So Hernandez's murder conviciton was set aside...

Beerfish

Her father had total control over his actions and knowing that his actions would affect his child.  If hernandez played football and pulled down his pro football player cash then his child would be well provided for.  He chose to be a killer.  just like any criminal makes choices that can affect not only themselves.

I understand his actions were god awful, but that should predict the future of his children who had no Regards of what he was doing

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

33 minutes ago, goober36 said:

I understand his actions were god awful, but that should predict the future of his children who had no Regards of what he was doing

Such BS.

The daughter should not benefit from assets that should rightfully belong to others due to her fathers illegal acts.

No one is killing or jailing the daughter and her life will be as good as she makes it herself. Society does not owe her her fathers money because something something bleeding hearts. 

Its the same stupid false-logic as immigration, where we supposedly owe illegal kids cizizenship for the illegal acts of their parents, literally the only time we allow those who engage in illegal acts to profit from those acts. 

If I stole a car,society does not owe my child that car because they "didn't know me stealing it was wrong".

Such BS.

The daughter should not benefit from assets that should rightfully belong to others due to her fathers illegal acts.

No one is killing or jailing the daughter and her life will be as good as she makes it herself. Society does not owe her her fathers money because something something bleeding hearts. 

Its the same stupid false-logic as immigration, where we supposedly owe illegal kids cizizenship for the illegal acts of their parents, literally the only time we allow those who engage in illegal acts to profit from those acts. 

If I stole a car,society does not owe my child that car because they "didn't know me stealing it was wrong".

I get where you are coming from but he didn't steal no car. Like it or not, he earned money from being athletically gifted, he didn't steal it.

I'm not trying to stand up for Hernandez, he's a piece of sh*t. But he respectively made his money from being an above average football player.

4 hours ago, goober36 said:

nobody is saying throw her in the slammer or anything like that obviously.  But why should she get any money versus the families who died?

but as i said - the only folks getting rich here are his lawyers. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Such BS.

well put.  (excluding the illegal immigration part which isn't a part of this story)

nobody is saying throw her in the slammer or anything like that obviously.  But why should she get any money versus the families who died?
but as i said - the only folks getting rich here are his lawyers. 

They will get money from civil court. Everyone will get their share from his money

On 5/9/2017 at 6:13 PM, Integrity28 said:

This. He killed himself because of this loophole to screw the victims families.

A scumbag in life and a scumbag in death.   If there were any justice, his daughter should be sentenced to be the Lloyd family maid -- or butler if she is butch enough.

On 5/9/2017 at 0:42 PM, Charlie Brown said:

I tried to like this but couldn't...... but I had to let you know that I wanted to.... :) 

You've just got to loosen up and lower your standards a little bit.  You'll like it -- I promise.

On May 9, 2017 at 2:35 PM, kdels62 said:

Do you need him to be post-humously labeled a criminal according to the law and not just the court of public opinion? If it is true that this ensures his daughter some more cash from his former employer does it matter that he's innocent on a piece of paper? 

The 2000 election for the leader of the Free World:

Public Opinion says Gore won, but the LAW and the authority of the SCOTUS "labeled" Bush the President, and it was so.

In a criminal and civil system highly dependent on precedent, it DOES matter. INTEGRITY matters. Our institutions, much like our American society, are eroding away the one pillar that usually outlasts them all: Integrity.

What occurred here is pretty much: Know the Rules to the Game and you can take advantage of the system . . . . 

McGovern: Aaron Hernandez cheats justice for Odin Lloyd family

050917hernandez007.jpg?itok=TbHn79k7

Aaron Hernandez is an innocent man.

That’s not according to a jury or a judge or to the thousands who watched when the fallen New England Patriot was found guilty of first-degree murder just two short years ago. It has nothing to do with evidence or any kind of constitutional right.

No, Hernandez is innocent because he killed himself in a state that still follows an antiquated legal rule that will likely remain on the books. Common law, in this case, overpowered common sense.

Abatement ab initio is an all-or-nothing legal doctrine that requires a conviction to be vacated when a defendant dies during a pending appeal. The idea is that it’s fundamentally unfair to uphold a conviction that was untested by a higher court.

“Abatement remains the law in this commonwealth, and the court is compelled to follow binding precedent,” Judge E. Susan Garsh said yesterday.

In some situations that justification may make sense, but here all it does is cause pain and confusion.

Bristol prosecutors convicted Hernandez after a massive trial that sparked headlines and captured the attention of the entire nation. They powered through defense-friendly rulings from Garsh and pieced together a story with only one conclusion — that Hernandez murdered Odin L. Lloyd on June 17, 2013.

Garsh, in her own right, presided over what seemed like an appeal-proof verdict. Her rulings were tough but fair, and when a controversial issue arose, she issued oral and written decisions that would have law professors nodding in approval.

But none of that matters. Garsh was forced to throw it all away because she wasn’t going to break from a string of precedent she is bound to follow.

Bristol prosecutors are upset, and they have every right to be. They are going to appeal Garsh’s decision all the way to the state’s highest court, and they are going to fight to add some sensible exemptions to the blanket rule.

“To allow the defendant to exploit this outdated rule in Massachusetts undermines confidence in the fair administration of justice, and the victim’s and the community’s right to the integrity and respect of a jury’s verdict,” Bristol District Attorney Thomas Quinn III said after the decision.

Quinn is right to take aim at the law, but his office is going to lose if the Supreme Judicial Court even chooses to hear the pitch. The precedent is clear and has been upheld at least four times by the high court.

Beacon Hill doesn’t seem too interested — or outraged enough — to make any changes. State Sen. William Brownsberger, chairman of the Joint Judiciary Committee, said he hasn’t heard of any new bills seeking to challenge or change the common law rule.

And, speaking as an attorney, he said he has no problem with the status quo.

“I think it’s fine the way it is,” the Belmont Democrat said. “It can’t depend on whether the defendant killed himself. If that was the case, we would have to have a full trial as to whether that happened. There’s no time for that. The matter is closed.

That’s where this chapter in the Hernandez saga will end. Odin Lloyd was murdered in a hail of bullets, and now his mother, Ursula Ward, has to live with the reality that his killer had his record wiped clean.

Aaron Hernandez gained a state of innocence by hanging himself, and his legitimate conviction was buried with him.

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

A scumbag in life and a scumbag in death.   If there were any justice, his daughter should be sentenced to be the Lloyd family maid -- or butler if she is butch enough.

Aaaaaah, the old adage of "Let the son pay for the sins of the father." Ever a fair, rationale, and just ideology if I've ever heard one. <sarcasm>

They do still have that type of indentured servitude in Nicaragua, El Salvadar, and Guatemala last I was informed. 

Archived