Buccaneers agree to deal with free-agent Ryan Fitzpatrick

joewilly12

22 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Like Kaepernick you are entitled to your thoughts. Too bad you think that the willingness to die for Americans and others you may never meet is not greater than you do. Too many make the ultimate sacrifice for you to enjoy the Jets on Sunday's in the fall.

thanks for being a living cliche and proving my point

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

First and foremost thank you for the responsible response.  You disagree with me without being disagreeable and I really do appreciate that.

Second I don't hate Fitz at all. I followed Fitz carefully since his days in Buffalo, since I used to live there.

I for one wanted him brought in initially and was happy the Jets got him.  I just think he did an awful job last year that impacted the entire team.  Indeed while many out here say so and so had the worst game they ever saw, the statistics show that Fitz Chief's game was it's own category, read for yourself:  https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ryan-fitzpatrick-just-earned-the-lowest-pff-grade-weve-ever-given-a-qb/

Third bad QB play today is not like it was when I was kid and Namath was under center.  Then RBs for example were far more influential to winning then in today's pass happy NFL. Poor QB play today can bury a franchise.  I dare say that you swap out Fitz for Brady or a Rogers and I bet you we make the playoffs last year at least and that is taking into account all of the injuries we had, poor OL play and bad drops by WRs.

So yes it is a team game, but with the current rules which are designed for so so play across the board you must have a solid QB to compete and Fitz didn't do the job. And no I don't blame Fitz alone, its a team game as you correctly state but when you are the man in charge when things don't go well you have to take the primary responsibility for the outcomes. 

you know, here's the thing.  i don't think it was fitz' fault but more the way the jets signed him right at the beginning of training camp.  in the meantime geno made his play to control the team and imo some of the more vocal players resented fitz coming on board so late.  had he been there for the otas things propbably would've turned out different.  as i said, there are lots of reasons why they didn't do well. marshall missed a ton of plays and enunwa wasn't quite as open as he was in 2015.  losing decker didn't help.

and i'm certainly not advocating bad qb play or bad play at any position.  but i do think this whole qb issue has been way overblown.  give me a guy like griese or even russell as opposed to some gunslinger type. i think once the team starting doing badly fitz tried to win games on his own.  that's something he couldn't ever do.

8 hours ago, thadude said:

Well he sucked in the most important game of the 2015 season. was horrible last year and then acted like a prima donna p_ssy when he got benched after playing poorly

Other than that Fitz is a good guy

i didn't say he was a good guy but the hatred is way over the top. he had a great season in 2015 followed by a sucky season.  the sucky season was all his fault.  and he wasn't the only reason for the great one.

geno? that clown not only got his jaw broken but then put himself out in social media.  now there's a guy who has got it together. i wanna party with him.

You never know what would have happened. But imo after things worked out well except week 17 in 2015 you don't have a stand off with your starting Qb. He was willing to sign a one year deal so the Jets weren't putting too much on the line financially. It disrupted the team after some success and the best offense we had in years. Fitz's holdout didn't help the team. I'd have signed Fitz earlier and given him that one year deal. It wasn't just Fitz and the offense that sucked. In some of those games it was the defense that set up those losses. Fitz isn't a good enough Qb to consistently lead the team when playing from behind and in some of those games losing by 2 Tds. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i didn't say he was a good guy but the hatred is way over the top. he had a great season in 2015 followed by a sucky season.  the sucky season was all his fault.  and he wasn't the only reason for the great one.

geno? that clown not only got his jaw broken but then put himself out in social media.  now there's a guy who has got it together. i wanna party with him.

theres not nearly enough hatred of this POS

21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets have been my team since birth I was lucky to witness Super Bowl 3 at 6 years old. I was a season ticket holder for 20+ years I eat sleep and breath NY Jets football and I bleed green. When the organization makes stupid insane moronic moves such as Ryan Fitzpatrick twice once was bad enough. I think I have earned the right to bitch moan and complain. I stand by my comments about Fitzpatrick even during the 2015 season when many fans were anointing him into the Hall of Fame and licking his balls over meaningless wins. My recommendation to those fans shave the beards and drop the jersey and FitzMagic t-shirts off in the nearest clothing bin he sucks ass and won nothing here. 

