Robby Anderson Arrested

Maxman

42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way as much as id like to have a man vs food episode every time I go out to eat I cant for various health reasons along with high blood pressure (thanks to the NY Jets) 

Check this place out Crusher 

http://www.saporeravioli.com/gallery.php

I love all food that someone puts their heart and sole in while preparing it for my fat ass. Thank you to all the littler people. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Punk really? He's a kid. Got a lot to learn. I had to learn it too. Has he ever done this before ? 

I don't know. He isn't in college anymore. He is a professional athlete. Even if he was in college or HS, we can't be making excuses for a kid to attack a police officer. That is just enabling the punk lifestyle some of these young athletes admire today. I know we aren't expecting much out of the jets this yr, but it's important to get the environment right. This isn't Rex Ryan's brawlers anymore.

Dam my original thread escalated quick - just read that.... weeded out a bunch of jerkoffs from this forum too. Good stuff.... so he got asked to leave a music festival because him and/or the people he was with were acting up and refused.... then a cop asks him to leave and he pushes said cop... given his job and the fact that the jets are trying to change the culture of the team and the fact that they just drafted 2 talented WRs.... he might get released. What a waste. 

After reviewing the report the language in it is "fugazi" to me.  If Anderson truly assaulted someone
why isn't that simply stated?  Why are the terms "he tensed his body" used instead of "Anderson threw
multiple punches" when he was asked to sit on the ground.  Nothing but respect for any and all police
personnel but this sounds like someone embellished their report to justify an arrest

Just now, KRL said:

After reviewing the report the language in it is "fugazi" to me.  If Anderson truly assaulted someone
why isn't that simply stated?  Why are the terms "he tensed his body" used instead of "Anderson threw
multiple punches" when he was asked to sit on the ground.  Nothing but respect for any and all police
personnel but this sounds like someone embellished their report to justify an arrest

A police report is supposed to describe the events as they occurred.  If he didn't throw any punches, no need to say he did.  If he took on an offensive stance and then pushed the dude, that's all that needs to be said.

As I said before though, I think a plea deal knocks this down and the felony goes away.  The Jets or the league suspend him for a game or two, Robby's agents type up an apology and everyone forgets it happened.

STOP THE PRESSES! FREE ROBBIE ANDERSON.

Let me start this by saying I'm not a cop-hater....I think they got a tough rap and are completely under appreciated......BUT.....I live in florida and have ben reading about this guy Joel Ortiz for literally years (who arrested Robbie).  He is the Miami Police Union Chief and he has been playing fast and loose with the law for years.....this is the second New York jet he has gotten into it with (Jonathon Vilma).....My prediction?  Robbie completely exonerated.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-union-president-javier-ortiz-was-cop-who-fought-arrested-nfls-robby-anderson-9333914

Sportswriters are wringing their hands and moralizing over Robby Anderson, a New York Jets wide receiver who was arrested Sunday night at the Rolling Loud hip-hop festival. Anderson, 23, was booked on charges of resisting an officer with violence and obstruction; an arrest report New Times obtained claims Anderson had been arguing with security guards before getting into a physical altercation with a cop.

"Robby Anderson's arrest is the latest problem for Jets' receivers," an SB Nationheadline read.

But the national press is missing which cop Anderson allegedly had a scuffle with: none other than Miami Lt. Javier Ortiz, the city's police union president, who has a long resumé of ethically dubious actions, excessive-force complaints, and even one Tasing incident at another Bayfront Park music festival. That particular fiasco ended in Ultra Music Festival paying out a $400,000 legal settlement and Ortiz getting banned from the premises until he appealed.

This is also the second time Ortiz has arrested an NFL player. University of Miami legend Jonathan Vilma filed a complaint against Ortiz six years ago, claiming that in 2009, Ortiz went nuts on Vilma during a traffic stop, waved a gun in his face, screamed at him, and arrested him on false charges that were later dropped.

Ortiz did not respond to a message from New Times about his latest high-profile case.

