Kapernick - why the hell not?

PavlovsDogs

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, August said:

Don't play dumb. 

Playing dumb? The only thing dumb was your post. Every time the national anthem is played, from preschool to every sporting event, everyone is asked to stand, remove their hat, and be quiet in honor of the flag and our country. Please explain how kneeling is in any way an honor to anyone??

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

He already did with the "fraud" card. lol. 

See, Im trying to let it go, and this is how you respond? I don't agree with you one bit, I think you are dead wrong, and you don't agree with me, I am trying to move on, no purpose arguing, and you have to take this dig? Speaks volumes about you as a poster, lol. Go ahead, last word me, I don't give a flying fk.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

See, Im trying to let it go, and this is how you respond? I don't agree with you one bit, I think you are dead wrong, and you don't agree with me, I am trying to move on, no purpose arguing, and you have to take this dig? Speaks volumes about you as a poster, lol. Go ahead, last word me, I don't give a flying fk.

then let it go. I didnt quote you. 

You think im dead wrong and said that only idiots support this situation (obviously including me as being such an idiot) and I thought your fraud position was dumb. 

If I didnt quote you, then im allowing you to let it go. We're all having a conversation here, dont make the suggestion that I cant talk to others who are also referring to your dumb position. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

You can let it go. I didnt quote you. 

You think im dead wrong and said that only idiots support this situation (obviously including me as being such an idiot) and I thought your fraud position was dumb. 

If I didnt quote you, then im allowing you to let it go. We're all having a conversation here, dont make the suggestion that I cant talk to others who are also referring to your dump position. 

Holy hell, you replied to his reply to me, and flat out said I was dumb. Your out of your mind dude. Let it go. 

Just now, NoBowles said:

Holy hell, you replied to his reply to me, and flat out said I was dumb. Your out of your mind dude. Let it go. 

I dont have to let it go, I didnt excuse myself from the conversation. I quoted him, if you have a problem with that then that's too damn bad. You wanted to excuse yourself from our conversation. I didnt quote you in order for you to go your way. However, if you're going to read my quotes sent to others then reply to me then thats your problem. 

I never said I was letting this go. You did. Either do what you said or lets continue the convo. But dont expect me not to quote someone when im in agreement with what they said. I will provide any quote/example I want to provide. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I dont have to let it go, I didnt excuse myself from the conversation. I quoted him, if you have a problem with that then that's too damn bad. You wanted to excuse yourself from our conversation. I didnt quote you in order for you to go your way. However, if you're going to read my quotes sent to others then reply to me then thats your problem. 

I never said I was letting this go. You did. Either do what you said or lets continue the convo. But dont expect me not to quote someone when im in agreement with what they said. I will provide any quote/example I want to provide. 

@Maxman Im really trying to move on, but I don't think its too much to ask for him to not reply to someone replying to me, and call me dumb. We don't agree, I want to move on, he wants to keep at me. Ill put him on ignore, but I just want it noted that this is what he does, and he does it all the time.

7 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

@Maxman Im really trying to move on, but I don't think its too much to ask for him to not reply to someone replying to me, and call me dumb. We don't agree, I want to move on, he wants to keep at me. Ill put him on ignore, but I just want it noted that this is what he does, and he does it all the time.

You told him. Now, do what you "actually said" for a change. And for the record, I called your position dumb. Comprehend what you're reading. 

19 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Playing dumb? The only thing dumb was your post. Every time the national anthem is played, from preschool to every sporting event, everyone is asked to stand, remove their hat, and be quiet in honor of the flag and our country. Please explain how kneeling is in any way an honor to anyone??

Yeah you're playing dumb. No need to respond (watch he respond anyway)

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You told him. Now, do what you "actually said" for a change. And for the record, I called your position dumb. Comprehend what you're reading. 

He's playing dumb/trolling. 