Kindly leave my family out of the discussion. Thanks 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Nothing beats a gift that keeps on giving... NOTHING

I give the entire Jets team credit for winning in 2015. And I will never make excuses for winning. It's not easy no matter what the schedule. Most teams with winning records are the teams who won very close games which could have gone either way. The Jets in 2015 put Fitz in a position to compete and they won ten games. Week 17 was a kick in the ass because we thought we were better than that. And should have won that game. But the Bills were not an easy mark and psychologically they had it over us that day. Still it was a close game even with the 3 picks in the 4th quarter. I don't think any Qb would have won with that team the way they played in 2016. Most of the time we were in a hole and tried to play catch up football. Instead of winning close games we got our asses kicked. Unlike 2015 we did not put Fitz in a position to win. It affected everyone including our best player in 2015, BM who like Fitz is now gone. Last year at this time no one thought that Marshall wouldn't be a Jet. Even the Fitz haters loved Marshall and gave him credit for basically every completion from Fitz to BM. To them every Fitz pass was an overthow and a bail out by Marshall.  But that's not how it works. 

On 5/19/2017 at 4:20 PM, SickJetFan said:

and look he got paid more than Geno

Good chance Geno flipping burgers after Giants cut him too

can't really judge him until he's worked for several fast food chains...he also needs a decent fry cook. It's tough to say if he'll work out without some good supporting employees at the drive through too.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

can't really judge him until he's worked for several fast food chains...he also needs a decent fry cook. It's tough to say if he'll work out without some good supporting employees at the drive through too.

Im quite sure Geno Smith has accomplished more in life than you ever will. Successful college QB drafted and still in the NFL, judging him on his career is a joke considering the Jets QB follies and how they have evolved since 1969.....

20 hours ago, j4jets said:

Fits got $3mil only a year after that mother effing GM of ours thought he was worth $12mil. F*** Mac. 

And Hack won't be on a roster after next year after our GM thought he was a 2nd round pick

2 hours ago, thadude said:

And Hack won't be on a roster after next year after our GM thought he was a 2nd round pick

If Hackenberg and Petty fail miserably this season thy wont be on an NFL roster I agree.

If not for the NY Jets they might not have been on an NFL roster this season. 

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im quite sure Geno Smith has accomplished more in life than you ever will. Successful college QB drafted and still in the NFL, judging him on his career is a joke considering the Jets QB follies and how they have evolved since 1969.....

Pretty sure, I'm successful at my job and in my field. Whether, he's accomplished more..I imagine that's a matter of perspective. I'm sorry you still somehow believe he's a good qb.

17 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Pretty sure, I'm successful at my job and in my field. Whether, he's accomplished more..I imagine that's a matter of perspective. I'm sorry you still somehow believe he's a good qb.

Good for you happy for you still not a successful college QB and an NFL QB. 

He's better than any QB on our roster. 

On 5/19/2017 at 3:51 PM, johnnysd said:

Enough with the nonsensical "military" argument. If military people CHOOSE to be offended by someone sitting or kneeling in the national anthem they need to seriously get over themselves. The flag represents the US, not the military, and America stands for freedom of speech. Truth is that the troops are over-honored at this point. All you see is military appreciation and " thanks for the service" and "support the troops" which is all fine and good, but we never seem to honor the people that serve this country just as much in police officers, fireman, doctors, nurses and teachers. When was the last time teachers were honored at a football game?

Not only has the PC correctness of "honoring" the troops got completely blown out of proportion, a good part of the military thinks that they have some constitutional right to be honored at every step.

It's really old.

America stands for a lot more than freedom of speech pal. Considering the military is willing to die for that Flag and all it represents they deserve all that respect and more. Teachers? There are great teachers out there but they are outnumbered by the tenured louts just looking for a paycheck. Due to the power of the teachers union it is almost impossible to fire these malcontents. Look at any NYC public school and you will see the majority of teachers don't give a damn. They blame everyone else but themselves and collect that fat paycheck at the end of the day without looking back. You think they need to honored on the level of those who actually serve their country? Wow. You need a reality check.

Archived