Anderson has not yet spoken out about the incident and has not commented about what happened Sunday night. But the cops allege that Anderson was "fighting with security after being told to leave," and, after Ortiz told Anderson to sit down on the ground, the NFL star allegedly "tensed his body and pushed Lt. Ortiz."

Ortiz's report says Anderson, a 6'3", 180-pound NFL player, was "redirected to the ground and continued to fight with police and security." ("Redirected to the ground," in this instance, is likely code for "tackled" or "shoved.") He was eventually handcuffed and arrested.

Remarkably, the arrest comes barely a month after Ortiz regained his gun and the right to patrol the streets.

In March, the union chief was removed from active duty and stripped of his gunafter a woman whom he'd doxxed — and encouraged his Facebook followers to harass — was granted a temporary restraining order against him. Per departmental policy, cops with active restraining orders against them are placed on desk duty until the order runs out. A county judge later declined to make Ortiz's stay-away ruling permanent. 

The circumstances of Ortiz's latest high-profile case sound eerily similar to two separate incidents in which Ortiz was accused of wrongdoing in the past. In the Vilma case, the football star was charged with both resisting and officer with violence and obstruction of justice — the same infractions as Anderson.

Anderson's arrest also echoes Ortiz's infamous case at Ultra Music Festival in 2011. In that case, Jesse Campodonico, a 27-year-old fitness trainer from New York, was thrown to the ground and Tasered by several officers, including Ortiz. Campodonico later sued, claiming excessive force; Ultra eventually paid out a $400,000 settlement.

The cops on the scene claimed that Campodonico was "yelling profanities, and had a strong scent of an alcoholic beverage,” and then “took a fighting stance and stated “I ain’t afraid of you!” Ortiz wrote the arrest report, as well as a follow-up document called a Response to Resistance Report. He also testified, backing up his claims — but his fellow cops later provided testimony that conflicted with his own.

Then video emerged someone had shot of the arrest, and the footage proved that the events Ortiz depicted in his report could not have happened. 

A local lawyer later filed a complaint about the alleged act of perjury to the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office. The State Attorney admitted in writing that Ortiz's documents were full of "inconsistencies," but never prosecuted the union president for wrongdoing.

Ortiz was banned from Ultra but later mounted a legal fight for the right to work security at Ultra again. And for back pay for the festivals he'd missed.

And now, it appears Ortiz — who could, as union president, choose to drive around in circles and take the easy way out all day — has found himself in the thick of things yet again.

Correction: An earlier version of this story misstated who paid out the settlement to Campodonico; it was paid by Ultra Music Festival.

This guy Joel Ortiz is notorious.....understand what type of cop he is

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/07/13/exclusive-miami-fop-vice-president-accused-of-abusing-power/

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-police-union-chief-javier-ortiz-taken-off-street-over-restraining-order-filed-by-woman-he-harassed-9228363

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-police-union-chief-javier-ortiz-reprimanded-for-doxxing-private-citizen-9005883

http://www.thecrespogram.com/another-case-revealing-that-javier-ortiz-is-a-stalker.html

Ortiz is the biggest lightning rod in all of Miami's law enforcement community. He seems to revel in making controversial, often stomach-churning statements in public: In the past, he has called Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old boy murdered by Cleveland police, a "thug," said the shooting of Alton Sterling by Baton Rouge police was "more than justified," labeled the shooting of Terrence Cruther by Tulsa cops "justified," and made a slew of racist and Islamophobic comments on his social media pages, including calling Islam a "religion that enslaves and allows the beating of women."

Ortiz has been sued multiple times for alleged cases of excessive force. In 2011, he was part of a group of cops that tasered an innocent man at Ultra Music Festival; Miami-Dade County prosecutors said a police report he wrote was "inconsistent" with video evidence captured at the scene. (The Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office declined to prosecute Ortiz for falsifying a report.)

