Sign in to follow this  
batman10023

met life question - mezz seat view

Ok so I had a choice of Aisle seats Row 12 Mezz Club on 40, 3rd, and 4th seat off Aisle Row 2 closest to 40, or Row 1 5th, and 6th seat off the aisle again 40 yard line side. 

Choose the Row 1 seats, did I make the right choice?

Choice between aisle row 12 and row 1 middle all depends on your preference. I'd take the aisle, I like the aisle and I like to stand, at least at appropriate moments, but if you dont care about the aisle and you dont want someone standing in front of you, row 1. I'd guess most would take row 1.

6 minutes ago, isired said:

Choice between aisle row 12 and row 1 middle all depends on your preference. I'd take the aisle, I like the aisle and I like to stand, at least at appropriate moments, but if you dont care about the aisle and you dont want someone standing in front of you, row 1. I'd guess most would take row 1.

Well it's only 4 seats off the aisle, there are 23 seats to the row so middle would be 12 Seats of aisle.

Another thing I noticed today is the Jets have preseason home games 1, and 4 this year, preseason games are bad enough, but games 1, and 4 are by far the worst of the 4 games, every team should get a preseason home game in either week 2, or 3.

Well it's only 4 seats off the aisle, there are 23 seats to the row so middle would be 12 Seats of aisle.
Yeah I just meant middle as in not the aisle. I like the extra room.

I sit in 205 row 3. I switched from row 2 seats in the next section because the plexiglass bothered me to no end (I had aisle seats).  I sat in the seats for one game and asked for them to be moved as it seemed I had to crane my neck to see plays in the end zone without a split screen effect (plexiglass and no plexiglass).  In any event, it is only an issue when you are in a low row on the aisle.    

2 minutes ago, isired said:
10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah I just meant middle as in not the aisle. I like the extra room.

Yes aisle is great for the extra room, convenience of getting up freely without disturbing others, Row 1 is great for never having to worry about people standing up in front of you when it's unnecessary (I'm all for standing on big plays/moments of a game, but some just stand for no reason at times), and I'm not sure because I never sat in Row 1 Mezz before, but I do know Row 1 UD had much more leg room in front of you then the other Rows.

Also I've heard as far as ReSale value Row 1 will actually sell over a higher up Row aisle (probably not this season, but in future seasons when the Jets get back to righting the ship, it will happen defense is already shaping up IMO just missing 1 piece to the puzzle there the great rush OLB).

I'm sure @SAR I can chime in about these opinions of mine, and give the correct answers.  Also hopefully give me the 411 on how to get to my car in the green lot, and on the highway heading home with my 5 year old as quick as possible from the Mezz club 😀

3 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I sit in 205 row 3. I switched from row 2 seats in the next section because the plexiglass bothered me to no end (I had aisle seats).  I sat in the seats for one game and asked for them to be moved as it seemed I had to crane my neck to see plays in the end zone without a split screen effect (plexiglass and no plexiglass).  In any event, it is only an issue when you are in a low row on the aisle.    

So I'm better off 5 seats in then on the aisle for Row 1 so the plexiglass is not an issue?

On 5/23/2017 at 10:29 PM, batman10023 said:

My son is probably less calm than your kids. Either way row one isn't available. Only row two. 

Call your Rep today all the defunct PSL inventory just hit the market there are much more/better moving options, I just went from Row 9 Seats 11, and 12 to Row 1 5 seats off the aisle closest to mid field side of section.

Yes aisle is great for the extra room, convenience of getting up freely without disturbing others, Row 1 is great for never having to worry about people standing up in front of you when it's unnecessary (I'm all for standing on big plays/moments of a game, but some just stand for no reason at times), and I'm not sure because I never sat in Row 1 Mezz before, but I do know Row 1 UD had much more leg room in front of you then the other Rows.

Also I've heard as far as ReSale value Row 1 will actually sell over a higher up Row aisle (probably not this season, but in future seasons when the Jets get back to righting the ship, it will happen defense is already shaping up IMO just missing 1 piece to the puzzle there the great rush OLB).

I'm sure [mention=9488]SAR I[/mention] can chime in about these opinions of mine, and give the correct answers.  Also hopefully give me the 411 on how to get to my car in the green lot, and on the highway heading home with my 5 year old as quick as possible from the Mezz club

I'm sure row 1 is better for secondary market sales;

I don't think you can really consider resale of the PSL at this point, we're almost a third of the way through the probable life of the stadium, if you say you're going to stay for at least least 5 yrs and they're going to start talking new stadium a decade before it happens, the value of the PSL will be severely compromised by the time you're looking to sell.

But as I've said a dozen times, if you're happy with your purchase, it's money well spent.

