NY Jets OTA Updates

JetNation

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets S Calvin Pryor, the subject of trade speculation, hasn't been spotted at today's first OTA practice. These are voluntary practices, but it behooves him to attend. The Jets drafted safeties Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye in the first two rounds, putting Pryor's roster spot up in the air. Maye, still recovering from a broken arm last fall, is limited in practice.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets QB competition is underway between Josh McCown (15), Bryce Petty (9) and Christian Hackenberg (5), who overthrows a receiver and nearly takes out a photographer standing next to me.:rolleyes: Oh Dicky . . . . . 

Jets WR ArDarius Stewart, a third-round pick, isn't practicing due to an undisclosed injury.:(

ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets team drills begin with Josh McCown at quarterback. No surprise.<_<

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Do we have an app that will censor Mehta's face.  Every time I see it in the updates I want to punch my screen in.

My list is Mehta free, **** that POS

https://twitter.com/JETSfaninNE/lists/jets-beat-writers 

Alternatively looks like Ganggreennation embeded their own list on their website, if you don't want to use twitter directly

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/5/23/15679800/jets-ota-live-update-tracker-5-23 

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

James Franklin

I'm as big of a Hack sucks person as anyone but that really didn't look bad to me.  Looked like the Wr simply did not make a decent play on  the ball and was surprised it came so fast.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm as big of a Hack sucks person as anyone but that really didn't look bad to me.  Looked like the Wr simply did not make a decent play on  the ball and was surprised it came so fast.

dude he threw it 4 feet above his head. Decent play on the ball? Is going to run his route on stilts? 

Just now, Beerfish said:

Ardarus Stewart being hurt all ready is giving me a tummy ache.  The history of guys getting hurt early is an ugly one for this team.

WR is the one position I like our depth on this year though.  If we have any injuries on the OL.... that's another story.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

dude he threw it 4 feet above his head. Decent play on the ball? Is going to run his route on stilts? 

The guy got a whopping 2 inches off the ground and did not even raise his arms above his head.  Watch it again a few times. It was not that far over his  head and was catchable, range wise.  he might have thrown it too hard.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Looks like a smallish RB was running the pattern. You aren't going to be throwing that to a RB in a game. That ball was thrown perfectly to a normal receiver.

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

Looks like a smallish RB was running the pattern. You aren't going to be throwing that to a RB in a game. That ball was thrown perfectly to a normal receiver.

Probably WR KD Cannon, listed as 5-11, claimed from the 49ers on waivers 

Actually it's 5-10 Deshaun Foxx who was resigned after Devin Smith was waived injured - Foxx took back 86 and Cannon went to #8

Wide Receiver - 14
    87 - Eric Decker 6'3" 214 Minnesota (2016 Injured Reserve)
    81 - Quincy Enunwa 6'2" 225 Nebraska
    11 - Robby Anderson 6'3" 190 Temple (Legal issues)
    18 - Ardarius Stewart 5'11" 204 Alabama (2017 Draft Pick)
     6 - Chad Hansen 6'2" 202 Washington (2017 Draft Pick)
    89 - Jalin Marshall 5'10" 200 Ohio State  (4 Game Suspension)
    17 - Charone Peake 6'3" 205 Clemson
    10 - Quinton Patton 6'0 204 Louisiana Tech (2017 Free Agent Signing)
    16 - Myles White 6'0" 185 Louisiana Tech
    86 - Deshon Foxx 5'10" 177 UCONN
     8 - KD Cannon 5'11" 182 Baylor (Waiver Claim from 49ers)
    14 - Frankie Hammond 6'1" 184 Florida
     2 - Gabe Marks 6'0" 176 Washington State (UDFA)
     3 - Brisly Estime 5'9" 176 Syracuse (KR) (UDFA)

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The guy got a whopping 2 inches off the ground and did not even raise his arms above his head.  Watch it again a few times. It was not that far over his  head and was catchable, range wise.  he might have thrown it too hard.

+1

Alligator arms by a 5'11" RB who didn't jump and was scared of the REAL VELOCITYⓒbyGas2No99

10 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Probably WR KD Cannon, listed as 5-11, claimed from the 49ers on waivers 

Actually it's 5-10 Deshaun Foxx who was resigned after Devin Smith was waived injured - Foxx took back 86 and Cannon went to #8

