Kapernick - why the hell not?

PavlovsDogs

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, thadude said:

The owners aren't touching Kaep for the same reason they aren't touching Tim Tebow.  Why bother with all that trouble for a JAG?

In the Jets case we have been  so successful we don't need to take chances on any players with the  exception losers and bum QB's. 

8-30 Josh McCown (last 10 years)

1 hour ago, adb280z said:

Every game I have ever been to I have seen people fail to remove their hats, continue to play with their phones and continue their conversations.  

Political protest is as American as it gets.  He got attention for his cause and put some money where his mouth was.  That's much better than a scumbag like Richardson.

That's ignorance. I have to remind the younger Firemen that when we're on a detail in uniform and the National Anthem is played, they are supposed to come to the position of attention, and if covered render hand salute. Ive taught my son's to remove their cover and stand quietly at rest (you put your hand over your heart for the Pledge, not the Anthem but I at least appreciate the effort). Many people haven't been taught that, and that's shame on their parents.

But that a$$hole chose to take a ******* knee to spite this nation, and did it when honoring those that died on 9/11. There's a big difference between being inattentive or rude, and being purposefully disrespectful.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

The owners aren't touching Kaep for the same reason they aren't touching Tim Tebow.  Why bother with all that trouble for a JAG?

That's part of it, but it's not what's going on.

There are only a few things that can bring the league to its knees.  What he did is one of them.  And it will be stopped.  And it will never happen again.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yes

Kaepernick is bad for business.  These are $1,000,000,000 investments.  If Kaepernick was good, He's be signed 

If Kaep was good he would've kept his job all along and the bitter attention-grabbing sideshow act disguised as a bigger cause would have never been born.

Mediocre QB who sh*t all over my fellow veterans and active/reserve duty service members game in and game out? He can get ****ed - I hope no team picks him up, and if they do, i hope he gets injured on the very first play ending his season and career. He doesn't deserve another shot... absolute pos in my mind and many other patriots of this fine nation. 

Just now, Fantasy Island said:

Nope, Mark Sanchez is not here anymore.

In all reality there have been many worse QBs than Sanchez - and the big reasons he declined while on the team was 2 things - 1. The jets basically got rid of his offensive line that was strong and replaced it with bullsh*t. 2. Let Braylon Edwards walk when he did, and let Dustin Keller go (2 of his fav targets) - also his run game was gone... they had thomas jones and ladanian tomlinson/shonne greene.... and after that - bleh.... Sanchez threw a lot of picks and whatnot - but that's because he had no time to throw. When he had weapons around him, and time to throw, he was serviceable (not terrible)

4 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

In all reality there have been many worse QBs than Sanchez - and the big reasons he declined while on the team was 2 things - 1. The jets basically got rid of his offensive line that was strong and replaced it with bullsh*t. 2. Let Braylon Edwards walk when he did, and let Dustin Keller go (2 of his fav targets) - also his run game was gone... they had thomas jones and ladanian tomlinson/shonne greene.... and after that - bleh.... Sanchez threw a lot of picks and whatnot - but that's because he had no time to throw. When he had weapons around him, and time to throw, he was serviceable (not terrible)

Taking this into consideration, why is he not a starter today?

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Taking this into consideration, why is he not a starter today?

The jets crippled his progression was also my point. Who knows? Had they kept the team intact and/or replaced the o-line with good players - maybe Sanchez would be a starter in the league or still on the jets 

3 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

The jets crippled his progression was also my point. Who knows? Had they kept the team intact and/or replaced the o-line with good players - maybe Sanchez would be a starter in the league or still on the jets 

He cared more about posing for GQ  than football.   He was just another dud from USC like Darnold will be.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

In the Jets case we have been  so successful we don't need to take chances on any players with the  exception losers and bum QB's. 

And they'd rather have an 8-30 record mentor the young guys over one that went to the Superbowl, and would have won it if not for the lights going out that broke momentum and a bad missed pass interference call call by refs on the 9'ers last drive. 

However, the reality is that if the jets aren't winning then the entire season will be about the knee, and Kaep and the overall team  talent are not good enough to make such a turn around. Winning cures everything, and we're not winning this year

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sooooo Kaepernick?

Kaep is a bottom tier starting calibre QB in the league, and is basically akin to Fitzpatrick in overall level.  Read he's about the 28th to the 35th best QB in the league by most measures.  The only reason you hang on to that level of talent is if he's payed like a backup, he's very young or if he brings intangibles, leadership and mentoring to the young guys.

