Main Reason Bowles and Macagnan have to be fired after next season

thadude

If any QB worth anything were to get drafted by the Jets I would like to think they would be confident enough to think they could be the guy that turns around the franchise and be a hero for life in the eyes of the fans.  The endorsement possibilities for someone in that position would be out of this world.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are going to hire 1st timers you eventually have to give a pair time to learn. Mac and Bowles drive me nuts like everyone else but the 3 year spin cycle is just as bad. Let's just see what happens 

8 hours ago, thadude said:

Darnold isn't playing for a head coach like Bowles and with a roster built by Macagnan.  That's career suicide

lol Right....a rookie who hasnt proven a damn thing thinks he can pick his coach and and GM? hahahahahahahahaha

ok so I guess you havent thought about the possibility of him being a bust right? you know since he's played all of 13 games, comes out of USC and whose stock may never be as high as it is right now before the season even starts. Hell he might not even be the best in this class. 

I tell you what, if we are on the clock, (Bowles and Mac WILL still be in place) and Darnold is there and he refuses to play for the Jets and Bowles/Mac I will personally buy you season tickets. In fact is ANY qb coming out of the draft says he doesnt want to play for these two I'll double down and buy you and your wife/girlfriend/whatever matching seats and jerseys. Hell I'll throw in a parking pass and a cheerleader to come and jiggle ur sack during halftime. 

Until then stop spouting off with this B.S. your agenda is too obvious

On 2 June 2017 at 10:00 PM, jetspenguin said:

You do realize that ANY team that has a top pick means they were shatty right? if a kid coming out of college says he only wants to play for a playoff caliber team then he is also saying he doesnt wanted to get drafted early. is it possible that he turns into a prima donna and wants to pick his team? yes entirely possible...but if he pulled that shyt would you really want that kind of "leader" here anyway? That wouldnt be an indictment of Bowled and Macc, that would be insight into the kids personality. Stop just making up excuses to hate the team in place. We dont need that, there are already enough legitimate reasons. 

Eli Manning..

On June 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM, thadude said:

Let's say the impossible dream happens we go 1-15 and have the #1 pick:

Why on earth would Sam Darnold come here?

The Head Coach is clueless.  The GM stinks.  The owner doesn't care anymore and is inept.  This is a totally dysfunctional organization.

Darnold is a Junior.  He could simply stay for his senior year and before you say that can't happen Matt Leinart, also a USC Qb, did that 10 years ago.  Darnold can also demand a trade like Eli Manning did.

We need a new regime in 2018 or you won't get Darnold.

My first question is, why would we (or anyone) want another QB from USC?

23 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

My first question is, why would we (or anyone) want another QB from USC?

I think it's unfair to compare Darnold to past quarterbacks who played with different playbooks but happened to simply play at the same college

15 minutes ago, thadude said:

I think it's unfair to compare Darnold to past quarterbacks who played with different playbooks but happened to simply play at the same college

Normally, I'd agree, but can anyone name a USC QB that did well in the NFL?

3 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Normally, I'd agree, but can anyone name a USC QB that did well in the NFL?

Carson Palmer

But I digress it's unfair to say Darnold is going to suck because some guys before him who didn't play in the same system sucked.  How many succesful NFL quarterbacks came out of Northern Iowa University before Kurt Warner?

On 6/2/2017 at 4:07 PM, thadude said:

The Head Coach is clueless.  The GM stinks.  The owner doesn't care anymore and is inept.  This is a totally dysfunctional organization.

Darnold is a Junior.  He could simply stay for his senior year and before you say that can't happen Matt Leinart, also a USC Qb, did that 10 years ago.  Darnold can also demand a trade like Eli Manning did.

Your impossible dream is my 1-15 nightmare. This is not what I want to sit through. The Jets to me are entertainment and not being competitive isn't what I want to see. To me every Jets W is a big deal plus if you are competitive good things can happen. Yes, you can win a Super Bowl off of a 9 W season. So don't count us out for 2017. If we could go from a 4-12 to a 10-6 we could do it again. As for the dream of getting the overall number one and drafting yet another Qb. That's a crap shoot (with the emphasis sometimes on crap) it's not worth losing all of your games and me being miserable 24/7 during the season. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Your impossible dream is my 1-15 nightmare. This is not what I want to sit through. The Jets to me are entertainment and not being competitive isn't what I want to see. To me every Jets W is a big deal plus if you are competitive good things can happen. Yes, you can win a Super Bowl off of a 9 W season. So don't count us out for 2017. If we could go from a 4-12 to a 10-6 we could do it again. As for the dream of getting the overall number one and drafting yet another Qb. That's a crap shoot (with the emphasis sometimes on crap) it's not worth losing all of your games and me being miserable 24/7 during the season. 

