Robby Anderson Arrested

Maxman

49 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You don't think Revis quitting on us this year had anything to do with the way people reacted to his transgression? If he was still playing at a high level I would be like," man, why dem white boys gotta be messing we D Rev?" Instead I was like," F Revis, punk ass quitter, punk ass." Hard to give a crap about a guy that doesn't give a crap about us. I always root against the bad guy. It's a thing. 

Of course, but did Robbie quit on this team? What's the excuse when we have people associating and guy who didnt quit on the team like this? Alleging that he and his friends are thugs, posting mugshots, finding prison suits and saying "Im going to be Robby Anderson for Halloween", etc. 

At the end of the day, football is a sport. If grown men cant recognize the difference between field performance and situations that can wreck peoples personal lives and entire families, even if he was a terrible on the field, then it's hard to look at that level of judgement and think that these people are ACTUALLY mature. 

I remember reading the forum back when Revis was going through his situation and fans were happy that he could be put away....because he seemed to have quit on the team playing a sport. 

That's ridiculous to me even if that was their excuse...which it probably was. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Of course, but did Robbie quite on this team? What's the excuse when we have people associating and guy who didnt quit on the team like this. Alleging that he and his friends are thugs, posting mugshots, finding prison suits and saying "Im going to be Robby Anderson for Halloween", etc. 

At the end of the day, football is a sport. If grown men cant recognize the difference between field performance and situations that can wreck peoples personal lives and entire families, even if he was a terrible on the field. Then it's hard to look at that level of judgement and think that these people are ACTUALLY mature. 

I remember reading the forum back when Revis was going through his situation and fans were happy that he could be put away....because he seemed to have quit on the team playing a sport. 

That's ridiculous to me even if that was their excuse...which it probably was. 

I was strictly referring to your Revis comment. Guy is a Dick and I'm going to assume the worse because it feels good. I gave my opinion on Robbie in the thread and it's pretty much same as yours. So go get your big jar of greasy slimy mayonnaise and go make a sammich. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

I was strictly referring to your Revis comment. Guy is a Dick and I'm going to assume the worse because it feels good. I gave my opinion on Robbie in the thread and it's pretty much same as yours. So go get your big jar of greasy slimy mayonnaise and go make a sammich. 

I know what you were strictly referring to. My problem is, fans arent being consistent if that's the case. Robbie Anderson was one of the rare highlights on offense last season and the only thing promising from the young WR class of last year in terms of production. 

You treat a guy as bad or worse than you treat Revis...a guy who, for the sake of arguing,  totally deserved the backlash? 

The mugshot, prison suits and thug reference was just poor taste. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I know what you were strictly referring to. My problem is, fans arent being consistent if that's the case. Robbie Anderson was one of the rare highlights on offense last season and the only thing promising from the young WR class of last year in terms of production. 

You treat a guy as bad or worse than you treat Revis...a guy who, for the sake of arguing,  totally deserved the backlash? 

I get your point but even if he was a nobody, he got what he deserved. 

Bow many times have you been arrested? Me? Never. 

And i never will. He acted like an ass so he made his bed

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

You should get arrested for having a big mouth and nothing coming out of it other than your vomit ? 

16 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Point is, we dont know what happened. What we do know is that the acting officer has a history of harassing people, and in particular NFL players, to the point that action was taken against this officer by individuals on the receiving end of his harassment and by the precinct who took away his gun. 

How did Robby make that bed? 

I have no problem with talking about the situation, but the assumptions and referring to him as a thug based on nothing factual gives off a strong sense of predisposition. 

And no, I've never been arrested, but I've been thrown in a jail cell twice against my wishes, which was for the cops to "do their jobs and fight crime, and leave me the heck alone" 

But of course, I probably deserved that bed. -_-

Given Robbie's tattoos, etc. my guess is that he was a UDFA because he had some "issues," possibly who he associated with.

His mugshot also did not look lihe he had been training.  I would have expected a thicker neck.  I have a thicker neck.  I also train (and work a fulltime job).

Hopefully he has his stuff together.

Bizarro twist to story ... Arresting cop had a run in with Vilma in the past ... 

Cop who arrested Jets' Robby Anderson has checkered past

Robby Anderson
Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson speaks to reporters in the locker room of their training facility in Florham Park, N.J. Anderson has been charged with resisting arrest and obstruction of justice after police say he fought with security officials after being asked to leave a Miami music festival. A Miami Police Department arrest report says 23-year-old Robby Anderson refused an order by a police lieutenant to sit on the ground and pushed the officer and other officials at the Rolling Loud festival Sunday evening, May 7, 2017. (AP Photo | Seth Wenig)
Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on May 09, 2017 at 11:21 AM, updated May 09, 2017 at 11:55 AM

The officer who arrested Jets receiver Robby Anderson at a concert in Miami on Sunday has a bit of a checkered past, according to the Miami New Times.

