Leonard Williams Has To Physically Restrain Darron Lee From Beating Up A Girl At A Festival. Just End The Season.

Gas2No99

1 hour ago, Hael said:

Yea, this doesn't look good for Lee.  I'd expect some sort of discipline or at least a sit down with the team.  More than that, it doesn't bode well for the future if he's the type of person with rage issue towards women.  (the coming back 3 times is a bit of a redflag imo, it says that he's a belligerent drunk).

I bet they confiscate the telephone books he sits on in the team cafeteria.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You serious?

REALLY?!?!?:blink:

Jets’ Darron Lee says he was attacked in Ohio bar

Jets linebacker Darron Lee said he was jumped while at a bar in his home state of Ohio over the weekend.

In a Periscope video that has since been deleted, a bruise under Lee’s right eye was visible as the 2016 first-round pick recalled an unknown man hitting him as he was leaving the bar Saturday night.

“Midway from the exit of the bar, I get hit and tackled, simultaneously,” Lee said in the video, according to NJ.com. “Have no idea who it was. I wasn’t in an argument with anybody. I hadn’t said a word to anybody. Just leaving the bar to go home, and I get punched and tackled. I have no idea by whom. To this very moment I have no idea by whom. Don’t care.”

Lee, 22, was not seriously hurt during the assault. He also said he didn’t fight back. Instead, he tried to reason with his attacker to no avail. He repeatedly told the man, “I didn’t hit you, I didn’t hit you,” before bouncers stepped in.

In a now-deleted tweet, Lee thanked local police officers for intervening and “sparing a young man’s life tonight.”

Lee grew up in the Columbus area and played at Ohio State before being drafted by the Jets last April. 

Columbus police told NJ.com that they had no official report of the incident, but said they were aware of Lee’s tweets.

The Jets declined to comment on the incident.

Lee had 73 tackles and one sack in 13 games as a rookie for the Jets.

New York Jets: Darron Lee’s Twitter rant includes Your Mama jokes and Race Relations in America

USATSI_9615934-681x452.jpg

Darron Lee of the New York Jets spends his morning thinking about social justice and “Yo Mama” jokes.

New York Jets LB Darron Lee may not have had much success on the field this season, but he is gaining a lot of traction on Twitter. Lee followed up his rant on Chipotle workers by tackling a much bigger issue: race relations in America.

In a season that saw San Francisco Quarterback Colin Kaepernick shock the nation by kneeling during the National Anthem, Darron Lee is forcing his Twitter followers to think about how the other half lives.

Around 6 a.m. ET this morning, Lee’s growing frustration can be seen as he starts out “MANNNNNN I’M HEATED ???.” What follows is an interesting combination of anger, confusion and consciousness.

(Most, if not all of the Tweets have since been deleted.)

New York Jets: Darron Lee's Twitter rant includes Your Mama jokes and Race Relations in America Jets  IMG_4143-copy-2-640x212

One week after protests marred the inauguration of arguably the United States’ most divisive President, Lee is stirring emotions by continuing the conversation.

“Can we truly understand each other’s trails and tribulations?” “How do we move from here?” “What will the next four years bring?”

All questions that have different answers based on who you ask. Lee’s rant is a small part of a much larger situation.

The thread reaches its climax as Lee engaged with fans who questioned his views.

New York Jets: Darron Lee's Twitter rant includes Your Mama jokes and Race Relations in America Jets  IMG_4140-copy-640x382

New York Jets: Darron Lee's Twitter rant includes Your Mama jokes and Race Relations in America Jets  IMG_4142-copy-640x457

Lee challenged Twitter’s Andrew Clark to work to address racial tension by working with his own “kind.” Lee’s harsh reaction led to many others antagonizing the New York linebacker.

New York Jets: Darron Lee's Twitter rant includes Your Mama jokes and Race Relations in America Jets  IMG_4137-copy-640x415

The back and forth entered the realm of disrespect as Lee takes offense from a tweet and comes back with an insult to one of his follower’s mother.

New York Jets: Darron Lee's Twitter rant includes Your Mama jokes and Race Relations in America Jets  IMG_4141-copy-640x325

Although this back and forth wasn’t as sophisticated as his critics would want it to be, it does once again bring to light a pressing issue.

There is an undeniable divide across America. Whether it is race, class or religion, the conversation must be had. Lee’s thoughts at 6 a.m. ET are reflective of how many across America feel throughout their day.

The tweets would later be deleted, but Lee’s sentiments have already begun to stir debate.

Chipotle worker makes Darron Lee pay full price for double steak burrito and no free guac...THOSE BASTARDS!

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Apparently, NFL players are no longer allowed to get upset. Unless I see video of Lee putting his hands on a women or we see an arrest based on witness testimony this is just more SOJF nonsense and a reason to bash their own franchise. 

BULLsh*t. Lee's a punk who thought he was a man and a real man put him in his place. You cannot lose your cool when your a professional. Leo showed him exactly how to act and probably saved Lee's azz and roster spot by doing what he did. Lee was obviously out of control and Leo humiliated him into submission. The two may not be able to co-exist on the same team after this incident. Therefore how would you cut? The team chemistry is the issue here. I doubt Leo will have a problem with it but Lee may judging by his actions displayed here. Its just common sense that Lee maybe the one to go and has nothing to do with this SOJF BULLsh*t.