FB_IMG_1484953569955.jpg

4 hours ago, thadude said:

Obviously there is 0 precedent for a #1 pick demanding to go to a specific organization.

No......there is ZERO precedent for a #1 pick refusing to go to a team because "

On 6/3/2017 at 11:01 AM, Tony MaC said:

The Head Coach is clueless.  The GM stinks.  The owner doesn't care anymore and is inept.

Now can you see the difference? or does it not really matter because it doesnt fit your narrative?

only quoted you for reference Tony

19 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

you could have saved yourself some time before you posted this....

rif-logo-blue-large (1).png

stupid is.jpg

The San Diego Chargers originally held the rights to the first overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft due to their 4-12 record in 2003. With Manning being the most coveted player in the draft, it appeared that the Chargers' intentions were to draft him first overall. However, Manning (echoed by his father) stated publicly that he would refuse to play for the Chargers if drafted by them.

Your a lovely fellow :-)

8 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The San Diego Chargers originally held the rights to the first overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft due to their 4-12 record in 2003. With Manning being the most coveted player in the draft, it appeared that the Chargers' intentions were to draft him first overall. However, Manning (echoed by his father) stated publicly that he would refuse to play for the Chargers if drafted by them.

Your a lovely fellow :-)

Honestly stated and wholly irrelevant. Eli wanted to play in NY for the Giants. It was already something his father was cooking prior to the draft because the marketing opportunities there were better IMO. 

Not the same as Darnold saying he doesnt want to play for the Jets because the head coach is clueless and the GM sucks. The same with Elway....

The OP is using his point to indicate who the GM and coach should be fired, Eli's circumstance doesnt work for the story, sorry. 

See the difference now? and thank you :-) 

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

Honestly stated and wholly irrelevant. Eli wanted to play in NY for the Giants. It was already something his father was cooking prior to the draft because the marketing opportunities there were better IMO. 

Not the same as Darnold saying he doesnt want to play for the Jets because the head coach is clueless and the GM sucks. 

See the difference now? and thank you :-) 

It's the Same cut it how you will. See the difference now, oh no it's the same :-)

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It's the Same cut it how you will. See the difference now, oh no it's the same :-)

Clearly a case of someone who cant admit when they are wrong.

Ok, I'll play....Yes, it is EXACTLY the same. You clearly pointed out how other than ONE point these circumstances are identical and somehow I missed it. I thank God and Trump for the blessing of your wisdom. 

I bet you don't see the difference between a prime cut of meat and choice either....oh thats right.........they are the SAME.

And here I thought the main reason would have been they didn't sign Glennon. Don't get your panties in a bunch this is one of the few times I agree with you. Been saying the same thing for months regarding FA's as well.

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The New York Jets originally held the rights to the first overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft due to their 4-12 record in 2017. With Darnold being the most coveted player in the draft, it appeared that the Jets' intentions were to draft him first overall. However, Darnold (echoed by his father) stated publicly that he would refuse to play for the Jets if drafted by them.

fixed

This thread is just delusional bullsh*t from a darksider looking to be miserable and make misery.

Alright, I'll bite- where the **** does this hypothetical QB go in this hypothetical situation instead?

We're so focused on why these two suck, what about OTHER teams? Really think about this, I don't want a lazy "well anywhere is better than here" line. The Jets lost every game and are number one in the draft but they kept TB and Mac for some reason. Darnold won a championship and a Heisman and is THE top prospect in the draft, it's like Luck but better and with a bigger dick. But for some reason he doesn't want 28 million or more and a starting job, he looked at Mac and Bowles and said "Whoa, a team with a struggling front office and head coach at number one, whodathunkit? I can't have that, I want to go to a GOOD team!"

What team does he go to? The Browns? The Jags? Why would THEIR scenarios be much better? paint me a picture.

As evidenced by today's most popular thread, the reason the Mac and Bowles gets fired in January 2018 is that they do not seem to have a grip on what it takes to build an NFL roster.  Every GM/FO makes a bad pick, or two, or three, but the Jets FO makes bad picks even when they make good picks.  They also do not appear to have a good grasp on drafting for value and reach too much.  That eventually catches up with you.

Understanding that 2015 and 2016 may have been the positive and negative results of Woody meddling, I would think trading down for draft picks and/or finding those key positions is what they should be doing to building a team.

