Schefter: Jets to release Eric Decker

flgreen

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

He wants us to believe that we are a better team without Decker? Come on

Two years ago we had the most feared WR duo in a passing league.  Now, both players are gone with 0.0 compensation

48 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Sam Darnold

Josh Allen

Lamar Jackson

Jarrett Stidham

Josh Rosen

Gonna be a busy fall for college football kids.

"One of these things is not like the others".

How could you forget Mason Rudolph too?

49 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Good. No more articles in the NY tabloids about his narcissistic wife and her sh*tty music career. 

or you could just put the papers down.  The NY tabloids could make Mother Teresa seem like a narcissist

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You know what would minimize value? If it got out that a team was going to cut a guy if they can't trade him.

Literally the first thing that came to mind when I saw this new scroll across the TV.  

You cant tell me that Eric Decker isnt a tradable commodity.  You cant because that would be a complete and total lie.  So this only means one thing; Mac is literally the biggest push over pusswah GM in the entire league who cant negotiate to save his life.  I imagine when another GM gets a call from Mac, he puts him on hold, calls all his other GM buddies, conferences them in and lets them hear some garbage proposal he pitches, only to hang up, call all other GM's, laugh and mock Mac and then all agree to just hold out until the pussy caves and does something dumb as ****.

47 minutes ago, flgreen said:
DT Steve McLendon, one of four remaining 30-year-olds on #Jets roster, is safe, for now, I’m told. For what it’s worth.

Well yeah, he plays DLine.  I mean, we're going to suck something god ******* awful but we better be able to stop that mother****ing run!!!

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Literally the first thing that came to mind when I saw this new scroll across the TV.  

You cant tell me that Eric Decker isnt a tradable commodity.  You cant because that would be a complete and total lie.  So this only means one thing; Mac is literally the biggest push over pusswah GM in the entire league who cant negotiate to save his life.  I imagine when another GM gets a call from Mac, he puts him on hold, calls all his other GM buddies, conferences them in and lets them hear some garbage proposal he pitches, only to hang up, call all other GM's, laugh and mock Mac and then all agree to just hold out until the pussy caves and does something dumb as ****.

If you think this is bad, wait until next summer when Eugene Parker decides Leonard Williams would rather be a Seahawk.

2 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Wasn't Decker a part of the group that was publicly giving the team sh*t for not signing Fitz? Maybe the guy is an a$$hole and was the last remaining member of that clique. 

I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about Decker 

At this point absolutely no moves will surprise me, but as far as the talk of the other older guys goes, there's no motivation for Forte simply because he won't save them a single penny.  As far as McLendon, he isn't costing much and, despite the volume of DL talent, him and Simon are the only guys on the team who can play NT.

Pretty much the only big-savings cut left on the entire roster after Decker would be Skrine, so he should probably be watching his ass more than anyone if they think anything of Burris or the rookies.

17 minutes ago, flgreen said:
Kimberley A. Martin
Maccagnan stresses these roster vet roster moves aren't financially-motivated #jets
Beat Writer / Columnist

17 minutes ago, flgreen said:
How can they say Harris wouldn't agree with them on a pay cut, then turn around and say his cut wasn't financially…

16 minutes ago, flgreen said:
New York Jets
Maccagnan: "It's a difficult decision to make and there's never an ideal time for it...We are focused on building this team for the future."
Official Team Account

tumblr_moii0yGk0C1sqqg60o1_250.gif

I can understand trading Decker but I can't see releasing him. I hope we get someone decent for him. That concludes the Fitz coup completely I guess. Maybe Tampa Bay will trade for him. The Fitz curse is on Winston and he'll be out for the season by game 3.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you think this is bad, wait until next summer when Eugene Parker decides Leonard Williams would rather be a Seahawk.

I would pay so much money to hear his pitch to other GM's.  It's has to be absolutely hysterical. 

23 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Bingo!  Wasn't wearing a Red jersey today, correct?

He wasn't at the beginning of practice, then suddenly he had one on.  Wonder if they have a trade lined up based on him passing a physical 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I would pay so much money to hear his pitch to other GM's.  It's has to be absolutely hysterical. 

Well you can give me a first round pick now for Decker or get him for free by Sunday, but keep in mind that's 4 less days he will have to learn the routes in your playbook

Archived