Schefter: Jets to release Eric Decker

flgreen

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, southparkcpa said:

He rarely played.....    good skills but he was a Chad Pennington without a decent season for us.  

I said as much earlier...dude hasn't been able to stay on the field.

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Good Grief, (Sorry @charliebrown)

YOU STOLE MY LINE!!!

But well played, sir... well played...

I just have a simple question: do we get to keep the rights to the images of his spouse, well do we???????

Just asking, everyone is so touchy out here!!

Good Grief!!! :) 

Eric Decker next casualty in massive Jets destruction

June 6, 2017 | 6:04pm

Eric Decker next casualty in massive Jets destruction

Eric DeckerGetty Images

The Jets are starting from scratch.

The team is parting ways with Eric Decker, according to ESPN. The Jets have told the wide receiver they will either release him or trade him this week.

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

Decker follows longtime Jet David Harris out the door, the veteran linebacker who was released earlier Tuesday.

It’s part of a thorough rebuild for Gang Green, who also parted ways with Darrelle Revis, Nick Mangold and Brandon Marshall this offseason.

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He rarely played.....    good skills but he was a Chad Pennington without a decent season for us.  

He was hurt alot but 2015 80 catches over 1,000 yds and 12 tds wasn't  exactly bad.. And he had some big red zone td's..

Report: Jets parting ways with WR Eric Decker

Mute
Current Time0:11
/
Duration Time1:32
Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

UP NEXT!

Would signing Colin Kaepernick cause too much backlash?

play-button.png
1:32 | NFL
Do NFL Teams Score by Spending on Free Agents?

15 minutes ago

The New York Jets are parting ways with wide receiver Eric Decker and have informed him that the team will either trade or release him this week, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Decker signed a five-year deal worth $36.25 million in 2014 but missed much of the 2016 season due to shoulder and hip surgeries.

He was expected to make $7.25 million next season.

The Jets have cut several veterans during the offseason including Darrell Revis, Nick Mangold and Brandon Marshall. The team released linebacker David Harris earlier in the day after both sides could not reach an agreement on a pay cut.

Oh joy, lol.

Well I guess, I'll wait to see what we could get.  I'm sure some team has to be interested in him, right?  Someone like the Vikings maybe?  Or the Redskins?  

Anyway, if he's out of the picture, I guess it's Enunwa/Anderson/Stewart/Hansen/Peake/Cannon at this point.  

I would hate to lose Decker without any compensation, because I don't think the contract is horrible, because he got to almost a1000 yards with Geno Smith (and hurt for a bit) and a 1000 yards with Fitzpatrick.  He has to have value somewhere.  

Well that's pretty much the last major domino.  They have COMPLETELY blown it up.  Basically Woody is willing to accept being the worst team in the NFL this year, and perhaps even an 0-16 record, in exchange for a chance to draft Darnold 

Grant you in makes no sense to overpay admittedly a very productive WR when healthy when you do have a mess of younger cheaper ones. And truth be told this offense figures to be so awful the Jets are doing him a favor to latch on with a contender. Sight unseen with Mariota and his wife's career Titans make a world of sense.

Good luck; as with Marshall and Harris,  wish this vet nothing but the best.  This has to be torn down . 

2 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

The team must look like ass in OTA's to throw the towel in 1st week of June.  

The next meaningful game will be 10/8 vs Browns in the Darnold bowl.  

A week of practice was enough to deduce that Hackenberg is simply never going to learn to put his left foot back, so they have no choice but to move on. Once you've been Franklined, you can't be unFranklined. :(

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

without a decent season? he had 1k yards and 12 tds in 2015 i'd call that decent. But I'm not sad to see him go

4 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Oh joy, lol.

Well I guess, I'll wait to see what we could get.  I'm sure some team has to be interested in him, right?  Someone like the Vikings maybe?  Or the Redskins?  

Anyway, if he's out of the picture, I guess it's Enunwa/Anderson/Stewart/Hansen/Peake/Cannon at this point.  

I would hate to lose Decker without any compensation, because I don't think the contract is horrible, because he got to almost a1000 yards with Geno Smith (and hurt for a bit) and a 1000 yards with Fitzpatrick.  He has to have value somewhere.  

You know what would minimize value? If it got out that a team was going to cut a guy if they can't trade him.

Just now, T0mShane said:

You know what would minimize value? If it got out that a team was going to cut a guy if they can't trade him.

Possibly, although could a team offer a decent pick knowing that everyone else is going to get a shot at him as well or offer a better pick.  

I don't think Macc is the best of negotiators, so at this point, I agree with you in that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't understand why we released Marshall either, since his contract wasn't bad at all, and he still had value within the league.  I

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This was literally less than a year ago.

Coad34DWYAAClb-.jpg

This photo was taken right after they got paid, which is all that mattered last year anyway.

Cut the whole team if you want, the main problem(s) with the team still walk the sidelines.

6 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Possibly, although could a team offer a decent pick knowing that everyone else is going to get a shot at him as well or offer a better pick.  

I don't think Macc is the best of negotiators, so at this point, I agree with you in that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't understand why we released Marshall either, since his contract wasn't bad at all, and he still had value within the league.  I

The Jets offered to extend Marshall.  He refused and asked to be cut

6 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I don't think Marshall had trade value because teams knew the Jets had to excise him from the locker room either way. Marshall's track record was well known even before the Jets, and it's hard to find another team as stupid as the Jets who would give up assets for a career malcontent.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

The Jets offered to extend Marshall.  He refused and asked to be cut

It was definitely a low ball/ "for show" offer to Marshall. With all that's transpired I doubt they thought to keep him long term or even short term.

Archived