14 minutes ago, isired said:

I'm sure row 1 is better for secondary market sales;

I don't think you can really consider resale of the PSL at this point, we're almost a third of the way through the probable life of the stadium, if you say you're going to stay for at least least 5 yrs and they're going to start talking new stadium a decade before it happens, the value of the PSL will be severely compromised by the time you're looking to sell.

But as I've said a dozen times, if you're happy with your purchase, it's money well spent.

I bought the PSL for $.065 on the dollar so I'm not worried about that PSL thing.

I bought the PSL for $.065 on the dollar so I'm not worried about that PSL thing.
Yeah I don't think anyone should buy looking to sell at this point, even with some selling for a third of the original cost. But I don't think anyone really does.

7 minutes ago, isired said:
10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah I don't think anyone should buy looking to sell at this point, even with some selling for a third of the original cost. But I don't think anyone really does.

I paid 1/15th not a 1/3 so to me it's like I didn't even buy a PSL.

21 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

@Gas2No99 @batman10023  Please read Lupz's Row 1 comments above. I told you. Row 1 is the way to go. You didn't believe me. What can I say.... j/k

My rep wasn't very forthcoming with the Row 1 option either, she put me on hold claiming her CPU was slow, and needed to go look at a co workers CPU after giving me a few options, and then came back from putting me on hold about the Row 1 seats, if I had to guess she was probably checking to make sure they weren't already transferred to someone else before giving me that option.

More then likely the stadium will be empty this year especially in my section so if I don't like the Row 1 seats I'll just squat a few rows up, and move again next year.

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

So I'm better off 5 seats in then on the aisle for Row 1 so the plexiglass is not an issue?

The plexiglass is annoying as hell .

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Call your Rep today all the defunct PSL inventory just hit the market there are much more/better moving options, I just went from Row 9 Seats 11, and 12 to Row 1 5 seats off the aisle closest to mid field side of section.

Did you get the sense there will be more inventory opening up early next week?

I called my rep yesterday about moving closer to the field (from Row 17 in 129) and all he had was a pair in Row 13.

He said there might be a slim chance more would open up next early next week so I held off and will call again on Monday.

I have to figure with STHs moving around a lot right now I may get lucky.  If nothing else is available on Monday I may pull the trigger on the two in Row 13.

Maybe I am delusional but I am targeting Row 5 and below.  Do you think that is being overly aggressive?

If I come up short, I will still not be disappointed being in Row 17. 

On 5/24/2017 at 11:59 AM, rex-n-effect said:

Is $19k even enough to brag about on a watch?

Sure is. Its a nice watch.

My rolex is only worth a fraction  of his but I still show her off. 

5 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Did you get the sense there will be more inventory opening up early next week?

I called my rep yesterday about moving closer to the field (from Row 17 in 129) and all he had was a pair in Row 13.

He said there might be a slim chance more would open up next early next week so I held off and will call again on Monday.

I have to figure with STHs moving around a lot right now I may get lucky.  If nothing else is available on Monday I may pull the trigger on the two in Row 13.

Maybe I am delusional but I am targeting Row 5 and below.  Do you think that is being overly aggressive?

If I come up short, I will still not be disappointed being in Row 17. 

Well for me I can only get better by moving over 6 seats to be on the aisle, she put in a note to (so she said) to contact me if a Row 1 aisle pair opened up in the 2 sections I am looking for, so yes more could open up.

22 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Ok so I had a choice of Aisle seats Row 12 Mezz Club on 40, 3rd, and 4th seat off Aisle Row 2 closest to 40, or Row 1 5th, and 6th seat off the aisle again 40 yard line side. 

Choose the Row 1 seats, did I make the right choice?

venue-section-217-view.jpg

Can I have your specific section number?

Row 1 is the best, but depending on where your seats are you don't want to be looking through the glass protector at the end of each staircase.  It's the only downside of Row 1....the aisle seats can be dicey.  Looking at the photo of the Mezz Club's, that person in Seat 1 is looking through the glass for the last 25 yards of the field.

SAR I

On 6/16/2017 at 5:12 PM, OH THE PAIN said:

The plexiglass is annoying as hell .

wpDTMML.jpg

8hZImKs.jpg

It's not plexiglass, it's real glass, and it's annoying for anyone who sits in my aisle seat.  It doesn't affect anyone in Seat 2 or Seat 3.

Now, my seats are in the corner (above), so it only impacts a tiny corner of the endzone.  For someone in the Mezz Club's sitting straight-on looking at the field the glass is a bigger issue.  Imagine being the fan who has Mezz Club's Row 1 Aisle Seat 1 on the 50 yard line....thinks he has the best seat in the entire stadium.  But he's watching 50% of the field through a windshield.

