Lamont Jordan Predictions ?

Smizzy

1,450 yds, 10 TDs

If they feed him the ball enough, I could see him winning the rushing title, but I think the Raiders will look to pass first and run second.

Im with you.

Lamont Jordan Aka DA BEAST was one of my favorites since day 1.

1247 9Td's

Moss will eat up a ton of Td's.

Lamont Jordan will never gain 1,000 yards in a single NFL season. You heard it here first.

Pulled hammy anyone?

That's crazy talk, Max.

The real question is "Will Curtis Martin ever rush for 1,00 yards in a season again while averaging over 4 yards per carry?"

I'm as big a Martin fan as anyone else here not named Savage, but there is no way Curtis can keep up the pace. All the great running backs have begun a downward spiral at the age he's at.

That's crazy talk, Max.

The real question is "Will Curtis Martin ever rush for 1,00 yards in a season again while averaging over 4 yards per carry?"

I'm as big a Martin fan as anyone else here not named Savage, but there is no way Curtis can keep up the pace. All the great running backs have begun a downward spiral at the age he's at.

He will slow down. But with the year he just had slowing down might mean 1,250 yards. Not too shabby.

683 yards 3.8 yards a run 5 tds

Justin Fargas starts taking carries away from Lamont by seasons end.

LOL...just kidding

If Jordan plays all 16 games

1,500 yds 8 tds

That will be pretty close to Martin's

1,697 yards and 12 tds last year

i think LJ takes off bigtime, and the jets FO will look like a bunch of fools

LJ 1800 15-18 TDS 4.5 per carry

CM 1100 5 tds 3.7 per carry

DB 150 1 td 3.0 per carry

Hey assmop,

I know that you are a closet Pats fan and secretly can't stand the Jets... but not even Shasta would make that kind of prediction about any of those 3...

L-J - 1,700+ rushing,300 receiving, 12 TD's

... he will have a monster year ... moss & porter on the outside will keep 7 in the box ... i agree the raiders will look pass first to start the year out, but by the end of the season L-J will make Al Davis reconsider ...

... pick him up in the mid rounds if you are in a fantasy draft...

Hey assmop,

I know that you are a closet Pats fan and secretly can't stand the Jets... but not even Shasta would make that kind of prediction about any of those 3...

Ask Garb if i'm a closet pats fan

Cm is on the decline, would not be surprised if he is

injured this year and misses 4-5 games. every RB his age starts to hit the wall.

I believe LJ will be a major F'n star, the yards will be there and the TD ops will be there as well.

DB will be a bust, he is a scatback and will have zero impact to this team. He is not capable of being a starter, he had his chance in KC and promptly got hurt. BTW half of his yardage came vs NO and ATL during a 56-10 romping. He may be able to spell CM

for a few carries but he is not the future starting RB

Lamont Jordan will never gain 1,000 yards in a single NFL season. You heard it here first.

Pulled hammy anyone?

Reminds me of the Duce Staley signing by us last year. I was blasted for calling him a career 3rd down back that probably would suffer an injury or two by mid-season in our pounding offense. :roll:

you guys are mistaken if you think Lamont gets 1500 in an offnse with Moss and POrter

the Raiders never run the ball _that_ much

they are going to be throwing alot more than they run.

also Zach Crockett gets all the TDs

Lamont Jordan gets 1100 and 4 TDs with 400 yards rec.

you guys are mistaken if you think Lamont gets 1500 in an offnse with Moss and POrter

bit- Zack got the GL carries, cause they had sh*t for

a RB, now they have a star!!!!!!!!

BTW the Raiders D still blows, they will have to run the ball to win!!!!!!!!!!

Ok lets add some Reality here! The Raiders don't

use a 1 back system like the Jets and some other

Teams do! Marcus Allen a Raider for 11 years only

had 1 300+ carry year! Although in his Super Bowl

he ran for 191 yds and 2 TD's on 20 carries! Unlike

some other Ahem..Greats!!If Jordan gets 250 carries

he'll break 1100-1200 yds..But keep in mind he has

never played a full Pro Season! So I have no Clue

about what he could do..Which is why I wanted him

to get a start or 2 in his 4 yr's here! :wink:

Pulled hammy anyone?

I tend to agree with Max-all this 1400 yards stuff-I don't see it especially with the way their O is set up Moss,Porter-Collins MAYBE 1060 somethin like that.

That's crazy talk, Max.

No, the real question is will Martin ever get over his "PennyBoy" syndrome?

Will he ever gain more than 70 yards against a top defensive team?

Right Savage? :lol::lol:

ChargerBoy here, I'm the only one who has to actually care how many yards he gets. I think he will get 1143 yards and 6TDs. But against the Chargers his game average will be 58.3 yards. :D (I wish) Anyway, I'm still wondering why you let him go. :? I mean do the Jets have some other awesome backup we don't know about? Lamot is gonna be good.

Of course that is supposing the Raiduh's actually hand him the ball! The Raiders have Tyrone Wheatly, who I think is a really good RB...if they would just give him the ball.

So anyway, yeah Lamont Jordan, I think will do well.

Anyway, I'm still wondering why you let him go. :? I mean do the Jets have some other awesome backup we don't know about?

The Jets have the greatest RB in the history of the NFL.

He will gain 1,600 yards (on 1,700 carries) for the next 10 years.

Lamont was expendable.

No, the real question is will Martin ever get over his "PennyBoy" syndrome?

Will he ever gain more than 70 yards against a top defensive team?

