Robby Anderson Arrested

Maxman

49 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Still no word about why he was asked to leave the concert ...

I read another article that said some artists didn't perform on time, or at all, and the crowd became rowdy. Maybe he got caught up in that? No idea, just speculating.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Hes both.

Amazes me how these idiots who have talent and could make multiple millions of dollars put it all in jeopardy to hang out with their idiot thug friends of the past. Its time to move on Robbie 

I see. You were there right. So you know EXACTLY what happened. What you doing hanging out with thugs?

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont think this is a big deal.  Im not sure if he will miss any games.

Probably hammered and got disorderly.  

The police report noted that there was no indication Anderson was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the arrest (6:20 p.m. on Sunday).

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude is a wanna be thug........if we're gonna harbor thugs at least let them be good ones is Josh Gordon available. 

Cmon JoeWillie lets not get carried away here. Why is this being looked at by so many on here like the kid shot a cop.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Amazes me how these idiots who have talent and could make multiple millions of dollars put it all in jeopardy to hang out with their idiot thug friends of the past.

I mean, he's at a rock concert, not in an alley in the hood.  Presumably him and/or his friends were acting like dicks.  But they didn't hit anyone or get physical, until they were asked to leave, and even then it's not like anyone took a swing at anyone.

My guess is that maybe he gets away without a suspension (I'm assuming this is pled down to a misdemeanor / community service), but a reasonable chance it's 1 game.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Assaulting a police officer is a big deal where I come from we respect the law. 

5 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Trumpland......gotcha

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Has nothing to do with this....did you or do you respect your parents?  

We already had to lock one thread because of the direction it ended up. Lets not do that again.

Just now, Powpow said:

It does...and yes and no.  We live in a democratic society. People are given numerous chances for far worse. And there is a process before making a final  judgement.  Or you can go live in North Korea.

WTF dude?  You are being ridiculous and me and you are done with this conversation. 

Just now, thshadow said:

I mean, he's at a rock concert, not in an alley in the hood.  Presumably him and/or his friends were acting like dicks.  But they didn't hit anyone or get physical, until they were asked to leave, and even then it's not like anyone took a swing at anyone.

My guess is that maybe he gets away without a suspension (I'm assuming this is pled down to a misdemeanor / community service), but a reasonable chance it's 1 game.

wow stop the presses. NFL player acts out at a rap concert and gets 10 years. LOL

This thread is the theater of the absurd.

Nobody here (that we know of) was present to witness what happened so why the concrete opinions?

Slow down, take a deep breath, relax, breath in, breath out, imagine you are on a tropical beach having drinks with Megan Fox........she invites you to her Tiki hut

and then............ pop your cork stfu and stop all the nonsense about a 21 y/o kid none of us ever met who may or may not have done something wrong.

39 minutes ago, Powpow said:

The whole point is was Robbie's arrest justified or not. This whole country is on fire because of how the police treat PEOPLE. Look at Chicago and other cities where atrocities are being perpetrated on innocent civilians. Things will not change until people speak up. When you have posters jumping to conclusions calling him a thug, saying cut him, etc etc etc WITHOUT having all the facts, its incredibly bias and premature. AND if Robbie did have something to do with it, it takes two to tango.  this doesn't appear to be a big deal. Press exploits stuff like this simply because he's a 'celebrity'.  Sad that so many on this site wont back up this kid and derail him at first opportunity they get.

Not sure how I can make this any more clear, this is not the site for that conversation. Speak up all you want. I will add, that anyone who continues to speak up about political issues here, will be banned.

This is not the site for that conversation.

I just want to point out that that dude on the American flight was ordered to leave by cops.  He refused.  They tried to physically remove him, and he resisted / probably fought back / kicked and screamed.  (Of course there it was Chicago PD vs a 60yo, so he got his face busted up... :-) )

If that guy was Robbie Anderson - even assuming that he was being kicked off the plane because he was a dick to a flight attendant - would you still say he's a scumbag / should be off the team?

It seems to me it's not unheard of for a guy to resist / fight back defensively if he thinks he's being treated unfairly by the cops.

I'm sure he'll issue a carefully worded apology in the next day or two, and then I guess we can all decide just how much of a dick he was...

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Not sure how I can make this any more clear, this is not the site for that conversation. Speak up all you want. I will add, that anyone who continues to speak up about political issues here, will be banned.

All I'm saying is no one on this site should jump to the conclusion Robbie was totally in the wrong.

