met life question - mezz seat view

batman10023

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

@Gas2No99 @batman10023  Please read Lupz's Row 1 comments above. I told you. Row 1 is the way to go. You didn't believe me. What can I say.... j/k

My rep wasn't very forthcoming with the Row 1 option either, she put me on hold claiming her CPU was slow, and needed to go look at a co workers CPU after giving me a few options, and then came back from putting me on hold about the Row 1 seats, if I had to guess she was probably checking to make sure they weren't already transferred to someone else before giving me that option.

More then likely the stadium will be empty this year especially in my section so if I don't like the Row 1 seats I'll just squat a few rows up, and move again next year.

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Call your Rep today all the defunct PSL inventory just hit the market there are much more/better moving options, I just went from Row 9 Seats 11, and 12 to Row 1 5 seats off the aisle closest to mid field side of section.

Did you get the sense there will be more inventory opening up early next week?

I called my rep yesterday about moving closer to the field (from Row 17 in 129) and all he had was a pair in Row 13.

He said there might be a slim chance more would open up next early next week so I held off and will call again on Monday.

I have to figure with STHs moving around a lot right now I may get lucky.  If nothing else is available on Monday I may pull the trigger on the two in Row 13.

Maybe I am delusional but I am targeting Row 5 and below.  Do you think that is being overly aggressive?

If I come up short, I will still not be disappointed being in Row 17. 

5 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Did you get the sense there will be more inventory opening up early next week?

I called my rep yesterday about moving closer to the field (from Row 17 in 129) and all he had was a pair in Row 13.

He said there might be a slim chance more would open up next early next week so I held off and will call again on Monday.

I have to figure with STHs moving around a lot right now I may get lucky.  If nothing else is available on Monday I may pull the trigger on the two in Row 13.

Maybe I am delusional but I am targeting Row 5 and below.  Do you think that is being overly aggressive?

If I come up short, I will still not be disappointed being in Row 17. 

Well for me I can only get better by moving over 6 seats to be on the aisle, she put in a note to (so she said) to contact me if a Row 1 aisle pair opened up in the 2 sections I am looking for, so yes more could open up.

22 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Ok so I had a choice of Aisle seats Row 12 Mezz Club on 40, 3rd, and 4th seat off Aisle Row 2 closest to 40, or Row 1 5th, and 6th seat off the aisle again 40 yard line side. 

Choose the Row 1 seats, did I make the right choice?

venue-section-217-view.jpg

Can I have your specific section number?

Row 1 is the best, but depending on where your seats are you don't want to be looking through the glass protector at the end of each staircase.  It's the only downside of Row 1....the aisle seats can be dicey.  Looking at the photo of the Mezz Club's, that person in Seat 1 is looking through the glass for the last 25 yards of the field.

SAR I

On 6/16/2017 at 5:12 PM, OH THE PAIN said:

The plexiglass is annoying as hell .

wpDTMML.jpg

8hZImKs.jpg

It's not plexiglass, it's real glass, and it's annoying for anyone who sits in my aisle seat.  It doesn't affect anyone in Seat 2 or Seat 3.

Now, my seats are in the corner (above), so it only impacts a tiny corner of the endzone.  For someone in the Mezz Club's sitting straight-on looking at the field the glass is a bigger issue.  Imagine being the fan who has Mezz Club's Row 1 Aisle Seat 1 on the 50 yard line....thinks he has the best seat in the entire stadium.  But he's watching 50% of the field through a windshield.

Photos above of my seats were taken a few months before the stadium opened.  The steel grates were replaced by the glass shortly thereafter, many must have complained, they were gone by opening day 2010.  But you can see that they are in the line of sight of anyone on the Aisle in Row 1 or Row 2.  And depending on your angle of the field, they can occupy your vision for 50% of the field, the closer you are to midfield the worse their impact.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Row 1 is the best, but depending on where your seats are you don't want to be looking through the glass protector at the end of each staircase.  It's the only downside of Row 1....the aisle seats can be dicey.  Looking at the photo of the Mezz Club's, that person in Seat 1 is looking through the glass for the last 25 yards of the field.