6 minutes ago, August said:

Yeah you're playing dumb. No need to respond (watch he respond anyway)

5 minutes ago, August said:

I dont understand your premise, I don't understand how kneeling for the national anthem can ever be done to honor anyone. Its like saying, how about if I kick someone in the nuts as an honor to them........so I'll move along, enjoy.

8 minutes ago, August said:

All of this outrage because he "interrupted our entertainment with a silent knee", is the only fraud I've seen regarding this so far. And to think people actually believe we've progressed beyond where we were 60/70 years ago when taking a silent protest with a knee is now equivalent to hating the US, troops, being a fraud and everything else this man's been called. 

This should seriously be called "The knee heard around the world" lol. That's how out of control this has become. 

You know what wont be addressed though? The reason behind the knee. 

4 hours ago, August said:

He can't help himself. 

And people dont think about what they say as well, because if they did they'd notice all of the double standards within their logic. Let me explain. Everyone is bent out of shape because by Kaep taking a knee and not standing he allegedly introduced his "particular view". And though we all know that's bullcrap, lets use that situation just to set the foundation. 

If you "stand" wouldnt that also be introducing particular views? So, how is it that 70,000 people can stand, and in essence introducing their views, but Kaep taking a knee is now attacked for doing what everyone in the stadium was actually doing, which was introducing their particular views?

That right there proves that people are not dealing with the reason behind the knee, but the fact that he simply didnt follow suit. And because he didnt follow suit he's been demonized for it, while at the same time having the reasoning behind the knee ignored by introducing all of this noise and making him the focal point and not the issue. 

You cant tell me that "this isnt the proper forum" to take a knee but be perfectly okay with people taking a stand at the very same forum. 

That's called being a hypocrite. 

People dont think, they just react through emotions and open their mouths with half thought-through opinions...none of which was handled with any level of critical thinking or compassion.  

Jets fans should be unified in not wanting Kap to come to the Jets. If you hate what he did, then you don't want him, and if you support what he did and think he's being blackballed, you wouldn't want him to come here where he'd fail miserably and justify the point of view that he simply sucks. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And people dont think about what they say as well, because if they did they'd notice all of the double standards within their logic. Let me explain. Everyone is bent out of shape because by Kaep taking a knee and not standing he allegedly introduced his "particular view". And though we all know that's bullcrap, lets use that situation just to set the foundation. 

If you "stand" wouldnt that also be introducing particular views? So, how is it that 70,000 people can stand, and in essence introducing their views, but Kaep taking a knee is now attacked for doing what everyone in the stadium was actually doing, which was introducing their particular views?

That right there proves that people are not dealing with the reason behind the knee, but the fact that he simply didnt follow suit. And because he didnt follow suit he's been demonized for it, while at the same time having the reasoning behind the knee ignored by introducing all of this noise and making him the focal point and not the issue themselves. 

You cant tell me that "this isnt the proper forum" to take a knee but be perfectly okay for people to stand at the very same forum. 

People dont think, they just react through emotions and open their mouths with half thought-through opinions...none of which was handled with any level of critical thinking or compassion.  

Sheeple

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That right there proves that people are not dealing with the reason behind the knee, but the fact that he simply didnt follow suit. And because he didnt follow suit he's been demonized for it, while at the same time having the reasoning behind the knee ignored by introducing all of this noise and making him the focal point and not the issue themselves. 

You cant tell me that "this isnt the proper forum" to take a knee but be perfectly okay with people taking a stand at the very same forum. 

I went to the Jets/Bills game week 17 and there were people SITTING during the anthem. But Kaepernick kneeling was a "problem". I wonder if everyone that sat that day was "disrespecting the flag and the armed forces"

27 minutes ago, August said:

I went to the Jets/Bills game week 17 and there were people SITTING during the anthem. But Kaepernick kneeling was a "problem".