None of those applies to Kaep who wants to be payed like a starter, isn't young, and doesn't seem like he wants to play and causes a media ruckus.

So yea, it doesn't make sense for any team, especially when his ceiling doesn't seem very high.

Kaps agent says he was contacted by 3 teams ...funny thing is Kaps Girlfriend, who probably gets her information from the man himself, said he has not been contacted by any teams, zero. 

This idiot ruined his career by bashing our country and its flag ... no matter how broken our country may be in so many ways you simply do not bash what it's supposed to stand for in a sporting event, especially a sporting event run by the elite that probably call most of the shots.

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Kaps agent says he was contacted by 3 teams ...funny thing is Kaps Girlfriend, who probably gets her information from the man himself, said he has not been contacted by any teams, zero. 

This idiot ruined his career by bashing our country and its flag ... no matter how broken our country may be in so many ways you simply do not bash what it's supposed to stand for in a sporting event, especially a sporting event run by the elite that probably call most of the shots.

Maybe the well being of his people is more important to him than being a qb, making millions, his public reputation and being quiet when what a flag stands for seems to fall short when it comes to his people. 

That's actually commendable and is praiseworthy given that ultimately money and popularity is not more important than his people. Muhammad Ali was considered an idiot in his day as well when he was stripped of his accolades, reputation and prime boxing years given a similar, yet more public stance.

I guarantee that if anyone would have asked him before he died was it worth it his answer would be "without a doubt". Yet 50 years later this stance is still looked at in such a ridiculous asinine light, that exposing when what your country stands for doesn't apply to you and yours you suddenly hate your country. Same thing was said about Ali from the mid 60's to early 70's. However as people mentally matured they realized that all Ali tried to do was make the thought of the flag and the reality of things the same. 

Anyone who's mature enough can clearly see that what Kaep was doing was not just similar, but by the very definition he did EXACTLY what the "pledge of allegiance to the United States" says to do when you make that pledge to the flag. By that fact, he's not being just a great citizen but doing something more than just for himself (putting at risk personal gain) but for the well being of his people and fellow country men. That's the definition of being an American isnt it? If Americans are more concerned about the sport than the well being of fellow Americans then how "American" are they really? Seems like they're more concerned about well-being of the sport than they are their own country men. If I sit a watch a man put everything of that stature at risk for a message, Im going to atleast listen to him and not immediately place him in the "he hates his country and troops" category for the sake of being dismissive. That's not what fellow Americans do, or should I say, that's not what we "stand for". right? (since we're talking about people taking "a knee").

It takes a huge set of onions to do that when understanding the world you live in. And yet, that's more important than guaranteeing yourself employment in the NFL if that's what it comes down to. 

If he never gets a job in the NFL again, that's basically putting what he did in the same category as not ever giving Ray Rice a job or Aaron Hernandez a job again given what they did. 

Are these situations really equivalent? 

16 minutes ago, kelly said:

Kaepernick - why the hell not ? "..

a6278ddd6b172f63b62ee431d1e4850e.jpg

...because i do Not like Graffiti on men.

cheers ~ ~

:beer: 

Calling that "graffiti" is being kind.

Is that a worm farm look he's going for on his back?

I wonder if anyone is buying his jersey for their 5 year old?

15 hours ago, rammagen said:

this is what is wrong. He did not stand for the anthem  does that constitute disrespecting troops. Nope and as a Army vet I have no issue with that, it also does not mean he hates America. This is a conservation mentality. I do find some of his views hysterical especially about Che being a hero because he met with Malcom X.

What has he said bad about the US instead this is right as long he does not instigate a riot or cause harm or impedes someone else's beliefs. He did not do that either.

Everyone acts like he is the first sports person not to stand for the anthem, guess what he is not the first there either anyone rember the 90s?

https://theundefeated.com/features/abdul-rauf-doesnt-regret-sitting-out-national-anthem/

Dislike because he sucks, dislike him for his views but to say he hates America and disrespected anyone is not entirely correct. Where are the people who are saying this when I was in the Army getting mocked in the 80s? or the Vietnam Vets who got spit on.

As a vet and as an american I may not agree with everything he says  but I put my money where my mouth is by serving and that allows him the right whether I or anyone else agrees or not to peacefully protest.

Over half the people complaining have not served I asked people at bars  and at events and I get a blank stare back when I ask were in the serivice, the same way I say he has his rights I would defend yours also for the same behavior

100% agree. This is America, not a dictatorship or banana republic. 

Archived