Calvin Pryor traded to Browns for Demario Davis: MERGED

Ghost

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's certainly... interesting.  The Jets obviously had no more interest / need for Pryor, so can't be surprised with making a move there.  The return of Davis is... something.  I guess that tells you about how the Jets really feel about their LB corps right now.  Curious if they are bringing Davis back simply as a backup and/or competition for Lee, or if this could possibly mean the end of Harris.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

It's certainly... interesting.  The Jets obviously had no more interest / need for Pryor, so can't be surprised with making a move there.  The return of Davis is... something.  I guess that tells you about how the Jets really feel about their LB corps right now.  Curious if they are bringing Davis back simply as a backup and/or competition for Lee, or if this could possibly mean the end of Harris.

This is the only way this makes any sense.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Demario Davis, who is awful, but tell me again how great that Darron Lee pick was again.

Is it possible that we turn around and trade David Harris now? I've lost track of what the LBer depth chart looks like... The sad part about this is, the "pipeline of LBers" thing was actually promising to me. Now, I question the viability of the players that have been added, if we taking back past failures.

Just now, sourceworx said:

This is the only way this makes any sense.

That's the only thing I can think of, unless the team absolutely despises Pryor to the point that they were just glad to get him out of the locker room.  His salary was guaranteed, so it's theoretically possible they see it as a win just being able to get his deal off the books.  Who the hell knows.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Pryor-Davis-helicopter-09131-AlPereira-7

I like what Maccagnan is doing.  Find a photo on the internet and trade them all for each other.

Might work.

SAR I

Yes, I love that Mac's "rebuild plan" is to beg for former Browns players to come help us improve our roster. I love it.

Just now, Kleckineau said:

I can hear it from McCagg now...

Davis will be a good veteran presence for Darron Lee to learn from much like McCown will help the youn QBs

Correct. We cannot have any young players on our roster without a failed, veteran counterpart to teach them how to play football at the same position. This is why, after last season being a sh*t show, Bowles was permitted to fire his entire coaching staff and rehire all position coaches. 

The Jets make as much sense as the evangelicals voting for Trump.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We're at the point where we're whining about not getting a 7th round pick in a trade. This is what it has come to here. Amazing. No wonder I've stayed away

We are pointing and laughing. You are whining about what we are doing. 

Archived