A pragmatist's guide to watching the 2017 Jets season

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Kacy Rogers is not a teacher nor does he need to be...not when you now have Dunn, Green, and I always forget the new CB coach name.  Mo way they were going to get rid of him anyway as they might as well fire Bowles too if they did.

as far as who will start - I think the best player should start.  I thought Petty look the best with the least and didnt start last year nor did they ever have any intentions no matter how good he played.....now many were fired so how that work out for them?

I have no idea what they will do this year but if McCown looks the best in PS then he should play but only if he is way better.

Can we talk about who your teachers were?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

no it wasnt considering that is how the draft fell....in a year where there were no blue chip QB, LT, out of reach OLB he did the right thing by not reaching.

the rest of your crying i was too tired to read...

We all know who to watch on the Jets and otherwise to truly judge this year's and last year's draft.

For this year, Bowles was not taking injured cbs.   Need to watch the other cbs and safeties picked in round 2.

I would taken Elflein in 3, and then looked at wr in 4.  We have too many WRs.  

But my biggest hope is that Woody realizes that this is not working and sells the team before he destroys its value.

How many people in the New York area do you know who support non-NY football teams?

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Decker is a weird case in that he's always been a highly productive guy who received relatively little interest as a free agent and signed here pretty cheaply. It didn't seem like the Broncos players were shedding too many tears, either, and former Bronco Mark Schlereth ripped him on the way out as an overrated primadonna. I like Decker on the field, but his comments and actions during the Fitzpatrick negotiations, along with his predictable headlong dive onto IR when the season went to hell, seems to indicate that he's not exactly a galvanizing force in any locker room he's in.

Dudes are jealous of Decker because he's a late round pick who's wife is hotter than pretty much all of theirs. I would argue including Brady's...

13 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Macc is in charge here if you have not figured that out yet

You really think it was Bowles who went out and got Morton, Bates, the 2 other off assists, Green, Dunn, and the cb coach....the only thing Bowles did was sit in on interviews and pout...they hired his future replacement in there.

You really think Bowles had any say in draft or FA...uhm no.

So what's left? Who will play....Bowles lost lots credibility in that department last season with RB,  QB,  secondary decisions.  He riding a 10 and 6 season from year before.  He wont have that same luxory again.  By default Macc is deciding who will play by bringing in the new coaches.

So what's left ? Bowles is just a rubber stamper and his days are numbered.

You are so totally wrong on this post it's amazing, almost everything we have seen indicates that Bowles is being catered to.  However lets just for a moment say you are not wrong (which you are).

If you are correct Macagnan should immediately be fired before he gets his next coffee.  Three drafts, no QB, no LT (almost no Oline at all), no Wr weapon, no RB weapon, no #1 CB.

Last two drafts a long shot bust qb, a small ilb who was going to be deion buchanon and now two safeties in a draft that supposed was loaded with safeties.  The one and only thing that could save mac is that fact that he is drafting for bowles and his defense.  If he is truly the boss and doing this on his own he is a bad joke.

My Pragmatist Guide to Surviving the 2017 Season:

1. Get really psyched for the first game because we are 0-0, and anything can happen, and our young guys might be really good after all. The point is, we want as much run as possible, so that the season has some meaning, so that Sunday's have something to look forward to, so that we are at least playing meaningful games  in October.

2. If we are good and we have a bunch of exciting young guys playing well, there will be a lot to look forward to this season.

3. If we stink again, and it begins to emerge that both our young qb's are no good and there is virtually nothing to look forward to, we just thank the Lord that the games are 1:00 starts, and at least we didn't waste a complete night watching them and being tired the next day.

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You are so totally wrong on this post it's amazing, almost everything we have seen indicates that Bowles is being catered to.  However lets just for a moment say you are not wrong (which you are).

If you are correct Macagnan should immediately be fired before he gets his next coffee.  Three drafts, no QB, no LT (almost no Oline at all), no Wr weapon, no RB weapon, no #1 CB.

Last two drafts a long shot bust qb, a small ilb who was going to be deion buchanon and now two safeties in a draft that supposed was loaded with safeties.  The one and only thing that could save mac is that fact that he is drafting for bowles and his defense.  If he is truly the boss and doing this on his own he is a bad joke.

