NY Jets OTA Updates

JetNation

jetscamp.jpg?fit=640%2C386

Phase three here we come. It doesn’t sound all that exciting, phase three , but it is. Starting on Tuesday the Jets QB’s will see live action against the defense.  There will be no contact, but it is the first step in a QB battle that will certainly dominate the headlines once training camp starts later this summer.

Randy Lange explains phase three this way:

Phase Three is the next step and in fact the final step of the offseason for the Jets. In the final four weeks of the program, the Jets and all NFL teams can conduct 10 days of organized team practice activity — OTAs, of course. Live contact is not allowed but 7-on-7, 9-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills are permitted. In Week Four, the offseason schedule wraps up with the veteran minicamp from June 13-15.

The Jets are limiting the access for the media and I have to say that is a good thing. We need as few stories as possible about Christian Hackenberg throwing an interception during a 7 on 7 drill.

This roster is young after the offseason purge. Now they have a few weeks to see live action (minus contact) before minicamp in June.

If you missed it Glenn Naughton breaks down some questions facing the NY Jets as they head into phase three.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
J3Ig6EkiU2I

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, JetNation said:

jetscamp.jpg?fit=640%2C386

Phase three here we come. It doesn’t sound all that exciting, phase three , but it is. Starting on Tuesday the Jets QB’s will see live action against the defense.  There will be no contact, but it is the first step in a QB battle that will certainly dominate the headlines once training camp starts later this summer.

Randy Lange explains phase three this way:

Phase Three is the next step and in fact the final step of the offseason for the Jets. In the final four weeks of the program, the Jets and all NFL teams can conduct 10 days of organized team practice activity — OTAs, of course. Live contact is not allowed but 7-on-7, 9-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills are permitted. In Week Four, the offseason schedule wraps up with the veteran minicamp from June 13-15.

The Jets are limiting the access for the media and I have to say that is a good thing. We need as few stories as possible about Christian Hackenberg throwing an interception during a 7 on 7 drill.

This roster is young after the offseason purge. Now they have a few weeks to see live action (minus contact) before minicamp in June.

If you missed it Glenn Naughton breaks down some questions facing the NY Jets as they head into phase three.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

J3Ig6EkiU2I

Click here to read the full story...

I'll be prettttayyyy pissed If I waited all these months to hear about his progress and the Jets decide to get their panties in a bunch over "potential stories".

Yes, agreed. If there's one thing that all great quarterbacks have in common, it's that they crumble in the face of media reports about an OTA. No human should be subjected to such horrors.

Blocking the media out is the best thing the Jets can do. We do not need any blown up stories on how the defense is going to be dysfunctional due to the defense being sad that Kevin Greene is yelling them.

The less media, the better. Let them play football. They need all the extra focus time they can get.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

People say Bowles isn't learning. How he deals with the media is a prime example that he is learning. The media isn't his friend and he is acting like it now.

Yes. This was the crucial lesson we were hoping he would learn. 

The good news is that Hackenburg can hit the ocean.

The bad news is that the pass was picked off.

The good news is that it was picked off by one of the new safeties.

The bad news is that the new safety was not supposed to be standing in the ocean.

The good news is that Todd Bowles made an immediate correction to the alignment.

The bad news is that he put Sheldon Richardson in the ocean to be his 'ocean rover'

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The good news is that Hackenburg can hit the ocean.

The bad news is that the pass was picked off.

The good news is that it was picked off by one of the new safeties.

The bad news is that the new safety was not supposed to be standing in the ocean.

The good news is that Todd Bowles made an immediate correction to the alignment.

The bad news is that he put Sheldon Richardson in the ocean to be his 'ocean rover'

IRL LOLed at this

Archived