4 hours ago, KRL said:

This is why I dont like this kangaroo court mentality. Innocent until proven guilty. Remember when Darrelle Revis was charged with "terroristic threats"? 

Like, really??? 

You can be charged with all types of sh*t these days. People, let the truth come out first before calling the dude a thug and trying to associate his tattoos with gang affiliation or just all-around thuggery. Just a week ago fans were talking him up, wanting to take pictures, get autographs and have him kissing babies like he was some politician or something lol. Today he's a "thug" and people are searching the internet to find mugshots, halloween gear and all this other stuff. This level of obsession by fans is crazy. Obsession like this is why guys like Calvin Pryor is disrespecting stalker fans harassing him online, Geno is flipping the bird to fans harassing him at the stadium etc. Fans think they can say and do anything. 

Maybe It would be wise for Robby to remember this fact. No matter how famous or wealthy you get my friend, a simple allegation could cause you to have your local country club membership revoked, be labeled a thug, thoroughly reminded that your acceptance is solely based on your talent that others in high areas are making a dime on and the rest can be entertained by. 

And this is why I always supported Revis shrewd business practice. Because the moment he was charged, look how quick people flipped on him before things actually came to light...and this is a Jets legend that never had a history of crime or "terrorism" at that. Maximize your profits and keep it moving, period. 

Anderson will be back in Jets uniform. 2 game suspension MAX, if at all. We really need to find out the details of the case though. Sounds to me like a mountain turned out of a molehill. I expect most of the serious charges to be dropped and a slap on the wrist. As far as the NFL, they will probably follow suit and, like I said 2 game suspension MAX.

What the Jets did in the draft, bringing in Stewart and Hansen will soften the blow of losing Marshall for 4 games- who might have gotten cut anyway, Marshall as a FA to the Giants, and Smith to another injury.

Jets really need to give Steward, Hansen, Peake and Patton some opportunities to show how they can contribute and whether or not they can be an integral part of the WR corps. I feel like Anderson, Enunwa and Decker already proved their worth.    

Kimberley A. Martin‏ @KMart_LI  

Story on Robby's arresting officer, who has "long resumé of ethically dubious actions, excessive-force complaints"

Miami Police Union Chief Javier Ortiz Tackled NFL Player Robby Anderson at Rolling Loud

Sportswriters are wringing their hands and moralizing over Robby Anderson, a New York Jets wide receiver who was arrested Sunday night at the Rolling Loud hip-hop festival. Anderson, 23, was booked on charges of resisting an officer with violence and obstruction; an arrest report New Times obtained claims Anderson had been arguing with security guards before getting into a physical altercation with a cop.

"Robby Anderson's arrest is the latest problem for Jets' receivers," an SB Nation headline read.

But the national press is missing which cop Anderson allegedly had a scuffle with: none other than Miami Lt. Javier Ortiz, the city's police union president, who has a long resumé of ethically dubious actions, excessive-force complaints, and even one tasing incident at another Bayfront Park music festival. That particular fiasco ended in Ultra Music Festival paying out a $400,000 legal settlement and Ortiz getting banned from the premises until he appealed.

This is also the second time Ortiz has arrested an NFL player. University of Miami legend Jonathan Vilma filed a complaint against Ortiz six years ago, claiming that in 2009, Ortiz went nuts on Vilma during a traffic stop, waved a gun in his face, screamed at him, and arrested him on false charges that were later dropped. (Vilma agreed to pay $1,000 to a hospital's trauma center.)

Ortiz did not respond to a message from New Times about his latest high-profile case.

Anderson has not yet spoken out about the incident and what happened Sunday night. But the cops allege Anderson was "fighting with security after being told to leave," and, after Ortiz told Anderson to sit down on the ground, the NFL star allegedly "tensed his body and pushed Lt. Ortiz."

Ortiz's report says Anderson, a 6'3", 180-pound NFL player, was "redirected to the ground and continued to fight with police and security." ("Redirected to the ground," in this instance, is likely code for "tackled" or "shoved.") He was eventually handcuffed and arrested.

