met life question - mezz seat view

batman10023

1 hour ago, isired said:

Has a free agent QB taken a team to the Super Bowl other than Manning and Brees? It seems to be an incredibly rare set of circumstances that would lead to a team allowing a franchise QB to leave via free agency.

We let Chad leave and many call him Franchise. ?

Couldnt resist....

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Lee, but our LBs are still a weakness, our DBs are as unproven as can be, and no "Top Defense" lacks an imposing edge rusher. So while I like our additions on D, and of course I like our DL, there are a LOT of teams that would say they have a top D "in the works", and they wouldn't be any more right or wrong than you for saying it about the Jets.

And let's be real, teams that win with mediocre QBs generally have all-time D's, and/or have found a wrinkle that teams haven't adjusted to yet.

you don't NEED a franchise QB to execute that balanced offensive attack , merely a non-turning over game manager that can get the ball to his playmakers. 
The thing is, if this is your strategy to build the team, you're planning against long odds.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

That has NOTHING to do with answering the question and correcting the false assumption that you can not attain a Conference Champion QB via Free Agency, let alone a Super Bowl winning one.

People don't seem to realize a QB gets better with age and experience, but the Catch-22 is that his body has already started to deteriorate after so many years in the league and results in canceling out that Veteran know-how due to physical limitations as a result of his age and the physical abuse absorbed by being in the league. 

We couldn't develop a franchise QB....  if Brady were drafted by the JETS.. he'd Benoit of the league.

I know I'm gonna get killed here.... but we threw mark and Gene under the bus.  

BOTH could have been 5 to 7 year starters if we had a coach who knew how to use them. 

Mark especially.....

We let Chad leave and many call him Franchise.
Couldnt resist....
It's actually a good analogy - the only way franchise QBs leave is via injury. Unfortunately the Jets (and Rams with Warner) didn't have a franchise replacement ready, like SD and Indy.

2 minutes ago, isired said:
7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:
We let Chad leave and many call him Franchise. emoji3.png
Couldnt resist....

It's actually a good analogy - the only way franchise QBs leave is via injury. Unfortunately the Jets (and Rams with Warner) didn't have a franchise replacement ready, like SD and Indy.

Let's not start.... I was being sarcastic.   I'm no Chad fan.  

But.... Farve is a decent analogy. 

17 minutes ago, isired said:

The thing is, if this is your strategy to build the team, you're planning against long odds.

Just like the long odds of getting the top pick when a "Franchise QB" is available or, with the Jets' history, GROOMING a QB has proven to be even LONGER odds. 

If I had to choose with a gun to my head which is more likely: Jets DRAFT and properly develop a Franchise QB OR Jets sign a FA QB that can manage them to a SB. I would bank on the latter. I hope Hackenberg or Petty prove me wrong. 

Just like the long odds of getting the top pick when a "Franchise QB" is available or, with the Jets' history, GROOMING a QB has proven to be even LONGER odds. 

If I had to choose with a gun to my head which is more likely: Jets DRAFT and properly develop a Franchise QB OR Jets sign a FA QB that can manage them to a SB. I would bank on the latter. I hope Hackenberg or Petty prove me wrong. 

Agreed with our 2nd/4th round QBs. We probably need a bona fide top 5 QB.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So about the Mezz section view at MetLife, that's what this topic was originally about right?

Are the best seats in the house to view the suspense of WHAT will be the 2017 NY Jets. 

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So about the Mezz section view at MetLife, that's what this topic was originally about right?

Yes, but we've decided that the 1st row is the place to be. But 6th row isn't too bad if you have a franchise QB or sign a FA QB to go along with your stud defense.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Then CONTINUE to EDUCATE yourself AND ACQUIRE SKILLS that separate you from the masses. 

Education and Consistency in your work is what sets you free. :)

:) Thanks Gas2No99.. yeah gotta keep fighting the fight.  I look at some people... that watch he bought is dang near my salary.. anyway thank you for the advice I'll keep at it.

I can never figure out why people always have to argue about the people who own PSLs and/or upper level seats.

I was a business major in college and hated the shirt and tie deal when I graduated and ended up going back to school to become a special education teacher.  Was great but NO money in teaching.  Seeing these threads did motivate me a bit to change careers and I've been a financial advisor now for a couple years.  I have clients with boatloads of cash who would never buy a PSL, stay in the upper deck or buy the cheapest PSL they can find.  I have others who will blow tons of cash.  I have seen doctors and lawyers take cheaper seats and a guy who makes peanuts pony up the money for a PSL.  There is the saying "broke people stay broke by living like they are rich, rich people stay rich by living like they are broke."