Wide Receiver - 14
    87 - Eric Decker 6'3" 214 Minnesota (2016 Injured Reserve)
    81 - Quincy Enunwa 6'2" 225 Nebraska
    11 - Robby Anderson 6'3" 190 Temple (Legal issues)
    18 - Ardarius Stewart 5'11" 204 Alabama (2017 Draft Pick)
     6 - Chad Hansen 6'2" 202 Washington (2017 Draft Pick)
    89 - Jalin Marshall 5'10" 200 Ohio State  (4 Game Suspension)
    17 - Charone Peake 6'3" 205 Clemson
    10 - Quinton Patton 6'0 204 Louisiana Tech (2017 Free Agent Signing)
    16 - Myles White 6'0" 185 Louisiana Tech
    86 - Deshon Foxx 5'10" 177 UCONN
     8 - KD Cannon 5'11" 182 Baylor (Waiver Claim from 49ers)
    14 - Frankie Hammond 6'1" 184 Florida
     2 - Gabe Marks 6'0" 176 Washington State (UDFA)
     3 - Brisly Estime 5'9" 176 Syracuse (KR) (UDFA)

I agree it LOOKS like  5'10 or 11" guy, but he's wearing #26, which I thought was odd b/c that's Maye's #, but also a RB #. Makes sense if it's 86 D. Foxx, but I'm pretty sure it's a #26

I am a die hard PSU fan my entire life so you could imagine my pain dealing with him in college.

On top of the pain in being a Jets fan.  

Then the 2 teams that make me suffer now have a common bond

And it cost us a 2nd round pick.

The suffering cycle never ends, and now they are being intertwined.

But in all seriousness.  Hacks first eyar at PSU was amazing.  He just took too many hits behind a terrible O-line, and I dont think there is any hope in him going back to his confidence.  I would absolutely love to eat crow, but it will not be pleasant to watch him on Sundays if he eventually gets the start.

Ultimately I think he needs to along with petty, to prove that they are either the answer, or(and most likely) not going to cut it.

7 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I am a die hard PSU fan my entire life so you could imagine my pain dealing with him in college.

On top of the pain in being a Jets fan.  

Then the 2 teams that make me suffer now have a common bond

And it cost us a 2nd round pick.

The suffering cycle never ends, and now they are being intertwined.

But in all seriousness.  Hacks first eyar at PSU was amazing.  He just took too many hits behind a terrible O-line, and I dont think there is any hope in him going back to his confidence.  I would absolutely love to eat crow, but it will not be pleasant to watch him on Sundays if he eventually gets the start.

Ultimately I think he needs to along with petty, to prove that they are either the answer, or(and most likely) not going to cut it.

As a PSU fan myself, I remember a kid that could have bailed on the program (and in hindsight he probably should have), but instead played for a team that saw some talent bail and played alongside many non-scholarship athletes as PSU was stripped due to the sandusky scandal. That's not the Jets problem, and he may just be broken, but I am hopeful the Jets can resurrect him to the player  many thought he was on track to become. 

The Hack situation reminds of when the Jets drafted Blair Thomas. I was so excited to see my favorite college player play for the Jets only watch him turn into a bust. The same with Kyle Brady. I was also in school with Rick Dipietro at BU when he was drafted by the Islanders, and that didn't work out to well either. 

39 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Sometimes I feel sorry for Hack.  Penn State fans for the most part.... hate his guts.  A lot of us hate his guts.  If he has any success, he will def have earned it

Real PSU fans don't hate his guts. They appreciate the fact that he stayed when most would have bailed. Things were made worse when Franklin took over and tried to make Hack fit a system that didn't fit Hack's abilities. 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

As a PSU fan myself, I remember a kid that could have bailed on the program (and in hindsight he probably should have), but instead played for a team that saw some talent bail and played alongside many non-scholarship athletes as PSU was stripped due to the sandusky scandal. That's not the Jets problem, and he may just be broken, but I am hopeful the Jets can resurrect him to the player  many thought he was on track to become. 

The Hack situation reminds of when the Jets drafted Blair Thomas. I was so excited to see my favorite college player play for the Jets only watch him turn into a bust. The same with Kyle Brady. I was also in school with Rick Dipietro at BU when he was drafted by the Islanders, and that didn't work out to well either. 

True, his problems didn't start here.

However, I do believe it is a Jets problem, when these problems were so apparent and they still used a 2nd Rd pick on him.  I remember they prided him in the draft process for him not turning the ball over.  They just way underestimated how deep these issues go.  He was beaten to a pulp every Saturday for 2 years, it has taken a huge toll on him mentally.

Last time I checked the Defenders aren't 12 ft tall so they cant catch those balls that go a mile over their heads either. haha

I've been a Jets fan since I was young, but only until about 2008 was when I really started caring and following the players that make up the team I see on TV, so I was even pumped when we picked up Maybin, and we know how that turned out as well haha

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

He said "There are 15 reasons why the locker room is better."  Funny considering Sheldon was one of the major pouters last year.

Sheldon is a dope. But Marshall can be draining. There's a reason why a guy with his talent is now on his 5th team. 

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Real PSU fans don't hate his guts. They appreciate the fact that he stayed when most would have bailed. Things were made worse when Franklin took over and tried to make Hack fit a system that didn't fit Hack's abilities. 

Franklin and the PSU o line would have brought Ghengis Khan to his knees.

Archived