Remarkably, the arrest comes barely a month after Ortiz regained his gun and the right to patrol the streets.

In March, the union chief was removed from active duty and stripped of his gun after a woman whom he'd doxxed — and encouraged his Facebook followers to harass — was granted a temporary restraining order against him. Per departmental policy, cops with active restraining orders against them are placed on desk duty until the order runs out. A county judge later declined to make Ortiz's stay-away ruling permanent.

The circumstances of Ortiz's latest headline-making case sound eerily similar to two past incidents in which Ortiz was accused of wrongdoing. In the Vilma case, the football star was charged with both resisting an officer with violence and obstruction of justice — the same infractions as Anderson.

Anderson's arrest also echoes Ortiz's infamous case at Ultra Music Festival in 2011. In that case, Jesse Campodonico, a 27-year-old fitness trainer from New York, was thrown to the ground and tasered by several officers, including Ortiz. Campodonico later sued, claiming excessive force; Ultra eventually paid out a $400,000 settlement.

The cops on the scene claimed Campodonico was "yelling profanities, and had a strong scent of an alcoholic beverage,” and then “took a fighting stance and stated, 'I ain’t afraid of you!'” Ortiz wrote the arrest report, as well as a follow-up document called a Response to Resistance Report. He also testified, backing up his claims — but his fellow cops later provided testimony that conflicted with his own.

Then video emerged that someone had shot of the arrest, and the footage proved the events Ortiz depicted in his report could not have happened.

A local lawyer later filed a complaint about the alleged act of perjury with the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office. The state attorney admitted in writing that Ortiz's documents were full of "inconsistencies," but never prosecuted the union president for wrongdoing.

Ortiz was banned from Ultra but later mounted a legal fight for the right to work security at Ultra again. And for back pay for the festivals he'd missed.

And now, it appears Ortiz — who could, as union president, choose to drive around in circles and take the easy way out all day — has found himself in the thick of things yet again.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-union-president-javier-ortiz-was-cop-who-fought-arrested-nfls-robby-anderson-9333914

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Story on Robby's arresting officer, who has "long resumé of ethically dubious actions, excessive-force complaints"

Miami Police Union Chief Javier Ortiz Tackled NFL Player Robby Anderson at Rolling Loud

"Robby Anderson's arrest is the latest problem for Jets' receivers," an SB Nation headline read.

But the national press is missing which cop Anderson allegedly had a scuffle with: none other than Miami Lt. Javier Ortiz, the city's police union president, who has a long resumé of ethically dubious actions, excessive-force complaints, and even one tasing incident at another Bayfront Park music festival. That particular fiasco ended in Ultra Music Festival paying out a $400,000 legal settlement and Ortiz getting banned from the premises until he appealed.

This is also the second time Ortiz has arrested an NFL player. University of Miami legend Jonathan Vilma filed a complaint against Ortiz six years ago, claiming that in 2009, Ortiz went nuts on Vilma during a traffic stop, waved a gun in his face, screamed at him, and arrested him on false charges that were later dropped. (Vilma agreed to pay $1,000 to a hospital's trauma center.)

Anderson has not yet spoken out about the incident and what happened Sunday night. But the cops allege Anderson was "fighting with security after being told to leave," and, after Ortiz told Anderson to sit down on the ground, the NFL star allegedly "tensed his body and pushed Lt. Ortiz."

In March, the union chief was removed from active duty and stripped of his gun after a woman whom he'd doxxed — and encouraged his Facebook followers to harass — was granted a temporary restraining order against him. Per departmental policy, cops with active restraining orders against them are placed on desk duty until the order runs out. A county judge later declined to make Ortiz's stay-away ruling permanent.

The circumstances of Ortiz's latest headline-making case sound eerily similar to two past incidents in which Ortiz was accused of wrongdoing. In the Vilma case, the football star was charged with both resisting an officer with violence and obstruction of justice — the same infractions as Anderson.