I am always totally and amazingly right

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

(Hint: Josh McCown is the only quarterback to appear--at all--in a promo video on the NYJ official website.)

Lol consperiacy theorist....I bet you were one of those spreading the chem trails one?

As far as this goes if you had been paying attention you may have learned that neither Petty or Hack has done any interviews yet.  They stated McCown would be made available in 1st week of OTA,  Petty will be 2nd week,  and Hack 3rd week.   So they simply had no video yet of Petty or Hack to put in this video.

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Lol consperiacy theorist....I bet you were one of those spreading the chem trails one?

As far as this goes if you had been paying attention you may have learned that neither Petty or Hack has done any interviews yet.  They stated McCown would be made available in 1st week of OTA,  Petty will be 2nd week,  and Hack 3rd week.   So they simply had no video yet of Petty or Hack to put in this video.

Chemtrails are real

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, T0mShane said:

4. Assistant coaches spend their entire adult lives angling for a shot at an HC job and taking the wrong one can ruin their professional lives in the span of two years. Bowles, if he's fired at the end of the year, will never get another head coaching job. Gus Bradley will never get another shot. Marty Mornhinweig, Jim Schwartz, etc etc. The Jets job is death right now.

You are making the leap of faith that it was the Jets that killed Bowles and not vice versa.  I'm not sure Bowles showed anything to warrant another HC job at this point.  Maybe he can turn it around this season, but while you can't blame a coach for lack of talent, you can certainly blame him for lack of effort and focus.  Bowles may turn out okay or he may turn out to be another in a long line of Jets head coaches who were really good DCs that got Peter Principled up one level too high.

By the way, just as a reminder, Pete Carroll 'failed' here. 

Just now, slats said:

People who say Mangini sucks overrate him. 

Clearly, Mangini was bad with people management, but a lot of good players magically appeared on the roster while he was here and that coincidentally stopped when he left.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Clearly, Mangini was bad with people management, but a lot of good players magically appeared on the roster while he was here and that coincidentally stopped when he left.

Mangini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rex

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Didn't he grace us with Gholston?

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You are making the leap of faith that it was the Jets that killed Bowles and not vice versa.  I'm not sure Bowles showed anything to warrant another HC job at this point.  Maybe he can turn it around this season, but while you can't blame a coach for lack of talent, you can certainly blame him for lack of effort and focus.  Bowles may turn out okay or he may turn out to be another in a long line of Jets head coaches who were really good DCs that got Peter Principled up one level too high.

By the way, just as a reminder, Pete Carroll 'failed' here. 

Pete went 6-10 and Hess stabbed him in the back.

FTR, I think Bowles is a bad head coach and was completely unprepared for this specific job. The Jets job, as currently constituted, would need a CEO-type control freak coach. Maccagnan is a weak-willed overpromoted scout, Woody is a dope who seems to have backed off, and there's a power vacuum right now that a megalomaniac type-A coach could really take advantage of, but Bowles isn't that, at all. 

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Didn't he grace us with Gholston?

Every coach and personnel leader can point to a huge failure every one of them. Gholston was a really bad spot for the Jets. It was a huge boom or bust proposition, most understood that. They took the risk and got the bust. Happens.

16 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Every coach and personnel leader can point to a huge failure every one of them. Gholston was a really bad spot for the Jets. It was a huge boom or bust proposition, most understood that. They took the risk and got the bust. Happens.

And not to excuse the pick because Mangini should have known better, but that first round was an ungodly bust factory:

IMG_0452.PNG

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Ooooh so he gets excuses because of how the draft was I c how u work.

Unless you're confined to an iron lung and are typing by pecking at an inverted keyboard using the eraser of a pencil you have wedged between your teeth, there is no excuse to not type out "see" and "you."

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Unless you're confined to an iron lung and are typing by pecking at an inverted keyboard using the eraser of a pencil you have wedged between your teeth, there is no excuse to not type out "see" and "you."

What are u an eng teacher this is a FB forum.....nerd!

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And by the by...why didn't he trade down get more picks and draft a qb 

Archived