Calvin Pryor traded to Browns for Demario Davis: MERGED

Ghost

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KRL said:

I wish the majority of Jet fans would stop being "two faced" for just a minute.  You can't complain
for years about how awful Pryor is then complain when you don't get a high draft pick back for him.
Uh, that's not logical

Yes.  That's it.  We all expected a high draft pick for Calvin Pryor.  That's why were are upset.  

Nothing to do with the amount of resources poured into non-value positions.  Nope.  It's that we didnt get a high pick for a sh*tty player. 

28 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Here's one: a draft pick--any draft pick--is categorically more valuable than a 28-year-old on a one-year deal who plays a low-value position poorly.

To be fair, I'd be shocked if you could even get a 7th for Pryor. And lets be honest, even if we did get a 7th, Bowles would have called for another LB'er or safety anyway, so whats the diff?

Just now, JiF said:

Yes.  That's it.  We all expected a high draft pick for Calvin Pryor.  That's why were are upset.  

Nothing to do with the amount of resources poured into non-value positions.  Nope.  It's that we didnt get a high pick for a sh*tty player. 

Agree, I am so angry becasue I wanted a starting QB or a starting CB for Pryor. But noooooo, we have to take a crappy ILB for him.

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

I wish the majority of Jet fans would stop being "two faced" for just a minute.  You can't complain
for years about how awful Pryor is then complain when you don't get a high draft pick back for him.
Uh, that's not logical

I'd like to nominate KRL for the "fall from grace" thread.

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Uh, that's not logical

Those "fans" don't think, they just bitch and I'll just stop there.   

Just now, NoBowles said:

Agree, I am so angry becasue I wanted a starting QB or a starting CB for Pryor. But noooooo, we have to take a crappy ILB for him.

ILB'ers and Safeties are more important than QB's.  Wake up, bro.

Good trade, we save 1.6 million in salary compared with releasing him.  Davis will be a camp body and pretty much a guaranteed cut.

its a win relative to what was going to happen, namely simply cutting him.

Just now, Pac said:

Good move.

Macc is draining the swamp...  up next is that tub of crap Richardson.  Trade him for a bag of goddamn snacks.

Tear it down.. tear it ALL down!

Somewhere out there, there is a mediocre, undersized ILB that is the lynchpin to Bowles defense working... we must find him, and no price is too high to pay for him.

#makeithappenbiggggggmaacccccccccccccc

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

gjx1b.jpg

he needed to go and he never should have been picked to begin with but yet we keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again.

can we now say he is a bust and once again the fans that hated the pick from day one were right?

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Well, I still would have preferred we traded Pryor for a good QB, but I guess I see where your coming from.

You're already writing off Hack and Petty?  Jeez, man.  Have a little faith. 

2 minutes ago, Hael said:

Good trade, we save 1.6 million in salary compared with releasing him.  Davis will be a camp body and pretty much a guaranteed cut.

its a win relative to what was going to happen, namely simply cutting him.

I wouldn't be surprised by that, but also wouldn't count out the possibility of them using Davis as an opportunity to cut Harris, which would save them $6.5M with no hit.  Lee obviously isn't going anywhere regardless of what anyone thinks of him, so curious if these other two will be battling it out for a spot.  Keeping all 3 would be a bit curious.

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yes, the JN experts have spoken. When experts speak, I listen!!

You should like, think for yourself but I feel ya.  We have some bosses up in here.  

Good news is, we're loaded at S and ILB'er.  So LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

the real crime is they waited to long to do trade him and killed his value-they did the same with s rich too

I would say get rid of hack now before the book is out on him that he sucks something awful but the rest of the NFL already knew this

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You should like, think for yourself but I feel ya.  We have some bosses up in here.  

Good news is, we're loaded at S and ILB'er.  So LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thinking for yourself is waaaaayyyyyyyyyy overrated. I tried it once and started smelling smoke, so I stopped immediately, never to try it again.

You can never have enough depth at S and ILB! Never!!

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

:Maccagnan trades two first rounders for Deone Buccanon:

Jets fans: good trade buchanan is elite

I thought Pryor was going to transition into that role since the Jets are loaded at ILB and S?

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

So is anyone else anxiously awaiting the upcoming trade for Kyle Wilson?

yeah that would be genius-I am sure he grew a foot by now-I always thought it was so so brillant drafting a guy that looked like a high school kid out there

54 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

How could anybody hate this trade? Pryor has a sh*t attitude and has had borderline zero production as a Jet. Demario Davis was a steady contributor throughout his entire time here. He just struggled in coverage.

100% agree. Jet fans are ridiculous. Davis was not 'awful', he just struggled in coverage. Davis wasn't cut b/c he was an awful player, the Jets did not believe he was worth the contract he wanted. They would have definitely kept him if they could keep him on the cheap. Furthermore, Davis was solid in Cleveland. He played well for them...while Pryor kept regressing. Who cares if Pryor was a first round pick and Davis a 3rd rounder!? Davis is the better player!!! 

Does this mean the end of Harris? Maybe. But it certainly means the Jets now have a slew of LB depth with a number of players angling for starting roles and roster spots, which should create some great competition. Not to mention a LB coach who should be able to get the best out of them. 

Davis is also in a contract year so he should have extra motivation and the Jets aren't tied to a financial commitment. 

As hard as it may be to swallow the fact that the Jets have given up on a former first round pick, by all means this was a GOOD trade.

Obviously there are those Jet fans that will never be satisfied with anything the Jets do until they win the SB.    

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Demario Davis, who is awful, but tell me again how great that Darron Lee pick was again.

Don't forget overpaid.  You forgot overpaid.

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Actually, a lottery is a lottery. A draft, is actually a draft. Actually.

Literally?

44 minutes ago, Lith said:

This may be nothing more thana  move to clear cap space.  Cleveland takes on Pryor's $1.6MM guaranteed base salary.  The Jets take on Davis' $3.7MM non-guaranteed base.  If we cut Davis prior to the season, we save Pryor's $1.6MM cap hit that we would have had to absorb if we had released him.

I pray this is the case, but I am not optimistic. 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

100% agree. Jet fans are ridiculous. Davis was not 'awful', he just struggled in coverage. Davis wasn't cut b/c he was an awful player, the Jets did not believe he was worth the contract he wanted. They would have definitely kept him if they could keep him on the cheap. Furthermore, Davis was solid in Cleveland. He played well for them...while Pryor kept regressing. Who cares if Pryor was a first round pick and Davis a 3rd rounder!? Davis is the better player!!! 

Does this mean the end of Harris? Maybe. But it certainly means the Jets now have a slew of LB depth with a number of players angling for starting roles and roster spots, which should create some great competition. Not to mention a LB coach who should be able to get the best out of them. 

Davis is also in a contract year so he should have extra motivation and the Jets aren't tied to a financial commitment. 

As hard as it may be to swallow the fact that the Jets have given up on a former first round pick, by all means this was a GOOD trade.

Obviously there are those Jet fans that will never be satisfied with anything the Jets do until they win the SB.    

Non-Premium position + Struggled in coverage + $4M = good pick-up?

Archived