Back in March, Lt. Javier Ortiz, who's the police union president, was removed from active duty and stripped of his gun after a judge granted a woman a temporary restraining order against him. According to the report, Ortiz doxxed the woman, and encouraged his Facebook followers to harass her. A county judge later declined to make Ortiz's stay-away ruling permanent.

This incident was just the latest on Ortiz's rather troubling resume, the Miami New Times found.

In 2009, ex-Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma filed a complaint against Ortiz where he accused him of going "nuts" at a traffic stop. Vilma said he "waved a gun in his face, screamed at him, and arrested him on false charges that were later dropped."

In 2011 at the Ultra Music Festival, 27-year-old Jesse Campodonico was thrown to the ground and tasered by several officers, including Ortiz. Campodonico sued and claimed excessive force. Ultra settled.

Here's more from the Miami New Times' findings:

The cops on the scene claimed Campodonico was "yelling profanities, and had a strong scent of an alcoholic beverage," and then "took a fighting stance and stated, 'I ain't afraid of you!'" Ortiz wrote the arrest report, as well as a follow-up document called a Response to Resistance Report. He also testified, backing up his claims -- but his fellow cops later provided testimony that conflicted with his own.

Then video emerged that someone had shot of the arrest, and the footage proved the events Ortiz depicted in his report could not have happened.

A local lawyer later filed a complaint about the alleged act of perjury with the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office. The state attorney admitted in writing that Ortiz's documents were full of "inconsistencies," but never prosecuted the union president for wrongdoing. Ortiz was banned from Ultra but later mounted a legal fight for the right to work security at Ultra again. And for back pay for the festivals he'd missed.

What Anderson's arrest means for Jets WRs

According to the police report obtained by NJ Advance Media, Anderson is accused of "fighting" with security when asked to leave the Rolling Loud Festival. Security asked Anderson to sit on the ground. Anderson refused and "pushed" Ortiz. Security then forced Anderson to the ground where he "continued to fight with police and security."

Anderson has been charged with one felony count of resisting arrest with violence, and also obstruction of justice.

You can view the complete police report below:

51 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

100% agree with that. Didn't catch your point at first. 

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

Given Robbie's tattoos, etc. my guess is that he was a UDFA because he had some "issues," possibly who he associated with.

His mugshot also did not look lihe he had been training.  I would have expected a thicker neck.  I have a thicker neck.  I also train (and work a fulltime job).

Doesn't appear his "issues" were tattoo / associated with related.  

By DAVE CALDWELL   NOV. 26, 2016

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Just two years ago, Robby Anderson had been dismissed from college and was back home in Florida. He applied for jobs at Walmart and a rental car company, without much luck. This, in his words, represented rock bottom.

What Anderson really wanted to do was play football again, because he thought he was good enough to eventually earn money doing so. But he first had to improve his grades at a community college, and undergo an attitude adjustment.

“I just realized I was kind of ungrateful for my opportunities — I didn’t make the most of what I should have made the most of, and it humbled me,” Anderson said. “I just had to hope and wish and pray for an opportunity to make this right.”

Anderson, 23, said this as he sat in the Jets’ locker room after a practice last week. The Jets have lost seven of 10 games as they head into Sunday’s home game against the New England Patriots, who are 8-2, but his rookie season has been a success in every way. Anderson, a receiver, has started six games and has caught 22 passes for 270 yards.

“Sometimes it feels like I’m in a dream — I’m in the N.F.L., I’m starting,” he said. “It’s crazy to me a little bit. But this is something I always wanted, and I’m living it now. I just want to get used to it and stay as long as I can.”

Anderson was undrafted, in large part, because he was ruled academically ineligible in 2014 at Temple, but he made the Jets’ roster this year because he was fast, precise, efficient and fearless. Anderson led the N.F.L. in receiving yards during the preseason, and when Eric Decker was lost for the season with shoulder and hip injuries, Anderson became a starter.

Jets Coach Todd Bowles, who also played at Temple, said of Anderson: “I knew we went to the same school, and I knew he was fast and I knew caught a lot of deep balls, but I didn’t know much else. I didn’t know he was that good of a receiver from a route-and-hands standpoint and going up and getting the ball until he got here.”

