Schefter: Jets to release David Harris

flgreen

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dcat said:

... yet some people can't read between the lines and see just how bifurcated the team's management is?  It's no different from the Rex/Idzik disaster.  It's heading right down the same path.

Thanks Woody.  Ultimately Woody is the only one to blame.  

I don't understand your complaint.  How would this be any different under normal GM > HC > CS protocol?  I think you are feeding too much into the media frenzy of creating drama.  There is obviously a reason why this happened the way it did, its not just because...  Whether we will find out the why's or if it is the right thing for the team is a diff story, Macc seems to keep everything closely guarded

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, you post the dumbest sh*t I've ever read... ever

do you think he actually believes his own nonsensical posts?  Or is it all shtick?  Hard to tell.  If he actually believes it, then damn....  talk about a foggy brain. 

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why did it happen now?
1- They just landed Demario Davis

2- They saw Harris in OTAs and he looked slow

3- Cap ramifications

4- Only SOJFs are left wondering why this happened. 

as always, you miss the point.  You just love to rag on the fans. Your agenda is blatantly obvious,  No one is wondering WHY Harris is released.  Many are wondering why Harris wasn't called into a private meeting and handled professionally.  Christ.  Way to change the scope of the topic dude.

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He makes a valid point. We cut an aging and non-productive player in June and there are numerous posters acting like we just passed on a trade for Andrew Luck. Some posters are just looking for reasons to whine. The media is feeding them one and they can't help but stuff their faces with it. 

same old... it's the fans, it's the fans... lets rip the fins.  

Yawn.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

do you think he actually believes his own nonsensical posts?  Or is it all shtick?  Hard to tell.  If he actually believes it, then damn....  talk about a foggy brain. 

if i thought it was schtick and he was intentionally trolling, i'd give him credit... i don't think that's the case, i think it's just a dim bulb with an unfriendly disposition

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I only went 3 pages deep but I can't say what I read there reflects this thread. Didn't see anything in regards to KC beat writers sh*tting on it unless its deeper in that thread.   Mostly cool heads over there with the worst being along these lines: 

I'd venture to guess that he looked exactly like the 2016 version of himself in OTA's.

$13.5 million for 530 yards is a huge waste of cap space.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

as always, you miss the point.  You just love to rag on the fans. Your agenda is blatantly obvious,  No one is wondering WHY Harris is released.  Many are wondering why Harris wasn't called into a private meeting and handled professionally.  Christ.  Way to change the scope of the topic dude.

appears his agents leaked it to Shefter...Shefter was first to report it and then Shefter releases agent response.. coincidence? 

For an organization that barely has 10 players in its history worth talking about, they really have quite the tact when handling the ones people actually cared about. Harris was done, but they way Bowles/Maccagnan handled this is beyond bush league. 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

appears his agents leaked it to Shefter...Shefter was first to report it and then Shefter releases agent response.. coincidence? 

Also it appears there were contract talks most likely surrounding a restructure , Harris probably balked. Mac may have set an ultimatium with his agents and his agents called the bluff and lost.  I too am surprised there was no face to face with Harris about the release but who knows what really went on behind closed doors.  

30 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I mean do I change my Username or do I just keep it out of respect?

I took it after his rookie year, he was the hardest hitting Jet I'd ever seen. 

He should go down as the best ILB the Jets ever had.   

Sorry, we've had to cut you from the board.  Max did talk to you right?  Oops, sorry.

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I've never said that. I was just pointing out the stupidity of your posts. The Jets suck because of the players they have on their roster and the poor coaching of Bowles. I do see signs of improvement in the talent, but without a QB this team is going nowhere. Hopefully Hack pans out, and if not then we land Darnold. Don't worry, your bad posts have no impact on the Jets winning or losing games. Feel better? 

Absolutely.  And your illogical, biased posts also have no impact on the team's performance so it is just a mud wrestling match amongst Jets fans here.  Works both ways.  So you go right ahead and criticize the fans who criticize the management of the team they root for.  Makes lots of sense JoJo.  :wacko:

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Rag on the fans? I am a fan. I just rag on dumb posts. There is a difference. 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Also it appears there were contract talks most likely surrounding a restructure , Harris probably balked. Mac may have set an ultimatium with his agents and his agents called the bluff and lost.  I too am surprised there was no face to face with Harris about the release but who knows what really went on behind closed doors.  

might have been the plan for later today..

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao - holy sh*t - you cant make this type of irony up.  

come on.... who doesn't love circular reasoning like that?  It's so rare nowadays.  At least he doesn't try to conceal it. 