Right Savage? :lol::lol:

Kidding aside Tex that's a Valid point! When the

Chips are down Martin ain't around! The one thing

that makes me laugh is the Number 1 Cumar excuse..

They had 8 men in a Box to stop him..LOL The Old

NFL was called 3 yd's and a Cloud of Dust because

it was a Running League! The Teams ALWAYS planned

to stop the other Teams "Great Back's" Like Brown,

Sayers,Lenny Moore,Jim Taylor,OJ,Earl Campbell etc

Point was they couldn't..Great Backs can run against

Great Defense's..Hell,Snell was a very Good back and

he had 121 yds and a TD against the Number 1 Defense

in the Jets Super Bowl..And the Jet D held the Colts

to 7 points and the Colts were number 2 in scoring

that year!!Winner's take Home the Trophies..Losers

come up with excuses for not Winning the Big one! :roll:

bit- Zack got the GL carries, cause they had sh*t for

a RB, now they have a star!!!!!!!!

BTW the Raiders D still blows, they will have to run the ball to win!!!!!!!!!!

um... ok... first off if your defense SUCKS then you go down quick and your running game gets abandoned. That's point #1. Note that throughout NFL history GREAT defenses are usually accompanied by BALL CONTROL offenses (85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 86 Giants, etc) - and usually crappy defenses are accompanied by RUN AND GUN offenses - rarely will you find a team with a s--t defense playing ball control

second point Lamont Jordan is not a Goal-line back. we've ALL seen him get outright STUFFED on 3rd and goal from the 1, 4th and 1, etc. Let's not pretend he's something that he's not. Lamont Jordan has a better chance running 15 yards to the corner on a short yardage play then 1 yard up the gut over a DL. If the Raiders try to use LJ as a Goaline back (over Zach Crockett who not only is the best in the business but that's the only reason he's on the roster) i will be EXTREMELY SURPRISED.

Anyway, I'm still wondering why you let him go. :? I mean do the Jets have some other awesome backup we don't know about?

This is the salary cap era and The JETS can't pay 8 million dollars in Signing bonus to a backup running back. Say what you will about Curtis Martin there are two FACTS no one can deny - he won the rushing title last year and the JETS are paying him like a rock star. The Chargers may have tons of cap room since they are paying 2 high priced QB's even tho they can only play 1 - the JETS do not have that kind of cap space.

Well given that he plays against the Chiefs twice makes his numbers a little higher. I am thinking 1375 and 9 tds. If Norv Turner had any sense it could get higher. With the wrs the Raiders have they could actually spread the field and run the ball on 3rd and 6 and get it.

i think you could be even more negative. try a little harder. :shock:

Ask Garb if i'm a closet pats fan

Cm is on the decline, would not be surprised if he is

injured this year and misses 4-5 games. every RB his age starts to hit the wall.

I believe LJ will be a major F'n star, the yards will be there and the TD ops will be there as well.

DB will be a bust, he is a scatback and will have zero impact to this team. He is not capable of being a starter, he had his chance in KC and promptly got hurt. BTW half of his yardage came vs NO and ATL during a 56-10 romping. He may be able to spell CM

for a few carries but he is not the future starting RB

You have been on fire lately Bit. I gotta agree with you except for The Crockett part.

Norv Turner has a good problem now in Oakland. He loves to run the ball alot. Did it in the past with Ricky and Smith. He's gotta throw alot to keep his WR's happy.

If Jordan plays 16 games, He will be a 1,000 yard back. It's easier to average 4.5 yards a run on 70 carries, Try doing it on 300 carries.

Lamont is in the perfect spot. If he went to Chicago, He might have struggled but The Raiders have serious weapons and no team can play 8 man fronts.

If Martin plays all 16 games, You can write it down. Atleast 1,200 yards and 8 tds

That's a regular day in the office for Martin.

As for Blaylock. Derrick is a big play back. He's better at breaking the long run than Jordan. That's what he will provide for The Jets.

As for Blaylock. Derrick is a big play back. He's better at breaking the long run than Jordan. That's what he will provide for The Jets

I'm disputing your False Facts..What's the biggest

Play Blaylock broke YJF?? I bet Jordan has had

bigger plays and I also bet Blaylock hasn't broken

one bigger then even Martin!! :wink:

according to NFL.com

RUSHING LONGS

Blaylock - 25

Martin - 70

Jordan - 61

REC LONGS

Blaylock - 63

Jordan - 27

Martin - 41

Jordan is the better back. We all know that. So let me just get that out of the way. I'm a big fan of Lamont's and I'm glad he's getting a chance to be a starter. He deserves it.

Since college. Blaylock and Jordan are much different players. Blaylock is more of a big play back.

Blaylock is a speed back with great hands. He has 4.3 speed.

Both LJ and DB have had limited touches in The NFL.

Jordan has had more work than DB. Not by alot. He's had 100 more touches.

Jordan's two longest runs the last two years are 33 and 39 yards. He's had over 300 touches in his career. His longest play from scrimmage is 61 yards.

Blayock has had under 200 touches. His longest play is 63 yards.

Statistically, There is not much difference. Jordan has gotten more work in The NFL.

To me, Lamont is a complete back who has the potential to be a star.

Blaylock is a speed guy. That's his forte. He can fly. He's faster than Jordan.

They probably both have the same amount of big plays in The NFL. Hard to judge it completely on their limited work but based on physical talents and their college careers.

Blaylock is more of a big play threat running and catching the football.

Archived