All that being said to the author of this thread I think you have to ask yourself are you ok being in the middle of the row instead of closer to the aisle.  Me personally I LOVE aisle seats.  Other people can't stand them.  That may be the thing you want to ask yourself especially bringing a kid. 

4 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I can never figure out why people always have to argue about the people who own PSLs and/or upper level seats.

I was a business major in college and hated the shirt and tie deal when I graduated and ended up going back to school to become a special education teacher.  Was great but NO money in teaching.  Seeing these threads did motivate me a bit to change careers and I've been a financial advisor now for a couple years.  I have clients with boatloads of cash who would never buy a PSL, stay in the upper deck or buy the cheapest PSL they can find.  I have others who will blow tons of cash.  I have seen doctors and lawyers take cheaper seats and a guy who makes peanuts pony up the money for a PSL.  There is the saying "broke people stay broke by living like they are rich, rich people stay rich by living like they are broke."

All that being said to the author of this thread I think you have to ask yourself are you ok being in the middle of the row instead of closer to the aisle.  Me personally I LOVE aisle seats.  Other people can't stand them.  That may be the thing you want to ask yourself especially bringing a kid. 

Very well thought out ; are you available to coach the Jets ?

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 6:08 PM, joewilly12 said:

I prefer LL row 1 in the EZ or on the Jets sidelines behind the bench. 

I am in 129 Row 17 still looking to move down lower.

My rep shared with me if you're in LLEZ you should try to get up higher so you can see the other side of the field.

IMO, I would rather get down as low as I can as it gets you more "In the game".  And I would think the resale value is better.  I did the math and it looks like LLEZ in the corners puts you closest to the field than any other sections.

I will be reaching out to my rep second week in June after all the defaults are exposed and the inventory is updated.

If I can get down to the first few rows I am going for it.

24 minutes ago, foxgt90 said:

I'm looking for opinions on which seats have the better view. Club Seats in section 208, Row 4 or seats in 207a, Row 1. Thanks. 

Unless you're hell bent to sit in the club, Row 1 in 207A is a much better value.

Face on the Clubs are all way over priced.  And if you have to fork over more than $100 for the PSL, forget it.

You may want to reevaluate your choice of sections.

All seats on that end of the stadium are in the sun field.  You will be looking into the sun with the glare all game during day games.

Check out pslsource.com

There is a guy selling 4 PSLs in 243 Row 5 for $62 each.  $0.008 on the dollar.

1 hour ago, foxgt90 said:

I'm looking for opinions on which seats have the better view. Club Seats in section 208, Row 4 or seats in 207a, Row 1. Thanks. 

Go for 207a Row 1 if Club amenities aren't that important to you. Similar view for much cheaper. Also row 1 seats are easier to sell than row 4 seats. 

On 5/27/2017 at 2:16 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

So there was some benefit to sar posting over the years. 

Good of luck with your job. 

Being inside is is what I am grappling with.  I probably would take row 3  near the isle just for ease of getting in and out. 

Ot just give up the psl and buy in a different section a couple of years later. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I had a choice of Aisle seats Row 12 Mezz Club on 40, 3rd, and 4th seat off Aisle Row 2 closest to 40, or Row 1 5th, and 6th seat off the aisle again 40 yard line side. 

Choose the Row 1 seats, did I make the right choice?

Choice between aisle row 12 and row 1 middle all depends on your preference. I'd take the aisle, I like the aisle and I like to stand, at least at appropriate moments, but if you dont care about the aisle and you dont want someone standing in front of you, row 1. I'd guess most would take row 1.

6 minutes ago, isired said:

Choice between aisle row 12 and row 1 middle all depends on your preference. I'd take the aisle, I like the aisle and I like to stand, at least at appropriate moments, but if you dont care about the aisle and you dont want someone standing in front of you, row 1. I'd guess most would take row 1.

Well it's only 4 seats off the aisle, there are 23 seats to the row so middle would be 12 Seats of aisle.

Another thing I noticed today is the Jets have preseason home games 1, and 4 this year, preseason games are bad enough, but games 1, and 4 are by far the worst of the 4 games, every team should get a preseason home game in either week 2, or 3.

