Cheaters Gonna Cheat

JetPotato

31 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Funny, I don't remember him going through the protocols, or this even being reported on the injury list. You know, the things REQUIRED BY RULE.

Might just be a Goodell-Giselle conspiracy though. :rolleyes:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19402426/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-dealt-concussions-according-wife-gisele-bundchen

hmmm how they get out of this one?  call her a liar is only logical solution or maybe Belicheat will get all scientific on us with a billboard and explain how barometric pressures effects the ability to actually sustain or even have a concussion? in fact there is no such thing as concussions at all.

every team will try to bend rules and hide injuries.  w/ that said, NE has been caught too many times and they should get a big punishment.  Losing multiple draft picks at least, they pretend like they care about players w/ regards to concussions(when in reality they only care about lawsuits) so if this is true they need to really drop the hammer.

they did the same thing with edelman in a game in 2015.  the guy was knocked silly but never went out.  and the thing is it was more than a little obvious he wasn't too steady after the hit.  it's just pure bs on the part of the nfl.  krafty has made his team worth 6 billion and he's not about to get its value knocked back by playing by the rules.

What makes anyone think the NFL is actually going to do anything about the Pats not playing by the rules? The worst they will do is fine them and dock them a draft pick. Hardly a deterrent for any team.

Cheat, win, get wrist slapped, cheat, win....and so on.

Due to the repeat-offense nature of things I believe it's only right that:

1. Brady and Belichick should both be handed lifetime bans from the NFL.
  2. The Patriots should lose all their draft picks in 2018 and their first round pick in 2019.
  3. The clip of Brady's "We're going to score only 17 points?" video must be played at the start - and in a loop all during halftime - of every Pats home game this year.
  4. After every game, but before hitting the showers, Kraft has to do atomic sit-ups into Marcus Cannon's enormous, sweaty asscrack. And no taking it easy on Bob: Marcus really has to spread 'em. So fans can be sure NE is complying (since no one can trust them) this, too, must be televised live and then rebroad on the jumbo screens during every timeout and change of possession for the next 3 seasons. Kraft can escape this last punishment by paying Odin Lloyd's family $40m. 

When Brady's cell phone threatened to expose their cheating, the phone was destroyed.

Does Gisele get the same treatment? Too bad Hernandez is dead, but maybe his buddies could help out ...

I don't believe this was an accident or an inadvertent disclosure. When Gisele stated:

"He had a concussion last year. He has concussions pretty much every -- I mean, we don't talk about it. He does have concussions," Bundchen said on "CBS This Morning" on Wednesday.

I believe this was planned by Gisele and Brady to warn the Patriots not to involve Tom in a cover up and to place him on protocol when he has concussions. Gisele doesn't want a concussion-impaired husband in the years going forward. Who does?

It will be interesting to see what the NFL does...simple solution: Just ask Brady if it is true and if not, why would his wife make a public statement he has concussions? 

Most of the comments in this thread seem to assume that if/when Brady suffers a concussion, he runs and tells the team "I hurt my head, please put me in the concussion protocol and sit me out for the next couple of weeks at least".  I doubt very much that that is how he operates.  Brady always wants to play. Giselle's comments tell me that she does not feel the same way.  

22 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

She will be the end of his career, he says he wants to play to 45, that's BS. It wouldn't surprise me if he retires in 2 years maybe one if they win another SB. Screw the cheats.

She has even said in the same CBS interview that she worries about his health with that leading up to leaking the concussion story ..she will most likely have him retired in 2-3 years. Brady is not going till 45..42 sounds better.

3 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Most of the comments in this thread seem to assume that if/when Brady suffers a concussion, he runs and tells the team "I hurt my head, please put me in the concussion protocol and sit me out for the next couple of weeks at least".  I doubt very much that that is how he operates.  Brady always wants to play. Giselle's comments tell me that she does not feel the same way.  

I believe this to be true - but the concussion protocols are there to protect the player even from himself.

Aside from breaking the rules (what a shock!) if Brady is having concussions and not telling the team, then he needs to be disciplined for it....will it happen?....LOL....

Technically it's the leagues responsibility to assess concussions in games.  I think what's obvious  is that every footballl player in the league hides the severity from the doctors, so it's really hard to catch them unless it's a severe concussion and they're drooling.

of course medically a concussion is a very simple thing, and if you are too draconian about definitions almost every play in football results in a concussion and some sort of mild brain trauma, so that's why it really has to be indépendant doctors that are in charge of assessing things.

7 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

There is no chance that the star QB has a concussion and the team is unaware. Don't be naive.

Archived