Photos above of my seats were taken a few months before the stadium opened.  The steel grates were replaced by the glass shortly thereafter, many must have complained, they were gone by opening day 2010.  But you can see that they are in the line of sight of anyone on the Aisle in Row 1 or Row 2.  And depending on your angle of the field, they can occupy your vision for 50% of the field, the closer you are to midfield the worse their impact.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Row 1 is the best, but depending on where your seats are you don't want to be looking through the glass protector at the end of each staircase.  It's the only downside of Row 1....the aisle seats can be dicey.  Looking at the photo of the Mezz Club's, that person in Seat 1 is looking through the glass for the last 25 yards of the field.

SAR I

Section 237, I am 6 seats in from the aisle on the side closest to section 239.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

div1_zpsiehbkevi.jpg

div2_zpsmer2ihf2.jpg

It's not plexiglass, it's real glass, and it's annoying for anyone who sits in my aisle seat.  It doesn't affect anyone in Seat 2 or Seat 3.

Now, my seats are in the corner (above), so it only impacts a tiny corner of the endzone.  For someone in the Mezz Club's sitting straight-on looking at the field the glass is a bigger issue.  Imagine being the fan who has Mezz Club's Row 1 Aisle Seat 1 on the 50 yard line....thinks he has the best seat in the entire stadium.  But he's watching 50% of the field through a windshield.

Photos above of my seats were taken a few months before the stadium opened.  The steel grates were replaced by the glass by opening day 2010.  But you can see that they are in the line of sight of anyone on the Aisle in Row 1 or Row 2. 

SAR I

My Rep also mentioned that depending on your height some of the sideline view is obstructed by the wall when sitting back in your seat, but if you lean forwards it's a non issue, any opinion on that?

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Guy who owns the 2 seats next to me is trying to sell his seats on after market, and uses this description of the seats in Sellers Comments section.

Seller Comments: camera is over left shoulder, seats give same view as TV.

I haven't been up there yet so I don't know how accurate of a description this is.

On 6/17/2017 at 0:38 PM, Lupz27 said:

My Rep also mentioned that depending on your height some of the sideline view is obstructed by the wall when sitting back in your seat, but if you lean forwards it's a non issue, any opinion on that?

OZY1z7c.jpg

[Photo taken from my Seat 3 in Row 1, for size reference the person looking at the camera in Seat 1 is a 10 year old boy who is a friend of my son.]

That is correct, when you are in the first row you slide forwards a touch and sit on the front edge of the seat so that you can see over the wall. Most games we just lean our upper bodies forward too and let the wall support our weight on our arms. It's not uncomfortable. 

I should point out that what I just described about leaning the upper body forward and resting elbows on the wall allows the person in the aisle seat to get his head past the pane of glass and thus have no obstruction. But it would mean leaning forward the whole time.  If that person sits as I describe slid forward on the edge of the seat without leaning forward onto the wall they would have the obstruction. Again, this only applies to the person in Seat 1 on the aisle. 

It should be noted that when you are sitting the cupholders are mounted at about chest level on the mezzanine wall itself so you don't get into that situation on your seat where your arms and elbows are locked in by a soda cup on one side or a beer on the other. It's nice that they're out of the way.  I sneak a green string pack into the stadium and the loop each end over two adjacent cupholders so the bag hangs between them. It's great place to put stuff like hats and gloves and scarves without it being in your seat or getting dirty on the floor. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

It should be noted that when you are sitting the cupholders are mounted at about chest level on the mezzanine wall itself so you don't get into that situation on your seat where your arms and elbows are locked in by a soda cup on one side or a beer on the other. It's nice that they're out of the way.  I sneak a green string pack into the stadium and the loop each end over two adjacent cupholders so the bag hangs between them. It's great place to put stuff like hats and gloves and scarves without it being in your seat or getting dirty on the floor. 

SAR I

Thanks SAR

From what I've seen in other photos are that club seats have more room between the wall, and the seat, AND the cup holder is on the seat not the wall in Row 1 in club seats different from other Row 1 seats in the building as shown in this picture.

0115A532-9997-4BD9-97B6-436526E65772-10263-00000AB6887B376D.jpeg

On 6/17/2017 at 7:30 PM, Lupz27 said:

Thanks SAR

From what I've seen in other photos are that club seats have more room between the wall, and the seat, AND the cup holder is on the seat not the wall in Row 1 in club seats different from other Row 1 seats in the building as shown in this picture.

u4qYQOc.jpg

Yes, the Club seats in Row 1 have cupholders on the arms, they also have padded seats not unlike a movie theater.

They also appear to have more legroom which is not a good thing-  what that means is that they are further away from the wall meaning that the fans there need to sit on the edge of the seat and lean forward resting on the wall in order to see the field.  See bottom photo.

SAR I