Matt Rhule was the coach who had to tell Anderson to leave Temple, and Rhule said the news stung him as much as it did Anderson. Rhule said his wife, Julie, began crying when he told her Anderson was leaving. He had been so kind to their children.

“I think he kind of realized that this can be taken away from you,” Rhule said in a telephone interview last week. “He had to spend some time on himself.”

It was Anderson’s second exit from Temple. He had been a standout receiver and defensive back at South Plantation High School near Fort Lauderdale, Fla., but Illinois and Indiana were the only Power 5 colleges to offer him a scholarship. He was 6 feet 3 but only 168 pounds.

Steve Addazio, Temple’s coach at the time, recruited Anderson as a cornerback, and he was redshirted for a season before playing mostly on special teams in 2012. Addazio left to coach at Boston College, and Anderson later decided to quit the team.

“When he first got there, he was extremely homesick,” said Rhule, who was an assistant under Addazio before he returned to become the head coach in December 2012. “He didn’t take to many people. He hung out in his room. I think when he was home, he realized what he was missing.”

Anderson said: “My first two seasons at Temple, I was frustrated. I was on the bench, sitting behind people who weren’t better than me — you know? I didn’t feel like I was getting a fair shot to play. I needed to have a new start somewhere else.

“With Coach Rhule coming in, I feel like I didn’t give him or the new coaching staff a chance. That’s my fault.”

When Anderson asked Rhule in late summer if he could return to the team as a wide receiver, Rhule agreed — but he did not hand Anderson his scholarship back. Anderson was in the starting lineup by the fifth game of the 2013 season and finished with 44 catches and nine touchdowns.

It was a breakout year, but Temple dismissed him because he fell short of the university’s academic standards.

“It was an eye-opening experience for him, especially when football season came around and he was watching his teammates,” said Kim Schubert, his mother. “I think all of us were shocked, but it lit a fire under him.”

He enrolled at Valencia College, near Schubert’s house in Orlando, and earned his associate degree, putting him back in good academic standing at Temple. He re-enrolled, completed some summer school classes and was reinstated to the team for the 2015 season.

“If I didn’t have my mom, I wouldn’t be where I’m at now,” Anderson said. “She told me that nothing in life that is worth having is going to come easily.”

Schubert added, “His mind-set is like night and day.”

Anderson caught 70 passes for 939 yards and seven touchdowns for the Owls last season. Rhule is convinced that Anderson would have been drafted in April had he been able to play in 2014 and accumulate material for a highlight video to send to N.F.L. teams.

Bowles had seen Anderson play a few times at Temple, though, and Jets scouts told Bowles that Anderson had skills, potential and, probably most important, speed.

Quincy Enunwa, a receiver who was drafted by the Jets in 2014, said: “I remember him coming here — he had the tools but didn’t know how to use them. He was like a sponge, always looking to learn.”

Anderson stuck with the team, saying, “I didn’t take nothing for granted.”

He added: “I know in my heart that if I didn’t make some of the mistakes I made, without a doubt I would have been drafted. But it’s not always about being drafted. It’s about making the 53-man roster. I’m happy with my path and my journey. It’s made me a different person.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/sports/football/new-york-jets-robby-anderson-wide-receiver.html?_r=0

1 hour ago, varjet said:

He played for temple that's why he went undrafted.  I know Reddick got drafted in the first round but Anderson playing well as a rookie probably had something to do with that

56 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Today's news is encouraging, but I am still not thrilled that Anderson put himself in this situation. I doubt Robby was minding his own business when all of this transpired, but I guess we will have to wait to see how this unfolds. 

I have heard him get interviewed he seemed like a nice kid.  These things happen

13 minutes ago, thadude said:

He played for temple that's why he went undrafted.  I know Reddick got drafted in the first round but Anderson playing well as a rookie probably had something to do with that

With all these guys from Temple playing in the NFL do you really think that Reddick got drafted because of Anderson?