Well, of course. They're fans, and fans can do and say whatever they want without consequence for their actions or non-actions, while at the same time micromanaging players performances on and off the field, while finding and harassing them on social media, calling them anti-american because they interrupted our "holy Sunday entertainment", saying that he picked the wrong forum to take a knee and make such a statement while everyone else is standing making their very own statement at that forum etc (except for those fans who can obviously sit through the anthem with no consequence from other neighboring fans). 

You cant make this up. 

I've literally heard every excuse I think is possible. The funniest so far has to be the "He's interrupting our entertainment". In all of my years, I've never heard that one before. That has to be a new low for sure. 

22 minutes ago, August said:

I went to the Jets/Bills game week 17 and there were people SITTING during the anthem. But Kaepernick kneeling was a "problem". I wonder if everyone that sat that day was "disrespecting the flag and the armed forces"

1a3x6v.jpg

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, of course. They're fans, and fans can do and say whatever they want without consequence for their actions or non-actions, while at the same time micromanaging players performances on and off the field, while finding and harassing them on social media, calling them anti-american because they interrupted our "holy Sunday entertainment", saying that he picked the wrong forum to take a knee and make such a statement while everyone else is standing making their very own statements at that forum etc (except for those fans who can obviously sit through the anthem with no consequence by neighboring fans). 

You cant make this up. 

I've literally heard every excuse I think is possible. The funniest so far has to be the "He's interrupting our entertainment". In all of my years, I've never heard that one before. That has to be a new low for sure. 

And we wouldn't have known this had that reporter never asked him why he was kneeling. But let them tell it "he's disrespecting the troops"

The media blew this entire thing up just like everything else, but it doesn't change the fact that he chose to kneel during the National Anthem. 

Most Americans know the importance and the true meaning of the Anthem and thats why many feel the way they do about it. 

God Bless America!

15 minutes ago, August said:

And we wouldn't have known this had that reporter never asked him why he was kneeling. But let them tell it "he's disrespecting the troops"

Yet another reason why you know that their issue has nothing to do with his "view". They never even listened to what the man said. How do you get "he hates america and the troops" from this...?

speaking of the troops, how does he "hate the troops" yet says what he says regarding his concern for the troops at the 2:25 mark? There are alot of pretend patriots on the internet that just like to smear this guy because it's easy to do. 

Bottomline, people need to start acting their adult age and deal with the topic at hand instead of acting like this guy did the most blasphemous thing by taking a knee at a football game. 

The guy sucks...if you are rebuilding a team why would you bring this clown in when he is likely to distract our young kids slow the chances of us seeing if our young qbs can be anything and give quite literally no benefit to the team...we already have a proven loser as our backup qb we don't need another one. Before someone mentions the Superbowl he played in this guy rode on Alex Smith's success with a very good team around him.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

23 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The guy sucks...if you are rebuilding a team why would you bring this clown in when he is likely to distract our young kids slow the chances of us seeing if our young qbs can be anything and give quite literally no benefit to the team...we already have a proven loser as our backup qb we don't need another one. Before someone mentions the Superbowl he played in this guy rode on Alex Smith's success with a very good team around him.

Now this is just funny. Good to atleast be talking football again, but "riding on Alex Smith's success"? Who do you think you're kidding with this statement? 

Alex Smith first good season in the league didnt come until his 6th year with the team. By his 7th year he was replaced and by his 8th he was in Kansas City. What success are you talking about? 

Im not going to argue the fact about Kaep's performance as of late, Kaep seems to have been the beneficiary of Harbaugh's offensive mind as well as the group around him given that when Harbaugh left and the talent around him depleted, he also fell off the map. 

To be fair, Alex Smith also got better under Harbaugh as well as when the team got better talent wise, and when he went to KC he went to a QB guru in Andy Reid as well as working with one of the more talented groups in the entire NFL. 

Outside of the "knee heard around the world", purely from a football point of view, I'd rather have Kaepernick on this team than Josh McCown. Atleast Kaep as a QB has proven that he responds to good coaching and good talent around him. Josh McCown has been in the league for 1000 years and has played on every team except the Jets and has proven to be the exact same QB matter the situation. 