SAR I

Section 237, I am 6 seats in from the aisle on the side closest to section 239.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

div1_zpsiehbkevi.jpg

div2_zpsmer2ihf2.jpg

It's not plexiglass, it's real glass, and it's annoying for anyone who sits in my aisle seat.  It doesn't affect anyone in Seat 2 or Seat 3.

Now, my seats are in the corner (above), so it only impacts a tiny corner of the endzone.  For someone in the Mezz Club's sitting straight-on looking at the field the glass is a bigger issue.  Imagine being the fan who has Mezz Club's Row 1 Aisle Seat 1 on the 50 yard line....thinks he has the best seat in the entire stadium.  But he's watching 50% of the field through a windshield.

Photos above of my seats were taken a few months before the stadium opened.  The steel grates were replaced by the glass by opening day 2010.  But you can see that they are in the line of sight of anyone on the Aisle in Row 1 or Row 2. 

SAR I

My Rep also mentioned that depending on your height some of the sideline view is obstructed by the wall when sitting back in your seat, but if you lean forwards it's a non issue, any opinion on that?

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Guy who owns the 2 seats next to me is trying to sell his seats on after market, and uses this description of the seats in Sellers Comments section.

Seller Comments: camera is over left shoulder, seats give same view as TV.

I haven't been up there yet so I don't know how accurate of a description this is.

On 6/17/2017 at 0:38 PM, Lupz27 said:

My Rep also mentioned that depending on your height some of the sideline view is obstructed by the wall when sitting back in your seat, but if you lean forwards it's a non issue, any opinion on that?

OZY1z7c.jpg

[Photo taken from my Seat 3 in Row 1, for size reference the person looking at the camera in Seat 1 is a 10 year old boy who is a friend of my son.]

That is correct, when you are in the first row you slide forwards a touch and sit on the front edge of the seat so that you can see over the wall. Most games we just lean our upper bodies forward too and let the wall support our weight on our arms. It's not uncomfortable. 

I should point out that what I just described about leaning the upper body forward and resting elbows on the wall allows the person in the aisle seat to get his head past the pane of glass and thus have no obstruction. But it would mean leaning forward the whole time.  If that person sits as I describe slid forward on the edge of the seat without leaning forward onto the wall they would have the obstruction. Again, this only applies to the person in Seat 1 on the aisle. 

It should be noted that when you are sitting the cupholders are mounted at about chest level on the mezzanine wall itself so you don't get into that situation on your seat where your arms and elbows are locked in by a soda cup on one side or a beer on the other. It's nice that they're out of the way.  I sneak a green string pack into the stadium and the loop each end over two adjacent cupholders so the bag hangs between them. It's great place to put stuff like hats and gloves and scarves without it being in your seat or getting dirty on the floor. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

It should be noted that when you are sitting the cupholders are mounted at about chest level on the mezzanine wall itself so you don't get into that situation on your seat where your arms and elbows are locked in by a soda cup on one side or a beer on the other. It's nice that they're out of the way.  I sneak a green string pack into the stadium and the loop each end over two adjacent cupholders so the bag hangs between them. It's great place to put stuff like hats and gloves and scarves without it being in your seat or getting dirty on the floor. 

SAR I

Thanks SAR

From what I've seen in other photos are that club seats have more room between the wall, and the seat, AND the cup holder is on the seat not the wall in Row 1 in club seats different from other Row 1 seats in the building as shown in this picture.

0115A532-9997-4BD9-97B6-436526E65772-10263-00000AB6887B376D.jpeg

On 6/17/2017 at 7:30 PM, Lupz27 said:

Thanks SAR

From what I've seen in other photos are that club seats have more room between the wall, and the seat, AND the cup holder is on the seat not the wall in Row 1 in club seats different from other Row 1 seats in the building as shown in this picture.

u4qYQOc.jpg

Yes, the Club seats in Row 1 have cupholders on the arms, they also have padded seats not unlike a movie theater.

