The NBA Finals

HessStation

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, HessStation said:

I'd love to watch the game but I have a ****ing job. F you NBA. 9 o'clock start...

Amazingly competitive game, just like the playoffs were. 

Seriously though, is the current NBA the worst product in the history of  the big 3 pro-sports?  Why not just play a game of horse?   This series has much star power as the Lakers/Celtics and game 1 was boring as **** and all the stars are completely unlikable ass bags.

That said, kudos to LeBron handling what happened to his house in the manner he did.  I hate the dude but he had the perfect response.  I respect the fact he's not afraid of taking a stance.  

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Amazingly competitive game, just like the playoffs were. 

Seriously though, is the current NBA the worst product in the history of  the big 3 pro-sports?  Why not just play a game of horse?   This series has much star power as the Lakers/Celtics and game 1 was boring as **** and all the stars are completely unlikable ass bags.

That said, kudos to LeBron handling what happened to his house in the manner he did.  I hate the dude but he had the perfect response.  I respect the fact he's not afraid of taking a stance.  

Part of the problem is the west is loaded and the east is a joke. Secondly the new style of play and rules is so soft it's lame. Taking the big man C out of the game was a bad idea. Thirdly is the fixed scheduling and timing of the playoff games. Fourthly is the major market teams suck. Even Boston if you want to call them a major market is a cream puff team filled w jags and they had the #1 seed? Fifthly is bad marketing and pr. 6tly is the biggest star is more a villain that hero. I k ow Lebron does a lot of good but I strictly only watch the NBA for some Knicks and rooting against Lebron. *shrugs

16 hours ago, HessStation said:

I know it probably says something horrible about my character but I probably like rooting against Lebron James and the Pats more than rooting for the Knicks and Jets.

Get ready for Lebron to get the Michael Jordan forcefield rules.  NBA is desperate for this to be a 7 game series

6 hours ago, thadude said:

Get ready for Lebron to get the Michael Jordan forcefield rules.  NBA is desperate for this to be a 7 game series

I truly believe this is the only reason why Lebron won last year, except is was more completely bogus fouls they were calling on Curry. If the refs just stayed out of the way Warriors were sweeping that series. 

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

I truly believe this is the only reason why Lebron won last year, except is was more completely bogus fouls they were calling on Curry. If the refs just stayed out of the way Warriors were sweeping that series. 

They suspended Draymond Green even though they really should have suspended him the series before against the OKC Thunder.  But the NBA wanted the Warriors-Cavs matchup plus the Bay area is a way bigger and wealthier market than bumfart Oklahoma.  The warriors players won't be able to look at Lebron tonight without getting a foul called on them

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hess is becoming the guy that invites all his buds over to watch a fight PPV and then in the middle of it he starts ranting about how the dollar isn't backed by gold anymore. 

Speaking of which War For the Planet of the Apes looks massively too over dramatic for me. Can't handle that sh*t. 

If GS sweeps and Paul signs with SA we should just skip the regular season and go straight to the conference finals. The stacking of teams is complete and this league has turned to complete sh*t.

I don't know how or when it happened but both the NFL and NBA suck so many balls now. MLB and MMA are the most entertaining sports the States have going for us. And boxing is surprisingly very good again as well. But holy ******* sh*t is basketball the worst of the worst. And look no further for the blame than the two star players on the court for this Finals.

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

This is awesome. So awesome.

It's not.  It's terrible.  I just watched a team score 132 points in back to back non-competitive Finals.  Unreal.  The only thing that can save this is if the Cavs pull of the same sh*t they did last season.  Those first 4 games were unwatchable, just like this sh*t. 

Watching Steph Curry try to show up LeBron was disgusting.  People think it's entertaining.  I dont get it.  It's not.  It's stupid.  The NBA is a joke.  I mean, LeBron deserves it because he's such a **** stick but my god, between LeBron, Curry, KD, Green, Love, Smith - is there 1 ******* likable guy on the entire court?  Irving?  Thompson?  That's what we got? 

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's not.  It's terrible.  I just watched a team score 132 points in back to back non-competitive Finals.  Unreal.  The only thing that can save this is if the Cavs pull of the same sh*t they did last season.  Those first 4 games were unwatchable, just like this sh*t. 

Watching Steph Curry try to show up LeBron was disgusting.  People think it's entertaining.  I dont get it.  It's not.  It's stupid.  The NBA is a joke.  I mean, LeBron deserves it because he's such a **** stick but my god, between LeBron, Curry, KD, Green, Love, Smith - is there 1 ******* likable guy on the entire court?  Irving?  Thompson?  That's what we got? 

I like Kevin Durant and Curry. Game 2 was glorious. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I like Kevin Durant and Curry. Game 2 was glorious. 

Your hate for LeBron is impressive.  I think you're more passionate about it than I am, which is saying something because I cant stand that dude.  And for me to be fair, part of the reason I hate LeBron was because of the "the decision" and not just the fact he had an hour long show about it but more so because he left to form a super team.  No different than what KD did but I think KD did it on a much bigger pusswah scale than LeBron.

