Ads are back in place

The video player only appears for guests. Make sure you are logging in and you will see less ads. We did extensive testing and we don't see any redirects or sound playing automatically.

Fingers crossed but everything looks good now and the speed test we performed seemed fine.

We are doing a server upgrade next week that will make the site faster in general (that isn't ad related just a general upgrade).

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 10:38 AM, Maxman said:

Someone let me know about this over the weekend. I had ad code in place from the old network and I am working to get that removed this week.

Thanks.

I started having full page pop-up ads on mobile again too.

On 5/17/2017 at 3:06 PM, Maxman said:

The video player only appears for guests. Make sure you are logging in and you will see less ads. We did extensive testing and we don't see any redirects or sound playing automatically.

Fingers crossed but everything looks good now and the speed test we performed seemed fine.

We are doing a server upgrade next week that will make the site faster in general (that isn't ad related just a general upgrade).

Thanks!

Sound played automatically for me this morning. Also, on mobile there's now a permanent ad stuck to bottom of phone browser for NYJ tickets and NFL team rosters.

Thanks guys I will take a look at get it sorted out today.

Very frustrating but we were in this FOX Sports ad network and they just pulled back all 3rd party ads. And word on the street is they might not be paying for June ads. Fun stuff.

But I will get these current issues sorted out.

14 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I still have the footer add, plus a huge one on top for:

• NY Jets Radio
  • New York Jets Merchandise
  • New York Jets tickets
  • 50% Off NY Jets Ticvkets
  • Watch NFL Online
  • New York Jets Jerseys

On Mobile? What kind of device? Tablet or phone? O\S?  

Not sure what is serving those ads up but I will find out, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

On Mobile? What kind of device? Tablet or phone? O\S?  

Not sure what is serving those ads up but I will find out, thanks.

I'm on an iphone. 10.3.2

Pop ups seem to have stopped though.

41 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'm on an iphone. 10.3.2

Pop ups seem to have stopped though.

Thanks. I think the pop up was coming from the Sovrn footer ad which I removed.

We seem to have some rogue mobile ad code in place that is causing the other issues. I will get it fixed, thanks.

The one up top is as an ad. I'm going to change the size tomorrow. To try and make it a little smaller.

The thing on the bottom I should have removed completely tomorrow. It's a footer and that is bringing in a whopping .03 cpm. Bye bye.

I found the footer code on mobile. It will be removed soon. Cleaned a few other things up that would make the sure faster as well.

The last issue will be fixed in the am. I have new code for the ad up top I will put in a more mobile friendly option.

Thanks everyone.

This should definitely be fixed now, please let me know if there are any issues.

1. That footer code was hardcoded into the template and has been removed.

2. The ad that had the links on mobile is gone completely. I have to put another ad up there, but I am looking for a smaller \ mobile friendly option.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman

Max, the "congratulations iPad user you won a $1000 gift card" is back and is super aggressive. Promotefine.com?

I just disabled all forum ads. This will sound silly but let me know if you see it again. Want to make sure it isn't something else. Thanks.

So here is what I did:

• Removed all mobile ads. The site makes less money that way but there have been too many problems with them. So until I find a better solution I will leave all mobile ads off.
  • When we find a mobile ad solution that is safer, we will put it on for guest only. Membership is free and has its privileges. :)
  • To balance things out a bit, I put in an extra ad on each page that only guest see. The top ad is also smaller for members as opposed to guests. Seriously if you are reading this as a guest, sign up.
  • The only ad code we have in place is for desktops. There is no ad code for tablets or mobile phones. If you are on a mobile device and you see an ad please screen print it for me and post it in this forum.

I hope this takes care of the problem. Thanks everyone for your patience.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This was five minutes ago. Is this something on my end? Settings or whatnot?

IMG_0647.PNG

Tom what device are you on? What is the operating system?

Desktop phone tablet?

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

iOS. Happening on both my iPad and iPhone. I cleared cache and turned cookies off, all that stuff.

Thanks Tom. It is very strange, we don't have a single ad running on a tablet device or a phone. Do you see any ads when you scroll through the site? Maybe a desktop ad is leaking through.

Anyone else having a problem? I have been on my phone all morning and it has been good.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks Tom. It is very strange, we don't have a single ad running on a tablet device or a phone. Do you see any ads when you scroll through the site? Maybe a desktop ad is leaking through.

Anyone else having a problem? I have been on my phone all morning and it has been good.

Definitely strange. I just did the new updates (literally just now) on both iPhone and iPad so maybe that'll fix it. Interesting is that I downloaded an ad blocker onto the iPad just prior to that, opened JN, then instantly got redirected to that same site. I checked on the Apple Service boards and all they say is to clear the history. Only happening on this site.

I added some mobile ads in, here is why... I think maybe you are seeing an ad that you aren't supposed to and that's what is causing the problem.

There are now two small mobile ads. Not sure if this will work but please keep me posted.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

I added some mobile ads in, here is why... I think maybe you are seeing an ad that you aren't supposed to and that's what is causing the problem.

There are now two small mobile ads. Not sure if this will work but please keep me posted.

Thanks.

I'm getting the full page redirects constantly again.

6 hours ago, ECURB said:

I got a "battery draining" pop up ad on my phone...

I don't even mind pop ups... Just mind that they direct to scam/virus sites.

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'm getting the full page redirects constantly again.

What device \ O\S?

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Max, I haven't seen the ads since you made those adjustments and the site actually seems to be loading much faster. Thanks, brother

Thanks Tom, that is good to hear. I have been on from my phone non-stop I haven't had any issues either.

Archived