8 minutes ago, rammagen said:

everyone is saying this was handled wrong. But does anyone have any real story where they did. All I see teh agents leaking a story. They could have handled this privately and correctly but the agent leaked the story

It's just the lack of awareness this regime has. Maccganan  is never around and Bowles always seems perplexed that people have questions for him. When the team is bad(which it is) I think it's best practice to be out in front of these types of things. Bowles and Maccganan just dont seem to be treating this job as a once in a lifetime opportunity. IDK.

19 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I wonder if KC fans or KC beat writers went nuts releasing Maclin in June?  I know he wasn't drafted by them but he was the best receiver for Smith for multiple years.

I wonder if the KC GM and/or HC called Maclin in to the office and professionally informed him of their decision or if he learned of it through the press or while riding a log flume with his young children at Disney World?  What do you think?  According to DisorientedWhoFan, "everybody does it", so I guess we should have no doubt that KC was just as unprofessional in how they delivered the news to Jeremy as were the Jets to Mangold and Harris (both of whom were with the team since being drafted as young pups, unlike Maclin with the Chiefs).  Do you not think that both Mangold and Harris were worthy of a bit more class and respect during the process?

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Agents would've preferred his release come in March. Source said no negotiations about a pay cut back then.

If we cut him in march, didn't trade for davis and lee was suspended we'd have fans bashing the Jets FO for cutting Harris too early. SOJFs are SOJFs because they are never happy. The Jets could win the Super Bowl and they would complain that we have to pick last in the draft. 

My bigger takeaway from all of this is that Mac and Bowles aren't on the same page - at all. It was no coinicidence that Bowles disappeared and was almost an hour late to this press conference and then proceeded to give thinly veiled replies that exposed his displeasure.

And if Bowles is against releasing an over payed, aging LB because he 'gives us the best chance to win' I think we have our answer to who the starting QB of the Jets will be in 2017, if the Fitzpatrick situation in 2016 hadn't already provided the answer 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's just the lack of awareness this regime has. Maccganan is is never around and Bowles always seems perplexed that people have questions for him. When the team is bad(which is is) I think it's best practice to be out in front of these types of things. Bowles and Maccganan just dont seem to be treating this job as a once in a lifetime opportunity. IDK.

Everything this group has done--from signings and cuts to contract structures and cap management to draft picks and player development to media relations and PR--seems like it was completely on the spur of the moment. I honestly can't think of a single move they've made that seems like it's part of a cohesive long-term plan.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

For an organization that barely has 10 players in its history worth talking about, they really have quite the tact when handling the ones people actually cared about. Harris was done, but they way Bowles/Maccagnan handled this is beyond bush league. 

same for Mangold.  So unprofessional.  So classless.  But I forgot... it's the fans' fault that the team is unprofessional, poorly managed and classless.  Never mind.

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

My bigger takeaway from all of this is that Mac and Bowles aren't on the same page - at all. It was no coinicidence that Bowles disappeared and was almost an hour late to this press conference and then proceeded to give thinly veiled replies that exposed his displeasure.

And if Bowles is against releasing an over payed, aging LB because he 'gives us the best chance to win' I think we have our answer to who the starting QB of the Jets will be in 2017, if the Fitzpatrick situation in 2016 hadn't already provided the answer 

It just goes back to the question- who's really in charge here?

Just now, shuler82 said:

The funny part is that we had fans bashing Macc for taking Adams and Maye (i was one of the guys upset with the Maye pick) because it was clear that Bowles was running the show because no GM would do this without being forced to by a defensive minded HC. Now we see some of the same fans suggesting that the team is in disarray because Bowles was not involved enough. 

Again, this all proves my point that no matter what the Jets do there will be handful of SOJFs that will bash the move. 

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Dude **** your gif... that is so messed up... those are real people.. I don't want to see that sh*t in a Jets forum... have some class.

Are you sure?  I thought it was a typical goofy gif.  No offense meant.  I'll take it off.

I changed it to this for some unknown reason.  I hope the giant squirrel wasn't abused in any way in the making of the gif.

tumblr_inline_mv1d5405mJ1rrkv7i.gif

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It just goes back to the question- who's really in charge here?

Mcc is in charge of the roster..Bowles has control who is active/plays on gameday..

To think they are going to agree on everything going on 3 yrs is crazy..My gawd look at this place

I have no interest in praising this move in the slightest bit, but the melodrama being attempted by some of the beat writers (and of course Harris' agent), is a bit ridiculous.  When you consider both the failed renegotiation attempt and recent acquisition of a replacement, you can completely 100% disagree with the move, but it still doesn't make the timing even slightly difficult to understand.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

I have no interest in praising this move in the slightest bit, but the melodrama being attempted by some of the beat writers (and of course Harris' agent), is a bit ridiculous.  When you consider both the failed renegotiation attempt and recent acquisition of a replacement, you can completely 100% disagree with the move, but it still doesn't make the timing even slightly difficult to understand.

Exactly 

Archived