Speaking of which, with the way KD was playing D last night, is the gap between him and LeBron really all that big?  I mean, what does LeBron do that KD cant?  KD is a top 5 shooter in the league, he's 7 feet, can pass, rebound and with a concentrated effort, he can defend really well.  I mean, he's killing LeBron out there.

I do enjoy watching LeBron lose but I'm sickened by watching KD join a team that won the most games in NBA history and is the best player on that team.  So I'm having hard time getting enjoyment out of this LeBron beating. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Speaking of which, with the way KD was playing D last night, is the gap between him and LeBron really all that big?  I mean, what does LeBron do that KD cant?  KD is a top 5 shooter in the league, he's 7 feet, can pass, rebound and with a concentrated effort, he can defend really well.  I mean, he's killing LeBron out there

There's been discussion of Durant being the # 4 forward of all-time.  Lebron, Bird, Duncan, Durant.  It's not that far fetched.

But in terms of likability, Bird and Duncan were so much more likable than Lebron and Durant.  Not even close in that respect.  And that's what makes the NBA so sh*tty.  You can't even root for these guys. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's been discussion of Durant being the # 4 forward of all-time.  Lebron, Bird, Duncan, Durant.  It's not that far fetched.

But in terms of likability, Bird and Duncan were so much more likable than Lebron and Durant.  Not even close in that respect.  And that's what makes the NBA so sh*tty.  You can't even root for these guys. 

I'm not saying Durant is better, I'm just saying I dont think the gap is that big.  I mean the dude is 7 foot and is a top 5 shooter in the NBA.  He does it all, just like LeBron, he just doesnt have the hardware, yet.

Totally agree on the likability factor.  I literally cant stand any of them.  Makes me miss seeing Duncan and Dirk in the finals.  Guys that are impossible to hate and just want them to win because they go about it the right way.

55 minutes ago, JiF said:

Your hate for LeBron is impressive.  I think you're more passionate about it than I am, which is saying something because I cant stand that dude.  And for me to be fair, part of the reason I hate LeBron was because of the "the decision" and not just the fact he had an hour long show about it but more so because he left to form a super team.  No different than what KD did but I think KD did it on a much bigger pusswah scale than LeBron.

Speaking of which, with the way KD was playing D last night, is the gap between him and LeBron really all that big?  I mean, what does LeBron do that KD cant?  KD is a top 5 shooter in the league, he's 7 feet, can pass, rebound and with a concentrated effort, he can defend really well.  I mean, he's killing LeBron out there.

I do enjoy watching LeBron lose but I'm sickened by watching KD join a team that won the most games in NBA history and is the best player on that team.  So I'm having hard time getting enjoyment out of this LeBron beating. 

I don't deny Lebron is the best player, but what bothers me most is how he's able to breeze through the talentless East. And that's where I think the NBA sucks. It's not the super teams as much as ALL the talent is in the west. I do indeed, love to root against Lebron. More for the Jordan arguments than vs. this day and age. Lebron can't sniff Jordan's jock. The Jazz had 3 stars, Malone, Stockton and Hornachek and had no problem dismantling them. Jordan is the greatest. Suck it Lebron. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm not saying Durant is better, I'm just saying I dont think the gap is that big.  I mean the dude is 7 foot and is a top 5 shooter in the NBA.  He does it all, just like LeBron, he just doesnt have the hardware, yet.

Nope, it's not, you're definitely right.  Just was showing how people put him in that similar category already. 

Dirk or Karl Malone would probably round out the top 5.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, it's not, you're definitely right.  Just was showing how people put him in that similar category already. 

Dirk or Karl Malone would probably round out the top 5.

Karl Malone was basically the closest thing to Lebron for his time. When post moves mattered Malone was king who could hit the outside shot, on a pick and roll, at will. He just wasn't as good an all around player but he was 20lbs bigger and couldn't handle the ball the same. And yeah ones a PF vs SF but if you built Malone for this generation he'd have been lighter and more athletic. Lebron would still be the superior player but he has no excuses for only 3 titles in a watered down NBA with the teams he's been on. 

Durant and Curry could potentially rattle off 4 or 5 when this things all said and done and history may show all this in a different light. 

And, sure, I'm probably being a little biased in my hate for Lebron...but it's not really hate just LOVE when he loses basketball games...

Now that game was fun.  Down to the wire with KD putting the nail in the coffin right in LeBron's eye.  LeBron's D in general has been laughable this FInals.  Fun to watch him get punked game in game out.  That said, he's literally the only thing the Cavs have going for them right now.  While Kyrie finally showed up, he was 0-7 from 3pt range.  Now, I dont feel bad for LeBron because he made this team.  He's the architect of the roster.  He bitches and moans and gets his way like the dictator he is and now he's crying like the bitch he is about the Warriors have to much fire power?  Hahahahah  Eat it, LeBron.

Oh and that flop in the 1st quarter, he acted like he died, only to be full speed 2 seconds later.   H8 him so much.

55 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Everybody ready for a torrent of "LeBron needs help!" takes?

Steph, KD and Klay/Draymond are better than Lebron/Love/Kyrie/Tristan. Maybe they can switch Love for Draymond and do it all again next year. Would make it interesting.

Archived