Anderson's arrest also echoes Ortiz's infamous case at Ultra Music Festival in 2011. In that case, Jesse Campodonico, a 27-year-old fitness trainer from New York, was thrown to the ground and tasered by several officers, including Ortiz. Campodonico later sued, claiming excessive force; Ultra eventually paid out a $400,000 settlement.

The cops on the scene claimed Campodonico was "yelling profanities, and had a strong scent of an alcoholic beverage,” and then “took a fighting stance and stated, 'I ain’t afraid of you!'” Ortiz wrote the arrest report, as well as a follow-up document called a Response to Resistance Report. He also testified, backing up his claims — but his fellow cops later provided testimony that conflicted with his own.

Then video emerged that someone had shot of the arrest, and the footage proved the events Ortiz depicted in his report could not have happened.

A local lawyer later filed a complaint about the alleged act of perjury with the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office. The state attorney admitted in writing that Ortiz's documents were full of "inconsistencies," but never prosecuted the union president for wrongdoing.

CMart delivers the goods again

I know it won't happen but the people who trashed Anderson should apologize after the history of this

officer has been revealed.  He's been bad news for years

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Yeah, sure sounds like the "thug" here was Robby Anderson. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, KRL said:
Just now, KRL said:

I know it won't happen but the people who trashed Anderson should apologize after the history of this

officer has been revealed.  He's been bad news for years

My jaw literally hit the floor when I saw that Officer Joel Ortiz was wrapped up in this........This is the second NY Jet he has messed with and the second person at a music festival he has used excessive force on......He went onto Facebook to publish a citizens address and phone number who had filed a complaint against him.  I knew who Joel Ortiz was waaaaaay before he came into contact with Robbie Anderson

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

CMart delivers the goods again

ummmmmmmm.........

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

This guy Joel Ortiz is notorious.....understand what type of cop he is

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/07/13/exclusive-miami-fop-vice-president-accused-of-abusing-power/

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-police-union-chief-javier-ortiz-taken-off-street-over-restraining-order-filed-by-woman-he-harassed-9228363

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-police-union-chief-javier-ortiz-reprimanded-for-doxxing-private-citizen-9005883

http://www.thecrespogram.com/another-case-revealing-that-javier-ortiz-is-a-stalker.html

Ortiz is the biggest lightning rod in all of Miami's law enforcement community. He seems to revel in making controversial, often stomach-churning statements in public: In the past, he has called Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old boy murdered by Cleveland police, a "thug," said the shooting of Alton Sterling by Baton Rouge police was "more than justified," labeled the shooting of Terrence Cruther by Tulsa cops "justified," and made a slew of racist and Islamophobic comments on his social media pages, including calling Islam a "religion that enslaves and allows the beating of women."

Ortiz has been sued multiple times for alleged cases of excessive force. In 2011, he was part of a group of cops that tasered an innocent man at Ultra Music Festival; Miami-Dade County prosecutors said a police report he wrote was "inconsistent" with video evidence captured at the scene. (The Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office declined to prosecute Ortiz for falsifying a report.)

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

STOP THE PRESSES! FREE ROBBIE ANDERSON.

Let me start this by saying I'm not a cop-hater....I think they got a tough rap and are completely under appreciated......BUT.....I live in florida and have ben reading about this guy Joel Ortiz for literally years (who arrested Robbie).  He is the Miami Police Union Chief and he has been playing fast and loose with the law for years.....this is the second New York jet he has gotten into it with (Jonathon Vilma).....My prediction?  Robbie completely exonerated.

"Robby Anderson's arrest is the latest problem for Jets' receivers," an SB Nationheadline read.

But the national press is missing which cop Anderson allegedly had a scuffle with: none other than Miami Lt. Javier Ortiz, the city's police union president, who has a long resumé of ethically dubious actions, excessive-force complaints, and even one Tasing incident at another Bayfront Park music festival. That particular fiasco ended in Ultra Music Festival paying out a $400,000 legal settlement and Ortiz getting banned from the premises until he appealed.