They also appear to have more legroom which is not a good thing-  what that means is that they are further away from the wall meaning that the fans there need to sit on the edge of the seat and lean forward resting on the wall in order to see the field.  See bottom photo.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

IMG_4867_zps9rslfgyu.jpg

IMG_5022_zpsgzf0bzn7.jpg

Yes, the Club seats in Row 1 have cupholders on the arms, they also have padded seats not unlike a movie theater.

They also appear to have more legroom which is not a good thing-  what that means is that they are further away from the wall meaning that the fans there need to sit on the edge of the seat and lean forward resting on the wall in order to see the field.  See bottom photo.

SAR I

That's actually fine by me I'm always into the action on edge of seat, so won't even notice I'm doing it, the cup holders not on the front wall is a bummer thou.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, Lupz27 said:

So I'm better off 5 seats in then on the aisle for Row 1 so the plexiglass is not an issue?

Yes IMO.  Of course it depends on which side of the aisle you are sitting.  If you need to look through the plexiglass to see the end zone, move over a few seats.  If you are on the other side of the aisle it is obviously not an issue.  I was fixated on the plexiglass and gave up otherwise great seats because of it. 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, mtwarlock31 said:

I wouldn't want to waste all of Woody's well earned money when he has no shot at competing. He is such a great guy. Trust me, I know, I had a PSL. He let me shake his hand in his clubhouse before a game.

I'm sure he washed his hands or hit the Purell moments after shaking your unwashed commoner hand. 

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

Spoke to my rep today.

He said there will alot of movement this week with inventory.

Told me to call back on Friday when there should be more open seats.

Trying to score a big upgrade.

Thing is most of the people moving are the ones scoring the big upgrade, and the seats that open up will be their left overs no?

If I had to guess all the premium upgrades have been scooped up last Friday.  Hope you land something good thou GL.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Thing is most of the people moving are the ones scoring the big upgrade, and the seats that open up will be their left overs no?

If I had to guess all the premium upgrades have been scooped up last Friday.  Hope you land something good thou GL.

My guy seems to think there is still time.

I could have snatched up seats 4 rows lower than mine ( I am in Row 17) but he convinced me to wait.

Felt the ones in Row 13 would still be there by Friday.  I'm going with what he tells me.

If I stay in Row 17 I will be fine.

14 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Finalized my upgrade today.

129 Row 13 Seats 7&8.

Rep told me usually everyone Row 1 - 10 in the LL keeps their seats so I trusted him and went with it.

22 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Finalized my upgrade today.

129 Row 13 Seats 7&8.

Rep told me usually everyone Row 1 - 10 in the LL keeps their seats so I trusted him and went with it.

Congrats!

Not sure if this is your first time in the Verizon corner, but it has its benefits, especially when leaving the stadium if you park in the right location.

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Congrats!

Not sure if this is your first time in the Verizon corner, but it has its benefits, especially when leaving the stadium if you park in the right location.

SAR I

Thanks SAR!

I know you know this but one of the key features of where I am at is that the sun will be at my back - no glare and no straining to watch the game.

I did buy the Green Passes so I will be in and out of there in a heartbeat.

Something else I considered when I moved.... If you look at the aerial of MLS, you will see the closest field level sections to the field are the LLEZ corners.

I wanted to be as close to "in the game" as I could.

One other perk in 129:  First row is Row 3 so even though on paper I am Row 13, I am actually in Row 11.

Can't complain at all.

Like I have said before, this is like getting into the stock market in 2008.

Looking forward to the same returns.

On 6/17/2017 at 0:38 PM, Lupz27 said:

does anyone have thoughts on this issue?  do you have to lean forward the whole game?  this is for club seats (mezz)

On 6/17/2017 at 7:30 PM, Lupz27 said:

Thanks SAR

0115A532-9997-4BD9-97B6-436526E65772-10263-00000AB6887B376D.jpeg

this photo seems to imply that there is glass (or something) in front of the seats .  

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

I moved up to Row 1 club section seats.  very excited to have a better view of our (hopefully) 2-14 season....

Nice, I also moved up to Row 1, the glass is only in front of the steps down the aisle, and according to @SAR I only is an issue if your on the aisle seat.

Archived