Schefter: Jets to release David Harris

flgreen

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

:angry:

that's some COLD-BLOODED REALITY right there. 

Probably wanted to see what was left in the tank through OTAs, realized it wasn't worth the price tag, and are letting him latch on a team with PLENTY of time before TC.

Thank you David "#52 HitMan" Harris. You deserve a better send off then this. 

Bingo..Once a replacement was secured (DDavis)......

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Well let's see.

We have blackballing Colin Kaepernick, Coverng up a ton of sexual assaults. And you want to say the Jets are classless?

Jeffrey Dahmer killed and ate people, by that standard the Jets have never done anything wrong

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Again maybe his agent leaked it out...Harris knew this day was coming..3/4 of this board wanted it done last yr..UW says it best..

Yep I'll admit I was one who wanted him gone last year. This opens up the door for some young leadership on D (Leo/Adams). 

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Surprised this happened now, unless Harris has lost more speed during OTA's and they didn't

want another Revis situation on their hands.  Much respect to Harris, barely missed a game and

always produced when he was on the field

That's an insult to Harris, who, may not be a star anymore, should never be accused of quitting, a la Revis.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes because all the other organization who continue to blackball players and cover up sexual assaults, are much better.

Shut up

"Everybody does it".  

Famous Patriots excuse for anything wrong they do.

Nice work.  Shut up? Nope.  Why don't you GFY instead?

Just now, Dcat said:

geez you just LOVE to incorrectly label posters here.  You know what JOJo? GFY, because nothing could be further from the truth. I've been bleeding Green since the mid 60's. Do me a favor.  Put me on ignore.  Just don't reply to anything I post.  All fans have the right to post their grievances, just in case you didn't know.  All you seem todo around here is complain about other fans.  Thanks for the contribution to the board. :rolleyes:

I'm not that sensitive that I need to put other posters on ignore.  

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well let's see.

We have blackballing Colin Kaepernick, Coverng up a ton of sexual assaults. And you want to say the Jets are classless?

The Jets are classless.  What other teams do is wholly irrelevant to that fact.  There is no sliding scale of class.  You either display it or you don't and the Jets don't.  Your "Everybody does it" excuse is feeble, childish and ineffective.  Pfail.

Just now, Dcat said:

"Everybody does it".  

Famous Patriots excuse for anything wrong they do.

Nice work.  Shut up? Nope.  Why don't you GFY instead?

Dude, this is reality. The NFL is a business. This is an organization that tried to cover up concussion research because it would hurt their business.

Compared to that and the other things, cutting a player by surprise is nothing

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Ahh, so you're just a bitter and angry Jets fan. No worries. I hate Bowles too and Rodgers sucks. But that doesn't mean I am going to indiscriminately bash every move the team makes. 

This team owes Harris nothing. He's made way more money than he has been worth. Was he is a model citizen that played the game the right way? 100pct. But in all his years, he rarely made big plays to help the team win in big spots. Now that he is old, he is smart enough to know his time was coming to an end. It's time for the kids/rebuild. 

Sam Darnold here we come!!!*

*Unless Hack miraculously becomes a franchise QB....

Yeah, he wasn't the catalyst for the 2010 Divisional Round Victory. . . . :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

But THE BEST INT was this one:

512x288

9286947-large.jpg

9317893-large.jpg

TD!!!!!

I'm not crazy about it. But I'm not going to go nuts like all of you want to.

No one's going nuts. Harris was way over the hill and never should have been resigned in the first place. But he's a good dude who had a decent career here, and treating him like this is sh*tty.

Side note: your time here would be much easier if you just reacted to things like a normal person instead of dumping a trainload of your Baghdad Bob sh*tposting into every thread where people have the temerity to criticize this franchise for yet again tripping over its own dick.

Just now, Dcat said:

The Jets are classless.  What other teams do is wholly irrelevant to that fact.  There is no sliding scale of class.  You either display it or you don't and the Jets don't.  Your "Everybody does it" excuse is feeble, childish and ineffective.  Pfail.

You're being an idiot. You're taking this way too seriously

Dude, this is reality. The NFL is a business. This is an organization that tried to cover up concussion research because it would hurt their business.

Compared to that and the other things, cutting a player by surprise is nothing

Do you actually run a business?

Credibility and the way you treat people counts...

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Yeah, he wasn't the catalyst for the 2010 Divisional Round Victory. . . . :rolleyes:

He was here for a decade and on the field for just about every play on defense. So yeah,  he made some big plays. I liked Harris. He was solid. He was never a difference maker. So congrats on finding 1 or 2 or 10 big plays out of 160 or so games. 

Just now, gEYno said:

Do you actually run a business?

Credibility and the way you treat people counts...

Of course it does. But this is low on the totem pole

Just now, dbatesman said:

No one's going nuts. Harris was way over the hill and never should have been resigned in the first place. But he's a good dude who had a decent career here, and treating him like this is sh*tty.

Side note: your time here would be much easier if you just reacted to things like a normal person instead of dumping a trainload of your Baghdad Bob sh*tposting into every thread where people have the temerity to criticize this franchise for yet again tripping over its own dick.

Criticize is one thing. Cursing and being rude is another

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

That's an insult to Harris, who, may not be a star anymore, should never be accused of quitting, a la Revis.

No one said Harris would quit like Revis.  Revis skills fell off the cliff last year, if Harris was showing the same decline

it's good that the team doesn't go through another season of that.  Don't read between the lines

Archived