It's An Exciting Time To Be A Jets Fan

neckdemon

12 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Interesting but I think that team had Boomer as QB and as such was way way better than McCown at the most important position on the field.  The turnover at significant positions is a valid point but the fact that the Jets had a quality veteran QB makes all the difference IMO.

For instance Boomer's presence permitted Chrebet to properly develop.

Also the presence of Mo Lewis, and other Linebackers and CB and safeties were also proven on that team.  Whereas they are really unknowns or subpar players on our current team. Only the DL is better now but even then in 1995 you had Marvin Washington and Hugh Douglas two very good players on that DL at that time.

I understand what you are saying but I really think that Kotite had a real say in why that 1995 team stunk and that it wasn't seen as a rebuild like we are seeing now.

The reference about Boomer is dead on.  While we did only win three games that year, Boomer's presence was vet beneficial for Chrebet.  I can only hope this year doesn't ruin players like Leo, Adams, etc.  between losing a ton of games and having players like Richardson and Wilkerson who don't seem to be the type of leadership anyone wants on their team, this could be an incredibly bad season that is probably going to take several years to get out of, even if we are fortunate enough to get Darnold.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spoke with the TixRep. 

VERY on the defensive about this year's prospects and immediately brought up and defended Hackenberg, quite funny. The youth movement was needed and this team should be great in 2 years time. LOL!!!

He said to call back in 2 weeks when they tally up what new inventory will be available, lol, and they have a better idea of where everyone is moving around to. Apparently lots of people are scrambling and others, like myself, are pushing for upgrading their respective seats. My rep is ALWAYS defensive about the Jets and how it'll be different this year, :lol:

Archived