Temple
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Robby Anderson New York Jets Wide Receiver
Dion Dawkins Buffalo Bills Guard
Kyle Friend Pittsburgh Steelers Center
Nate Hairston Indianapolis Colts Cornerback
Matt Ioannidis Washington Redskins Defensive End
Praise Martin-Oguike Miami Dolphins Defensive End
Tyler Matakevich Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker
Brandon McManus Denver Broncos Place kicker
Bernard Pierce Denver Broncos Running Back
Haason Reddick Arizona Cardinals Linebacker
Brandon Shippen Los Angeles Rams Wide Receiver
Phillip Walker Indianapolis Colts Quarterback
Martin Wallace New York Giants Offensive Tackle
Tahir Whitehead Detroit Lions Linebacker
Muhammad Wilkerson New York Jets Defensive End
Tavon Young Baltimore Ravens

Cornerback

http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/t

"In 2009, ex-Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma filed a complaint against Ortiz where he accused him of going "nuts" at a traffic stop. Vilma said he "waved a gun in his face, screamed at him, and arrested him on false charges that were later dropped."

This is all you need to know.. Throw in the many other complaints about this cop and it's clear he's nuts. Anderson probably could have done some things different but these scumbag cops do exist.  

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Thread TLDR: Fans will both tear down and Endlessly excuse the actions of players on the team they root for.

Least shocking outcome ever.

If the cops a dick then the cops a dick. 

31 minutes ago, MTJ06 said:

With all these guys from Temple playing in the NFL do you really think that Reddick got drafted because of Anderson?

Temple
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Robby Anderson New York Jets Wide Receiver
Dion Dawkins Buffalo Bills Guard
Kyle Friend Pittsburgh Steelers Center
Nate Hairston Indianapolis Colts Cornerback
Matt Ioannidis Washington Redskins Defensive End
Praise Martin-Oguike Miami Dolphins Defensive End
Tyler Matakevich Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker
Brandon McManus Denver Broncos Place kicker
Bernard Pierce Denver Broncos Running Back
Haason Reddick Arizona Cardinals Linebacker
Brandon Shippen Los Angeles Rams Wide Receiver
Phillip Walker Indianapolis Colts Quarterback
Martin Wallace New York Giants Offensive Tackle
Tahir Whitehead Detroit Lions Linebacker
Muhammad Wilkerson New York Jets Defensive End
Tavon Young Baltimore Ravens

Cornerback

http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/t

And the two best players on that list by far are Wilkerson and Anderson

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

The weirdest thing about all of this is, based on what all of these reports are now saying regarding this police officer's history, how is it that a police officer can even get the opportunity to establish a "long resumé of ethically dubious actions, excessive-force complaints" to begin with? Like how does that even happen? lmao. Seriously, if you think about that, how ridiculously funny is that situation to begin with? This is an individual that is supposed to uphold the law, which comes with a great deal of responsibility, atleast we are told. How does someone with that level of responsibility get the opportunity to have such a crummy work history and still be on the job?

Probably because he hasnt gotten a fraction of the outrage that Robby Anderson received just for being accused of something while being a NY Jet at the same time. lol. 

Gotta love society and it's priority management lol.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

The weirdest thing about all of this is, based on what all of these reports are now saying regarding this police officer's history, how is it that a police officer can even get the opportunity to establish a "long resumé of ethically dubious actions, excessive-force complaints" to begin with? Like how does that even happen? lmao. Seriously, if you think about that, how ridiculously funny is that situation to begin with? This is an individual that is supposed to uphold the law, which comes with a great deal of responsibility, atleast we are told. How does someone with that level of responsibility get the opportunity to have such a crummy work history and still be on the job?

Probably because he hasnt gotten a fraction of the outrage that Robby Anderson received just for being accused of something while being a NY Jet at the same time. lol. 

Gotta love society and it's priority management lol.

He's the union rep, that's how.  Hassling Jets (Vilma, Anderson) probably isn't particularly unpopular in Miami. 

35 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He's the union rep, that's how.  Hassling Jets (Vilma, Anderson) probably isn't particularly unpopular in Miami. 

I get Vilma, everyone probably knew him down there but who the heck would know who Robby Anderson is?

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't think the first thing out of his mouth was "Do you know who I am?"

he could tell them and they still probably wouldn't know.  he was a backup rookie from Temple, not many people have any idea who he is even if he told them.

9 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Point is, we dont know what happened. What we do know is that the acting officer has a history of harassing people, and in particular NFL players, to the point that action was taken against this officer by individuals on the receiving end of his harassment and by the precinct who took away his gun. 

How did Robby make that bed? 

I have no problem with talking about the situation, but the assumptions and referring to him as a thug based on nothing factual gives off a strong sense of predisposition. 

And no, I've never been arrested, but I've been thrown in a jail cell twice against my wishes, which was for the cops to "do their jobs and fight crime, and leave me the heck alone" 

But of course, I probably deserved that bed. -_-

Ok maybe it was a dick cop. They exist. You're right let's wait n see

Archived