That Alex Smith statement was indeed hilarious though. 

Now this is just funny. Good to atleast be talking football again, but "riding on Alex Smith's success"? Who do you think you're kidding with this statement? 
Alex Smith first good season in the league didnt come until his 6th year with the team. By his 7th year he was replaced and by his 8th he was in Kansas City. What success are you talking about? 
Im not going to argue the fact about Kaep's performance as of late, Kaep seems to have been the beneficiary of Harbaugh's offensive mind as well as the group around him given that when Harbaugh left and the talent around him depleted, he also fell off the map. 
To be fair, Alex Smith also got better under Harbaugh as well as when the team got better talent wise, and when he went to KC he went to a QB guru in Andy Reid as well as working with one of the more talented groups in the entire NFL. 
Outside of the "knee heard around the world", purely from a football point of view, I'd rather have Kaepernick on this team than Josh McCown. Atleast Kaep as a QB has proven that he responds to good coaching and good talent around him. Josh McCown has been in the league for 1000 years and has played on every team except the Jets and has proven to be the exact same QB matter the situation. 

If I'm not mistaken Alex Smith played and won more games that season than kaepernik and got sidelined with a winning record. Again they both had a very good team around them.

10 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

If I'm not mistaken Alex Smith played and won more games that season than kaepernik and got sidelined with a winning record. Again they both had a very good team around them.

Yet it was Kaep that took over for the remainder of the season, won the playoff games that Smith couldnt and got to a superbowl that they were running away with before the lights went out for 35 minutes which destroyed the momentum along with a final drive completely riddled defensive pass interference with no calls from the refs. If they "both had good teams around them" like you said, then no need to make it seem like Kaep was riding Smith's coattail. 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What makes you think Kap would have that in place in New York?

What makes you think he can run a regular NFL offense?

What makes you think he wouldn't be a distraction when he's benched and his many radical followers, including Shaun king who happens to write columns on race, decide to bash the jets for not starting him?

Kap is the exact opposite of what this team needs right now. If we were in the cusp of a playoff run and was just missing a QB, then MAYBE... but when you're rebuilding he's the last player you want on this roster. 

Is it really that important to you for this team to win 7 games instead of 5?

9 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Calling that "graffiti" is being kind.

Is that a worm farm look he's going for on his back?

I wonder if anyone is buying his jersey for their 5 year old?

"..I wonder if anyone is buying his jersey for their 5 year old ? "...

The%20Tattooed%20Lady.jpg

Yet it was Kaep that took over for the remainder of the season, won the playoff games that Smith couldnt and got to a superbowl that they were running away with before the lights went out for 35 minutes which destroyed the momentum along with a final drive completely riddled defensive pass interference with no calls from the refs. If they "both had good teams around them" like you said, then no need to make it seem like Kaep was riding Smith's coattail. 
[/url]  

Weren't the ravens wrecking the 49ers before the lights went out? This guy is not a good nfl qb, he never was and never will be. He is not an asset on any team we should stay away.

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What makes you think Kap would have that in place in New York?

What makes you think he can run a regular NFL offense?

The only things that I think is that I think Kaep is better than McCown, and for 6 million I think we could have also got Kaep who I think is a better QB. Im not saying that I wanted him, everyone knows who I wanted (and I bet NY doesnt down too bad to Glennon right now after what Chicago just did), but if I had to choose between McCown and Kaep, I'd pick Kaep.

What makes you think he wouldn't be a distraction when he's benched and his many radical followers, including Shaun king who happens to write columns on race, decide to bash the jets for not starting him?

What makes you think the team you root for will cave in to what beat writers write? And if you think that your team would, then why would you even root for such a team? Either way, I didnt see anyone writing columns bashing the Jets for not starting Geno Smith due to race. Furthermore, I didnt see Kaep being a distraction in California for not starting because of race. 

This has alot to do about nothing really. 