This is also the second time Ortiz has arrested an NFL player. University of Miami legend Jonathan Vilma filed a complaint against Ortiz six years ago, claiming that in 2009, Ortiz went nuts on Vilma during a traffic stop, waved a gun in his face, screamed at him, and arrested him on false charges that were later dropped.

Anderson has not yet spoken out about the incident and has not commented about what happened Sunday night. But the cops allege that Anderson was "fighting with security after being told to leave," and, after Ortiz told Anderson to sit down on the ground, the NFL star allegedly "tensed his body and pushed Lt. Ortiz."

In March, the union chief was removed from active duty and stripped of his gunafter a woman whom he'd doxxed — and encouraged his Facebook followers to harass — was granted a temporary restraining order against him. Per departmental policy, cops with active restraining orders against them are placed on desk duty until the order runs out. A county judge later declined to make Ortiz's stay-away ruling permanent. 

The circumstances of Ortiz's latest high-profile case sound eerily similar to two separate incidents in which Ortiz was accused of wrongdoing in the past. In the Vilma case, the football star was charged with both resisting and officer with violence and obstruction of justice — the same infractions as Anderson.

Anderson's arrest also echoes Ortiz's infamous case at Ultra Music Festival in 2011. In that case, Jesse Campodonico, a 27-year-old fitness trainer from New York, was thrown to the ground and Tasered by several officers, including Ortiz. Campodonico later sued, claiming excessive force; Ultra eventually paid out a $400,000 settlement.

The cops on the scene claimed that Campodonico was "yelling profanities, and had a strong scent of an alcoholic beverage,” and then “took a fighting stance and stated “I ain’t afraid of you!” Ortiz wrote the arrest report, as well as a follow-up document called a Response to Resistance Report. He also testified, backing up his claims — but his fellow cops later provided testimony that conflicted with his own.

Then video emerged someone had shot of the arrest, and the footage proved that the events Ortiz depicted in his report could not have happened. 

A local lawyer later filed a complaint about the alleged act of perjury to the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office. The State Attorney admitted in writing that Ortiz's documents were full of "inconsistencies," but never prosecuted the union president for wrongdoing.

Correction: An earlier version of this story misstated who paid out the settlement to Campodonico; it was paid by Ultra Music Festival.

A psychopathic douche with a badge and gun falsified reports and abused power? No way, not on this planet. All cops are good.

I say no suspension, no fine for Anderson. Jets use this as a warning to others. 

And this is why my very first post was "I hope that there's video of this". Robby Anderson is getting a pass now because this cop has an long history of being a dirtbag. However, if this was a cop that didnt have such a known history then it would be the usual guilty until proven innocent situation and many people would be in their typical "group-think" mentality of "No matter what we obey the law", as if we've never heard of cops taking advantage of that by dealing with people as if they "are the law". 

But as usual, guys like Robby Anderson once alleged OF ANYTHING is immediately labeled a f'ing thug because he's a young guy with the opportunity of making millions playing a sport. lol. Man, it never gets old! lol. 

Seriously, everyone that labled him a thug, put up mugshots, and associated him with being some sort of criminal should apologize. Find him on social media like you guys found Calvin Pryor. ^_^

5 minutes ago, jetrider said:

A psychopathic douche with a badge and gun falsified reports and abused power? No way, not on this planet. All cops are good.

I say no suspension, no fine for Anderson. Jets use this as a warning to others. 

If this same officer pulled the usual stuff with Robby, I agree with you 100%

15 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Hahaha you can't make this stuff up. You clowns can now get off your high horses and get back on your ponies. 

I'm thinking you meant to put this in lol......yeah Ortiz is known ( and Anderson will get a hefty payday out of this if he wants)

My jaw literally hit the floor when I saw that Officer Joel Ortiz was wrapped up in this........This is the second NY Jet he has messed with and the second person at a music festival he has used excessive force on......He went onto Facebook to publish a citizens address and phone number who had filed a complaint against him.  I knew who Joel Ortiz was waaaaaay before he came into contact with Robbie Anderson

2 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Hahaha you can't make this stuff up. You clowns can now get off your high horses and get back on your ponies. 