I sit in 205 row 3. I switched from row 2 seats in the next section because the plexiglass bothered me to no end (I had aisle seats).  I sat in the seats for one game and asked for them to be moved as it seemed I had to crane my neck to see plays in the end zone without a split screen effect (plexiglass and no plexiglass).  In any event, it is only an issue when you are in a low row on the aisle.    

2 minutes ago, isired said:
10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:
Well it's only 4 seats off the aisle, there are 23 seats to the row so middle would be 12 Seats of aisle.

Yeah I just meant middle as in not the aisle. I like the extra room.

Yes aisle is great for the extra room, convenience of getting up freely without disturbing others, Row 1 is great for never having to worry about people standing up in front of you when it's unnecessary (I'm all for standing on big plays/moments of a game, but some just stand for no reason at times), and I'm not sure because I never sat in Row 1 Mezz before, but I do know Row 1 UD had much more leg room in front of you then the other Rows.

Also I've heard as far as ReSale value Row 1 will actually sell over a higher up Row aisle (probably not this season, but in future seasons when the Jets get back to righting the ship, it will happen defense is already shaping up IMO just missing 1 piece to the puzzle there the great rush OLB).

I'm sure @SAR I can chime in about these opinions of mine, and give the correct answers.  Also hopefully give me the 411 on how to get to my car in the green lot, and on the highway heading home with my 5 year old as quick as possible from the Mezz club ?

3 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I sit in 205 row 3. I switched from row 2 seats in the next section because the plexiglass bothered me to no end (I had aisle seats).  I sat in the seats for one game and asked for them to be moved as it seemed I had to crane my neck to see plays in the end zone without a split screen effect (plexiglass and no plexiglass).  In any event, it is only an issue when you are in a low row on the aisle.    

So I'm better off 5 seats in then on the aisle for Row 1 so the plexiglass is not an issue?

On 5/23/2017 at 10:29 PM, batman10023 said:

My son is probably less calm than your kids. Either way row one isn't available. Only row two. 

Call your Rep today all the defunct PSL inventory just hit the market there are much more/better moving options, I just went from Row 9 Seats 11, and 12 to Row 1 5 seats off the aisle closest to mid field side of section.

Yes aisle is great for the extra room, convenience of getting up freely without disturbing others, Row 1 is great for never having to worry about people standing up in front of you when it's unnecessary (I'm all for standing on big plays/moments of a game, but some just stand for no reason at times), and I'm not sure because I never sat in Row 1 Mezz before, but I do know Row 1 UD had much more leg room in front of you then the other Rows.

Also I've heard as far as ReSale value Row 1 will actually sell over a higher up Row aisle (probably not this season, but in future seasons when the Jets get back to righting the ship, it will happen defense is already shaping up IMO just missing 1 piece to the puzzle there the great rush OLB).

I'm sure [mention=9488]SAR I[/mention] can chime in about these opinions of mine, and give the correct answers.  Also hopefully give me the 411 on how to get to my car in the green lot, and on the highway heading home with my 5 year old as quick as possible from the Mezz club

I'm sure row 1 is better for secondary market sales;

I don't think you can really consider resale of the PSL at this point, we're almost a third of the way through the probable life of the stadium, if you say you're going to stay for at least least 5 yrs and they're going to start talking new stadium a decade before it happens, the value of the PSL will be severely compromised by the time you're looking to sell.

But as I've said a dozen times, if you're happy with your purchase, it's money well spent.

14 minutes ago, isired said:

I'm sure row 1 is better for secondary market sales;

I don't think you can really consider resale of the PSL at this point, we're almost a third of the way through the probable life of the stadium, if you say you're going to stay for at least least 5 yrs and they're going to start talking new stadium a decade before it happens, the value of the PSL will be severely compromised by the time you're looking to sell.

But as I've said a dozen times, if you're happy with your purchase, it's money well spent.

I bought the PSL for $.065 on the dollar so I'm not worried about that PSL thing.

I bought the PSL for $.065 on the dollar so I'm not worried about that PSL thing.
Yeah I don't think anyone should buy looking to sell at this point, even with some selling for a third of the original cost. But I don't think anyone really does.

7 minutes ago, isired said:
10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah I don't think anyone should buy looking to sell at this point, even with some selling for a third of the original cost. But I don't think anyone really does.

I paid 1/15th not a 1/3 so to me it's like I didn't even buy a PSL.

Archived