I don't know all the facts and I'll let them play out before making judgement but regardless of what he did or not Lee has to mature and gain some perspective on things. The twitter rants in particular need to stop, he needs to pick his battles and not fret over social media whatever.

And seriously, can we quit it with the tiny linebacker bit, the man is 6'1. It's not small in general, and its not that much shorter than his LB peers.

5 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Leo is THA MAN!!!!!

jets-bills-football.jpg

DON't FUÇK with #92!!!  That is the action taken by a Leader of Men. Take CHARGE of your soldiers. We have found our 2017 Captain.B)

leo was ranked pretty high in my book and now he's that much higher.  not good about lee though.  he's supposed to be one of the cornerstones of the mac/bolwes defense.  let's hope the jets nip this one in the bud.

Leo on the other hand... is becoming my new favorite player on the team because he's done everything right everywhere as far as I can tell, and I hope he sees a second contract when the time comes. The bets part is he's STILL under 25, (turns 23 in a few weeks) this is great.

5 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

A crowd gathered to help her, then dispersed. Security came to intervene, then left. 

None of this sounds like he "beat up" ANYone. 

And yet the thought police out here have ALREADY condemned Lee, imagine that!!

Those racial Lee tweets...

He's right that people of color are in general at a greater disadvantage than white people in a lot of things,(Job opportunities, police scrutiny, etc) but it seems kind of pompous of him to make judgments of people he doesn't know like that. That kind of thinking is toxic, sure maybe somebody does harbor racists attitudes or feelings whether they recognize that or not, but how is that a way to address it? What does calling somebody racist on twitter do other than cause a lot of bitterness?

I see where he's coming from to an extent, but as far as I can tell those kind of blanket statements are all just frustration and not constructive at all. But this is a  football forum, so I'll stop there I guess.

I just hope he finds a healthy way to vent frustrations and grow as a person, and (selfishly) that this translates to better play on the field.

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

But you precious millennials are so much smarter than everything that came before.   Yes, carry on; and enjoy the artisanal mayonnaise and man buns. 

I just want you to know that this last line went over the line!!! :)  

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think those are Snapchat Spectacles. Please do not ask me why I know this. 

...he says while sipping on a $12 Snapdragon Breweries Cherry Wheat Double IPA Toasted Lager at a small, unnamed gastropub on Chicago's gentrified east end. The pub is unnamed because the owners--Topher and Saffron Lind--elect to keep it a secret from unwashed tourists by ensuring it doesn't appear on YELP. RJF, in his bespoke sports coat, cardigan, khaki shorts and sandals ensemble, blogs about it anyway, snapping photos of its "granular, old-world aesthetic" with his Snapchat glasses, resting his microbrew on his well-worn copy of Infinite Jest.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

...he says while sipping on a $12 Snapdragon Breweries Cherry Wheat Double IPA Toasted Lager at a small, unnamed gastropub on Chicago's gentrified east end. The pub is unnamed because the owners--Topher and Saffron Lind--elect to keep it a secret from unwashed tourists by ensuring it doesn't appear on YELP. RJF, in his bespoke sports coat, cardigan, khaki shorts and sandals ensemble, blogs about it anyway, snapping photos of its "granular, old-world aesthetic" with his Snapchat glasses, resting his microbrew on his well-worn copy of Infinite Jest.

I also have an Apple Watch. 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

"That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wish I had a way to give two upvotes.

Lee's momma gunna be so mad....

On a much happier note, i think we found a left tackle for our offense.  How long has it been since a lineman played on both sides of the ball.  Kid is only 21? He would be fine.  LEO IS THE MAN!!!

Same Old Jets.

If Macc, Mr. My-Wife-Fights-Domestic-Violence, lives up to his pre-draft comments re: a certain running back, then Lee will (and should) be cut tomorrow.

Anyone taking bets on if that happens?

No, me neither.

Lee is a moron, seriously, stupidity of this level should not be rewarded.

Good on Leo for putting a **** no to it.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Can you PM the address of this place, it sounds spectacular.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Lee has to get an arm inside and break that grip, then pull guard and go for the helicopter armbar. All day. I'm not sure I want anyone that doesn't know that playing ILB for my squad.

Yeah, is it bad that my first thought was the dude still can't shed a block?

So since Bowles/Mac took over:

1.  QB screws over LB over $600, proceeds to get his jaw broken in locker room

2.  Mutiny throughout an entire offseason over a career backup QB

3.  "Promising" young wideout arrested, find out he resisted arrest

4.  Overdrafted 5 foot LB has to be restrained from a woman in public by team's best player

Same Old Jets.
If Macc, Mr. My-Wife-Fights-Domestic-Violence, lives up to his pre-draft comments re: a certain running back, then Lee will (and should) be cut tomorrow.
Anyone taking bets on if that happens?
No, me neither.
Lee is a moron, seriously, stupidity of this level should not be rewarded.
Good on Leo for putting a **** no to it.

????? why ? because he got mad ? did he hit her ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Poor girl? Do we even know what happened? Is their video of Lee actually touching anyone? Do we know what the girl did to provoke him? are all women "poor little girls" to you no matter what their actions? What if it turns out the girl used racist comments and used physical force against Lee first and Lee just yelled back at her? 

Whatever, the twitter-verse has spoken and the facts no longer matter...

Why is race brought into everything these days 

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Why is race brought into everything these days 

because people find it too hard to argue and defend their actions on intellectual merit so thy resort to the old American default excuse that is the source for ALL problems in this country.:rolleyes:

Archived