44 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is why I dont like this kangaroo court mentality. Innocent until proven guilty. Remember when Darrelle Revis was charged with "terrorism"? 

Like, really??? 

You can be charged with all types of sh*t these days. People, let the truth come out first before calling the dude a thug and trying to associate his tattoos with gang affiliation. Just a week ago fans were talking him up, wanting to take pictures, get autographs and have him kissing babies like he was some politician or something lol. Today he's a "thug" and people are searching the internet to find mugshots and all this other stuff. This level of obsession by fans is crazy. Obsession like this is why guys like Calvin Pryor is disrespecting stalker fans harassing him online, Geno is flipping the bird to fans harassing him at the stadium etc. Fans think they can say and do anything. 

Maybe It would be wise for Robby to remember this fact. No matter how famous or wealthy you get my friend, a simple allegation will cause you to have your local country club membership revoked, be labeled a thug, thoroughly reminded that your acceptance is based on your talent that others in high areas are making a dime on and the rest can be entertained by. 

And this is why I always supported Revis Shrewd business practice. Because the moment he was charged, look how quick people flipped on him before things actually came to light...and this is a Jets legend that never had a history of crime or "terrorism" at that. Maximize your profits and keep it moving, period. 

You don't think Revis quitting on us this year had anything to do with the way people reacted to his transgression? If he was still playing at a high level I would be like," man, why dem white boys gotta be messing we D Rev?" Instead I was like," F Revis, punk ass quitter, punk ass." Hard to give a crap about a guy that doesn't give a crap about us. I always root against the bad guy. It's a thing. 

3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

I just banned Joel Ortiz from Jetnation for life. " Bacon and Hamburger Helper for Breakfast Bitches!!!"

This guy is such a turd

The citizen's traffic stop happened January 29 when Castillo pulled Miami-Dade Police Officer Daniel Fonticella over on the Dolphin Expressway. Videos of her chastising the officer for driving above the speed limit have garnered more than 2.1 million views.

The stunt sent Ortiz into a tizzy. In a February 2 post on Facebook, he found a picture of Castillo holding a canned drink on a boat and posted that his followers should "call Claudia Castillo at her cell... and let her know drinking and driving on a boat isn'tsafe." 

Castillo told internal investigators that the drink was a Pepsi and that she thought Ortiz was trying to imply she had been drinking a beer.

Ortiz posted at least seven other times about Castillo on Facebook and Twitter using photos he found of her on the internet, according to internal affairs investigators. When Facebook removed one of the posts after filmmaker Billy Corben reported it as harassing, Ortiz simply reposted it. (Facebook later took it down a second time.)

Internal investigators agreed with Castillo that Ortiz broke the rules. Investigators substantiated complaints of improper procedure and discourtesy against Ortiz, at one point finding him in violation of rules that are "grounds for dismissal, suspension, and demotion." 

But IA's final report indicates Ortiz received only a reprimand. A Miami Police spokesperson declined to discuss the finding.

Ortiz says he plans to appeal the reprimand as a violation of his First Amendment rights. 

"This woman is a danger to my members and law enforcement as a whole... She's an officer safety risk pulling over a vehicle on the side of I-95," he says in a text message. 

Castillo, for her part, calls Ortiz — who has made national headlines with his outspoken approach — "a crooked, dirty cop" and "a bad example of what a good officer can be." She believes the police department could have made the best of the situation by showing the community that it takes complaints like hers seriously, and she's disappointed that it chose not to.

like I said early on in this thread. Miami-Dade PD is sketchy at best. I had a lot of dealings with them over the years. It turns out as I expected to be a big juicy nothing burger. He will probably still get a suspension of a game or 2 anyway.

Archived