The Williams pick was a good pick, but needed to be followed right away with shedding one of the other DEs.

I don't think Devin Smith was snakebit.  I don't think other good teams would have viewed has a viable second round NFL WR.

But the 2016 picks could be career killers.   In all fairness, the 2016 looks not great, and at this point it is hard to point at another player that should have been picked instead of Lee, other than Paxton Lynch as a reach for a QB candidate.  His size is not great, but I believe he is the same size as Deion Jones, or bigger, but Jones strikes me as more of a football player.  But Lee seems like an immature twerp, despite the fact that he does play football hard.  I thought they are supposed to screen for inbalances like this, particularly first round draft picks.

Hack could be an ok QB, but he did not have the package for a 2nd round pick.  Look at where Webb, Peterman and Kaaya got picked this year.

25 minutes ago, varjet said:

As evidenced by today's most popular thread, the reason the Mac and Bowles gets fired in January 2018 is that they do not seem to have a grip on what it takes to build an NFL roster.  Every GM/FO makes a bad pick, or two, or three, but the Jets FO makes bad picks even when they make good picks.  They also do not appear to have a good grasp on drafting for value and reach too much.  That eventually catches up with you.

Understanding that 2015 and 2016 may have been the positive and negative results of Woody meddling, I would think trading down for draft picks and/or finding those key positions is what they should be doing to building a team.

The Williams pick was a good pick, but needed to be followed right away with shedding one of the other DEs.

I don't think Devin Smith was snakebit.  I don't think other good teams would have viewed has a viable second round NFL WR.

But the 2016 picks could be career killers.   In all fairness, the 2016 looks not great, and at this point it is hard to point at another player that should have been picked instead of Lee, other than Paxton Lynch as a reach for a QB candidate.  His size is not great, but I believe he is the same size as Deion Jones, or bigger, but Jones strikes me as more of a football player.  But Lee seems like an immature twerp, despite the fact that he does play football hard.  I thought they are supposed to screen for inbalances like this, particularly first round draft picks.

Hack could be an ok QB, but he did not have the package for a 2nd round pick.  Look at where Webb, Peterman and Kaaya got picked this year.

Lee was a fair value pick at the time but he's got warts, and Hack is a well discussed enigma. But the rest of 2016 might actually save mac's credibility if they capitalize on acceptable rookie seasons. Solid as they come, Jenkins looks like a W in the third round even though I don't think he'll be an elite pass rusher (think 6-9 sacks a season rather than 10+). Burris has a speed issue but seemed to make the occasional positive play in coverage that makes you think he could put together. And Shell was great against pretty tough d-lines from the rest of the division. (the punter needs work...)

If those three panned out and became permanent starters, well it wouldn't completely erase the questionability of the top two picks but it would help convince Woody there's something to Mac's drafting judgement outside of taking obvious top defensive players at number six.

the same could be said of this years crop, especially since he drafted back so many times in the latter stages.

11 hours ago, varjet said:

Worst roster in the NFL 

4 minutes ago, thadude said:

Worst roster in the NFL 

In retrospect, the key for the Jets over the 3 years was to trade down for more picks and not trade picks for veterans.  Mac appeared to be heading more in that direction this year.

To build an NFL roster correctly, you need a QB, WR1, CB1, LT and EDGE, for starters.  Although the Jets would appear to be lacking in all of those positions, in looknig at other rosters those positions on other rosters are not necessarily manned by top draft picks (although they tend to be).  If the BPA in the first and second rounds in particular were not in those positions, they should have traded down for more picks and rolled the dice more.

The Jets are zigging while the rest of the league is zagging.  It would not surprise me if some teams, in the first round or two, go for some variant of BPA in IMPACT or NEED positions, as opposed to pure BPA.  

Very dumb. Illogical thinking. Why would a kid want to create a bad stink by causing a trade now. It's different than it was with Eli.

From a dumb Jets troll of course

On 6/4/2017 at 9:44 AM, thadude said:

Carson Palmer

But I digress it's unfair to say Darnold is going to suck because some guys before him who didn't play in the same system sucked.  How many succesful NFL quarterbacks came out of Northern Iowa University before Kurt Warner?

How many qb's were drafted from Northern Iowa University before Kurt Warner as compared to how many were drafted from USC?

4 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

How many qb's were drafted from Northern Iowa University before Kurt Warner as compared to how many were drafted from USC?

None of them were good enough to even be in the NFL so what's your point

Archived