Kap is the exact opposite of what this team needs right now. If we were in the cusp of a playoff run and was just missing a QB, then MAYBE... but when you're rebuilding he's the last player you want on this roster. 

So in otherwords, we are stuck with what we've always had for the majority of the decades after Namath. So THAT'S what we need? 

Is it really that important to you for this team to win 7 games instead of 5?

Im not interested in my team losing football games. Im looking for them to win as many as possible because the goal isnt to suck for Darnold, its to win a Superbowl. 

15 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Weren't the ravens wrecking the 49ers before the lights went out? This guy is not a good nfl qb, he never was and never will be. He is not an asset on any team we should stay away.

No, they werent. And he may not be a good NFL QB, but he's proven to be better than Josh McCown. When has McCown ever been an asset to the 20 teams he played for....yet it's okay to sign that POS QB? Kaep played in important games and had key moments where he's won games off of his individual performances against teams like the Packers etc. 

You name me a time when Josh McCown did that? Oh wait, Josh McCown is the QB Lovie Smith made sure to play in week 17 when he was trying to lose the game in order to secure Jameis Winston. Talk about highlights....

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The proper forum based on who's view? 

When you have these same issues throughout the history of this country to varying degrees with the same social group, people get tired of hearing about other people's thoughts on the "proper forum". When's the last time you paid attention to that forum, with the same amount of time as you have with this situation? 

I could pretty much guarantee that more people (though in an effort to criticize Kaep) have spent more time dealing with this situation than they have going to the "proper forum" as it has been put. 

Also, what you think this country stands for is based on your history within this country. Your history/experience is different than others. This is why you can find groups of people who will immediately suggest that police need to get the upmost respect given what they sacrifice to protect us. However, you can have an entirely different group of people that have experienced something completely different than you while at the same time having those who are on the opposite side of such an experience find it unnecessary to entertain "proper forums" given that their experience simply tells them that police are to be given the upmost respect given their sacrifice to protect us, while at the same time ignoring people who are telling you that their experiences are not the same as yours. 

The only time when many of these people take notice is when something interrupts their entertainment. THEN what happens is that people are pissed because their "entertainment" has been interrupted with sh*t that could be dealt with in the proper forum, though lets be honest, who pays attention to those forums? Because if attention was paid, then this would have never gotten to people's form of "entertainment". 

Spare me the bull. 

That social group needs to take care of business within themselves. Everyone is on a level playing field now no matter how much people want to argue to the contrary. So you spare me the bull . If someone does not want to get arrested or be in a situation with a police officer the answer is simple do what the police officer tells you and STFU and maybe none of this sh*t ever happens then and only then if someone is wrongly accused they can then voice their problems in a lawful way. If I get pulled over wrongly and I'm told to put my hands on the ******* steering wheel and STFU I'm not going to reach into my jacket or like a complete moron and get shot. I'll do what the cop says and deal with him later. Its really comes down to common sense.

Growing up in Brooklyn when I was a kid My friends and I were walking down 67 th street at night and we saw some cop cars all of a sudden like 10 cops start running towards us throw us up aganist the wall and cuff us all with a women screaming that.s them those are the guys. I was scared sh*tless and had no earthly Idea WTF was going on when a man walked up to us and said those are not the Kids and finally got the women to agree as well. They were pretty rough with us and when they let us go we did not get an apology the cops just walked away and said go on get lost you guys are ok. Guess how many of the 4 of us resisted the Cops or didn't listen to what they said ??? ZERO.... we all did what we had to do and did not inflame the situation further. So yeah I was on that end of a wrongful accusation, its horrible, but its easy to avoid further problems by just listening and shutting the fcuk up. 

I'm not a prejudice person, not in the least but when people break the law I could really give a sh*t less what happens to them. There's good and bad in very ethnic group and if they can't deal with what a cop tells them to do when being arrested then too damn bad because how many times has a cop laid his life on the line to deal with a criminal or save a persons life that you never hear about ?

Archived