Calvin Pryor traded to Browns for Demario Davis: MERGED

Ghost

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good deal

Pryor was already losing his starting gig at the beginning of last season to Miles if you were paying attention.  The only reason he was playing towards end of season was because we lost Gilchrist and season was already lost so his days were already number before the draft.

We need a good back up for Mike behind Harris.  Lee is a Will and so are all the others on current depth.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So we're trading our 1st round bust from 2014 for our 3rd round bust from 2012?

I'm glad BIGMACCCCC waited until now to start purging Idzik's mess. Makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Is it possible that we turn around and trade David Harris now? I've lost track of what the LBer depth chart looks like... The sad part about this is, the "pipeline of LBers" thing was actually promising to me. Now, I question the viability of the players that have been added, if we taking back past failures.

Given that Maccagnan gave huge money to Harris, then begged Dont'a Hightower to come here, it'd seem like Lee is the one they're worried about, imo

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

A 7th has at least a small chance of turning into a useful player.

That and there seriously wasnt any other position out there he could have traded for?  Besides the fact Davis sucks out loud but was there not another position you could have traded for if no one was willing to part ways with a pick? 

Safeties and ILB - this is our rebuild plan.  ******* amazing.  

Meanwhile, Hack has 2-3 good throws out 30...in non-contact practice. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

He's worth a 6th or 7th round pick. I'd rather have that than a LB who cant cover toast. 

How the hell do you know this?? The guy was about to get cut because he sucks. Have you seen what usually nets 6th or 7th round picks? Certainly not backup safeties who suck.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Hope of a pick. Not flashbacks of Davis getting burnt and beaten for TDs. 

seems like a depth move.  with jenkins/mauldin on the outside and lee on the inside, where is the ILB depth?

when the jets took 2 safeties in the draft, day 3 would have been the logical time to trade pryor, even if it was for a 2018 draft pick.  he has zero value, his tape sucks.

Somewhere in the western suburbs of Boston, Bill Belichek reaches down and takes the ball gag out of James White's mouth and asks him, "Remember the SB when you caught 14 passes out of the backfield? You'll have over 20 against the Jets this year..."

Using 

Just now, dbatesman said:

You guys remember when it came out that Maccagnan turned downa 2nd rounder for Richardson? And JN's best and brightest told us that story was fake news, because there's no way Maccagnan is that dumb? Well,

He;s not dumb. This is not a bad trade at all. Looking at their career stats, Davis has more value than Pryor

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Given that Maccagnan gave huge money to Harris, then begged Dont'a Hightower to come here, it'd seem like Lee is the one they're worried about, imo

i disagree.  i think it shows where they think the least depth is on the roster, ILB.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Remember, Davis had rep of strong leadership rep coming out of college..He now gets a 1 yr tryout to replace Harris

LB Demario Davis signs 2-year, $8 million deal with Browns; is expected to start

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/lb_demario_davis_agrees_to_2_y.html

Contractually, this is us basically Brock Osweiler'ing Pryor. 

Jets Swap S Pryor for LB Demario Davis

Eric Allen Sr. Reporter/Director, Internet Programming 

Davis Was a Third-Round Pick of the Jets in the 2012 NFL Draft

The Jets have reacquired veteran LB Demario Davis, sending the Cleveland Browns S Calvin Pryor in a one-for-one player trade.

Davis, an Arkansas State product who was a third-round selection of the Jets in 2012, started 15 games for the Browns last season and finished with 99 tackles and two sacks. After recording 16 special-teams stops his rookie season in New York, Davis started 16 games each of the next three Jets' campaigns and collected 120, 125 and 114 tackles while playing alongside Davis Harris. The 6'2", 248-pound Davis has 8.5 career sacks and four fumble recoveries.

The 5'11", 207-pound Pryor, a first-round selection of the Jets in 2014, started 38 of 44 games the past three seasons. He posted 217 tackles, two interceptions, 14 passes defensed and two forced fumbles for the Green & White.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if Davis was offered cupcakes as part of the deal? 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

What do I want?  More ILB'ers.  More resources spent on Safeties and ILB, that's what I want. 

I am disappointed that Mac wasn't able to land a legitimate starting QB for Pryor. I hope Woody can get in a GM who can do that next time. It would make us much better.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i disagree.  i think it shows where they think the least depth is on the roster, ILB.

When I look at the Jets and ask "where do we need to invest more resources?" the only answer is inside linebacker

Can't take what probably wasn't being offered .. 

Cleveland probably offered a burnt hot dog or Davis. Bowles made the executive decision for the hot dog but they waited to long and that fell through so we settled on Davis.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, NoBowles said:

I am disappointed that Mac wasn't able to land a legitimate starting QB for Pryor. I hope Woody can get in a GM who can do that next time. It would make us much better.

ILB'ers and Safeties is how you fill a roster and field a competitive team.

Archived