Schefter: Jets to release Eric Decker

flgreen

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Could Decker really be counted on to stay healthy?  Track record wasn't promising. IMO this move doesn't play into Hack. 

Hack will play this season. Maybe not week 1 but he'll get plenty of playing time. 

With Decker gone, young wrs and a new o line, it's probably best to start with mccown and bring hack in when things start to improve.. .. Assuming the kids are good enough to improve.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Larz said:

When the Jets start out 0-3,  the meltdowns will be quite amusing 

This is an irsay style tank job. The players will be asked to win, the coaches will coach to win, but with the equivalent of Kerry Collins coming back from a 2 year retirement leading the way it's not a year to watch the scoreboard 

Just pick a couple young guys you like and watch them

Pretty sure colts fans are grateful their team didn't do what some of knuckleheads wanted macc to do this year (try to field a competitive team that would still have zero shot).

There is zero benefit to winning 6 games over 2. In fact, it would be a colossal mistake unless it was on the arm of Hack.

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Grant you in makes no sense to overpay admittedly a very productive WR when healthy when you do have a mess of younger cheaper ones. And truth be told this offense figures to be so awful the Jets are doing him a favor to latch on with a contender. Sight unseen with Mariota and his wife's career Titans make a world of sense.

Good luck; as with Marshall and Harris,  wish this vet nothing but the best.  This has to be torn down . 

You got it. If you think about it, just how much better is this team with a healthy Eric Decker? DO they win 1 more game? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but it makes sense from a few points of view.

"Hack, Hack, Hack"... blah, blah, blah

All three QBs on the roster are crap.  But I have a some hope that Petty could be a serviceable backup to whatever QB they draft at #1 or #2 in April. Maybe he could even improve enough to start the season in 2018 if the new guy isnt ready. 

Hack is a total waste of time and space.  So is McCown, but for entirely different reasons.

Petty and Robby should be turned loose.  Otherwise, this team has little chance to score points, even in the ample garbage time opportunities they will have.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The two safeties in rounds 1 and 2 are starting to make more sense now.

Yup have 7 1st, and 2nd rounders starting on defense, Tank, fire defensive HC, hire offensive minded HC, draft Franchise QB with 1st overall pick.

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Wait til we pass on a qb in round 1 next season for another defensive player

LOL   

What's scary is I can actually imagine that. BPA and all of that getting in the way.  I can see it now. "We just couldn't pass up on the rare talent in this D lineman" 

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

"Hack, Hack, Hack"... blah, blah, blah

All three QBs on the roster are crap.  But I have a some hope that Petty could be a serviceable backup to whatever QB they draft at #1 or #2 in April. Maybe he could even improve enough to start the season in 2018 if the new guy isnt ready. 

Hack is a total waste of time and space.  So is McCown, but for entirely different reasons.

Petty and Robby should be turned loose.  Otherwise, this team has little chance to score points, even in the ample garbage time opportunities they will have.

McCown is how you know we aren't actually trying to tank.  As bad as you and I know he is Macc actually thinks he's good

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Yup have 7 1st, and 2nd rounders starting on defense, Tank, fire defensive HC, hire offensive minded HC, draft Franchise QB with 1st overall pick.

You would have to imagine Bowles is in the plans if this much of a tear down is happening no? 

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

LOL   

What's scary is I can actually imagine that. BPA and all of that getting in the way.  I can see it now. "We just couldn't pass up on the rare talent in this D lineman" 

We'll screw it up and win a couple games and end up picking between 4-6 so yeah we're drafting another LB or DT

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

You would have to imagine Bowles is in the plans if this much of a tear down is happening no? 

No.  IF the Jets are starring at Sam Darnold Woody will have HC's banging on his door for the first time ever.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

No.  IF the Jets are starring at Sam Darnold Woody will have HC's banging on his door for the first time ever.

I'd love if that were the case. I'd also love a HC who has been a HC before. The rookie carousel is getting a bit old by now too eh? 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

If we get Darnold and the 1 pick we could realistically end up with Harbaugh or Gruden as the new Head Coach/GM

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

I'd love if that were the case. I'd also love a HC who has been a HC before. The rookie carousel is getting a bit old by now too eh? 

Agreed, can't think of a guy I'd love off the top of my head (don't like Gruden, and think Payton is way to bad at the defensive side of the ball), maybe Harbaugh?

1 minute ago, thadude said:

McCown is how you know we aren't actually trying to tank.  As bad as you and I know he is Macc actually thinks he's good

I agree with your concept, but not the reason.  McCown isn't there because the Jets aren't trying to tank, like I believe they are.  While the goal is clearly to lose, McCown is there for appearances sake only, and not to get embarrassed every week.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Agreed, can't think of a guy I'd love off the top of my head (don't like Gruden, and think Payton is way to bad at the defensive side of the ball), maybe Harbaugh?

Only reason I'd stay away from Gruden is young qb's have a hard time with him.  But anybody but Bowles

Archived