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Has nothing to do with this....did you or do you respect your parents?  

You are headed down a road that is going to end bad. You have made your thoughts known.

This situation needs to play out. Not good what happened, but let it play out and put down the stones.

3 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I just want to point out that that dude on the American flight was ordered to leave by cops.  He refused.  They tried to physically remove him, and he resisted / probably fought back / kicked and screamed.  (Of course there it was Chicago PD vs a 60yo, so he got his face busted up... :-) )

If that guy was Robbie Anderson - even assuming that he was being kicked off the plane because he was a dick to a flight attendant - would you still say he's a scumbag / should be off the team?

It seems to me it's not unheard of for a guy to resist / fight back defensively if he thinks he's being treated unfairly by the cops.

I'm sure he'll issue a carefully worded apology in the next day or two, and then I guess we can all decide just how much of a dick he was...

Exactly. Yet tread carefully as its hard not to be labeled as being political when discussing a highly charged political situation.

4 minutes ago, Powpow said:

All I'm saying is no one on this site should jump to the conclusion Robbie was totally in the wrong.

I am fine with that. I am a huge fan of letting this play out. I root for the Jets so I am rooting for this to be some kind of misunderstanding. Or the worst case being something that gets reduced. I hate the thought of him getting suspended or having legal trouble. Hopefully it works out.

People are quick to blast others for doing wrong. Happens all the time.

I just know that there are some world problems that we aren't going to solve here. :)

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

You are headed down a road that is going to end bad. You have made your thoughts known.

This situation needs to play out. Not good what happened, but let it play out and put down the stones.

Its cool max. Joewillie does his best.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Can I still call Woody a dick if he's in consideration for an ambassadorship?

Oh joy, reading the first and now this thread has been interesting.

I really doubt they are going to cut him, especially since Sheldon is still on the team, and what he did was far more nefarious.   He might get suspended for a game by the NFL, and some lawyer will of course plead this down to a misdemeanor and he'll have an Instagram post about how he's going to rise up from this, moment of weakness, and I will never let you down again hashtags.  

If this was Nick Marshall, I'd start packing bags, and looking into a cheap moving company.  However, Anderson is a big part of this offense, because he's the deep threat.  And in every system.  In every system, they love a speed guy because it has massive effects on a safety for the defense.  Even with the Saints, they went from Stills to Cooks to Ginn.  And right now, our roster isn't filled with speedsters, so I really doubt they are cutting him.   

Decker/Enunwa/Anderson/Stewart/Peake/Hansen is most likely WR group we will see.  Jalin Marshall on the team as a suspended player.  It almost works out better for him, because I think he has a better shot at sticking with the team with the suspension, than without it, because it'll act as a DL spot, and they can wait and see if anyone gets injured.  I think Patton is borderline at this point, and only comes into play if we move on from Decker.   Also, all but guaranteed that someone will get hurt in the pre-season for us.   

Anderson is too young, too talented, and somewhat integral for the future of the offense for him to be cut by this.  People may disagree, and we don't know what exactly happened, but I don't think there is much precedent on a player that I think is valuable being cut for something that will be a misdemeanor is about a week.   

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am fine with that. I am a huge fan of letting this play out. I root for the Jets so I am rooting for this to be some kind of misunderstanding. Or the worst case being something that gets reduced. I hate the thought of him getting suspended or having legal trouble. Hopefully it works out.

People are quick to blast others for doing wrong. Happens all the time.

I just know that there are some world problems that we aren't going to solve here. :)

I hope your optimism is justified but I am of the "where there is smoke, there is usually fire" people. Meaning, you don't see this sort of garbage ever happening to the likes of Dbrick/Fitzpatrick/Mangold etc...

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You are correct and I defended Revis who was ultimately found not guilty.  My opinions are just that opinions I never ever get involved in any political discussions on this forum. 

None of my posts were meant to be political in any way shape or form.  

Im already driving on a new road as we speak. I told Powpow I was done discussing the issue with him. 

joewilly12

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Can I still call Woody a dick if he's in consideration for an ambassadorship?

Leave the ambassador part out. Anything beyond Woody is a dick just uses up too much bandwidth.

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We already had to lock one thread because of the direction it ended up. Lets not do that again.

I ended up deleting it. Mods please be more aggressive deleting posts when this stuff happens. then we will just ban the repeat offenders.

Thanks.

Archived