Jets spokesperson told NJ Advance Media. "This is a pending legal matter, and we will have no further comment at this time."

Anderson, 23, signed with the Jets last year as an undrafted free agent out of Temple. He made the team as a long-shot, but quickly found a role on offense when Eric Decker was lost for the season with a shoulder injury. Anderson caught 42 passes for 587 yards and two touchdowns. 

This offseason, the Jets released veteran Brandon Marshall. With Decker still working his way back from shoulder and hip surgeries, Anderson figured to slide in as the No. 2 receiver. Quincy Enunwa and Charone Peake are also expected to compete for playing time. 

Robby Anderson arrested

The Jets already have two players serving suspensions to start the year. Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins will miss the first two games after violating the league's personal conduct policy. Receiver Jalin Marshall will miss the first four games after violating the league's policy for performance enhancing drugs. A third Jet, cornerback Nick Marshall, was also suspended to start the year, but the team waived him on Thursday.

The Jets used two draft picks on receivers earlier this month. They first selected Alabama's ArDarius Stewart in the third round, then Cal's Chad Hansen in the fourth. 

You can view the complete police report below: 

Connor Hughes may be reached at chughes@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @Connor_J_Hughes. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

8 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

LOL what are you guys talking about? If it were just resisting arrest - then maybe someone was hating and set him up for failure... but FELONY resisting arrests means he pushed or struck one of the officers or threatened to hit one of the officers with some type of weapon... im guessing it was the first. I'm not seeing it on any other websites except "before it is news" - so here's to hoping it's bs 

Or maybe some white scumbag cop was pumping his chest and saw a young black kid and tried to dominate him, as they constantly do all over America.  One can be labeled with 'resisting arrest for just raising your voice'. Facts not assumptions, then proceed accordingly before burning Robbie at the stake. 

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Fair enough, but I felt like I was being fair in acknowledging within my very brief article that few details were given, and that we would provide updates, which is, I believe, the way writes kindly say "If this reporter screwed the pooch, we'll let you know as details become available".

Also not a story I would have passed on if not from somebody who would have a reasonable expectation to know.  Verified account from a sports reported in the city where it happened fits that IMO.

You need to shut up already but do continue if you feel the need to be right about something you have no clue about. You sound like Robbie punched you in the mouth.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The guy who reported it has his own radio show down here.  Not the type of guy thats going to post something thats not true.  

This sucks.

I wouldn't get carried away with these 'crimes'. Robbie looks like a good kid. Does he have a previous history of violence? Any previous bumps with the law? This could all be a situation that got a bit passionately overblown. Obstructing justice? LOL that can be labeled for simply telling a cop 'Hey man what's up with that'. Cops are quick to pull the trigger. Just ask the guy in Tulsa recently who was shot for putting his hands up by his broken down SUV.  Jets have lawyers and I'm sure Woody would back this kid up. 

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Ok so security guards at a concert are worse than civilians 'protecting' the Mexican border from illegal immigrants entering the country. These morons are NOT cops and for the most part are looking to start trouble with their dirty looks ? they give bystanders. They are wannabe gangsters and have egos bigger than their fathead butts. 

24 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Or maybe some white scumbag cop was pumping his chest and saw a young black kid and tried to dominate him, as they constantly do all over America.  One can be labeled with 'resisting arrest for just raising your voice'. Facts not assumptions, then proceed accordingly before burning Robbie at the stake. 

Tells everyone here all they need to know about you. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

He had behavioral issues before going to Temple. He also has a lot of that whole poor kid from Miami chip on the shoulder thing.

That's what I meant by odd mentality.

Archived